PDA

View Full Version : The YRA Year-End Trophy Party! - November 16th, 2010, Berkeley Yacht Club

war dog
11-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Is anyone going tonight? I’m on the fence due to a PTA meeting……..

The YRA Year-End Trophy Party! - November 16th, 2010, Berkeley Yacht Club Mark your calendars for the YRA Year-End Trophy Party. Here is your chance to pick up all the hard-earned hardware you've collected throughout the season. We'll be handing out the coveted Vallejo flags, the daily tophies from individual YRA races and the season champion awards. Our guest speakers this year will be from Golden Gate Yacht Club and they will be talking about the America's Cup. 7:00 pm, Berkeley Yacht Club.

Charlie Tuna
11-16-2010, 12:43 PM
http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LRG/27/2701/DEBND00Z.jpg

I think I left mine at the YRA party last year. It looks like this. If you see it, could you grab it for me?

war dog
11-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Very interesting talk last night…………Showed the same video that was shown at city hall when they first brought the cup back. A lot of talk about “this is not only GGYC’s” cup” but “belonged to all of the bay area YC’s” also stated that if SF is the chosen site USA 17 will be here by Sept. some joking about getting up on one pontoon to fit under the bridge and some talk about what needs to be done by SF to bring the races here and possible courses. A very candid talk fromTom Ehman but he requested that no journalist were present and “Did not want to read about it on line in the morning” and I will respect that…………….Bottom line if you want to help show up at the city meetings on the 30th and the 7th

Also looks like some fun plans for the “Medium sized wild cat” for 2011!!!

Buzz Light Beer
11-17-2010, 10:19 AM
They are building a medium size cat? Something between 45' and 72' ?

war dog
11-17-2010, 10:44 AM
From last nights talk 40’ first one out of the mold around Dec being made in Auckland 1 per team (4 teams right now est is +/- 10 teams) then teams can request a second after all teams get the first ones. It was referred to as the Jr boat.

Edit- just for clarification the “Medium size wildcat” reference has nothing to do with the AC. It refers to the boat I sailed on the past season and the plans for next year……………I like Rum and Pineapples!!! ;)

Charlie Tuna
11-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Was my trophy present?

war dog
11-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Was my trophy present?

Yea they had it there for you but since you didn’t show up to pick it up they are going to go with the original plan and melt it down for medallions for the crew!

(just sharing a bit O history I learned last night)

Photoboy
11-17-2010, 03:03 PM
My understanding is Dogzilla is being shipped to Pier 80, as will most of the 45's then 72'. That will be the "working" dock. Curios as to whether DOG will live South of Bay Bridge or North...

jrpytlak
11-22-2010, 07:44 AM
You see my owner pick up all our offshore, PC, and season awards? Was a good year for the Antrim!