PDA

View Full Version : Rise Above Plastics Surf Contest #1 at Linda Mar on Sunday, November 21, 2010

war dog
11-19-2010, 10:27 AM
PB do you have any insight on this event (being local) I’m looking for something different to do with WD Jr (AKA Battle Puppy) and thought that this might be a good way to introduce him to the sport and spend a Dad/Son day (watching it not joining). Is there a decent turn out of competitors? Any suggestion for a good spot to eat (with an ample supply of hot Coca) or any other local knowledge would be appreciated.........................

The first event in our three contests “Rise Above Plastics” Surf Contest Series is coming up on Sunday, November 21 at Linda Mar in Pacifica. All proceeds raised from the contest will go to our Rise Above Plastics program which seeks to reduce the impact of plastics in the marine environment by raising awareness about the dangers of plastic pollution and by advocating for a reduction of single-use plastics and the recycling of all plastics.
EVENT DETAILS
DATE: Sunday, November 21, 2010
TIME: 7:00AM – 6:00PM

Photoboy
11-19-2010, 10:41 AM
http://www.surfrider.org/smc/?p=3545

The Taco Bell on the beach is the best!
Not sure about the weather this Saturday though:

Sat...SW winds 5 to 15 kt...becoming S 10 to 20 kt...with occasional gusts to 25 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 2 to 5 ft. NW swell 5 to 7 ft at 12 seconds. Showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms.

Gimme a holler and I'll give you the skinny!

war dog
11-19-2010, 10:55 AM
No deal on the Taco Bell idea…………….Promises made to Mrs. WD before she left for Portland with kid unit #1 this morning……………..No 1) Rum 2) Beer 3) Fast food………Add in a bath every night and in bed before 22:00 ( these rules apply to WD JR not me).

Contest is on Sunday OK to call mid morning 10:00 ish??

Charlie Tuna
11-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Don't any of you heathens go to church anymore?

Photoboy
11-19-2010, 11:08 AM
No deal on the Taco Bell idea…………….Promises made to Mrs. WD before she left for Portland with kid unit #1 this morning……………..No 1) Rum 2) Beer 3) Fast food………Add in a bath every night and in bed before 22:00 ( these rules apply to WD JR not me).

Contest is on Sunday OK to call mid morning 10:00 ish??

No problem, I'll just be getting back from Choir practice....

Sunday: WSW wind 13 to 18 kt becoming WNW in the morning. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Mixed swell...WNW 8 ft and WSW 2 ft. Wind waves 4 to 5 ft.

Weather looks a little chitty, this might serve as a good alternative: http://www.seabowl.com/

war dog
11-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Don't any of you heathens go to church anymore?

Only when someone close to me is being buried or getting married …………………..kind of rhymes but that makes sense being dang near the same thing!!

war dog
11-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Ok so we are not going to the surf contest..............But it could be an epic da- for the WD & BP.........Shhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell Mrs.WD our plans!! (alwa-s better to ask for forgivness than permision):)