PDA

View Full Version : Julien Dougherty Memorial

MikeRob
12-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Here's a note that we received from Julien's widow, Devra:

Dear Friends,

Many of you have asked what you can do to honor Julien, who left us suddenly and way too soon this fall. I had an idea in mind early on to create something that combined sailing and young people and have been working with Rocking the Boat, a wonderful nonprofit teaching young people to build and sail boats on the Bronx River, to give it shape.

With your help, the Julien Dougherty Fund for Sailing Education will be launched, along with Rocking the Boatís 32nd boat, in the spring. Please visit the website they developed at http://rockingtheboat.org/julien for all the details. I would love for you and as many of our friends and colleagues as possible to participate so that the Fund will truly represent what Julienís life was all about.

Thank you.

Devra Karlebach

She believes that contributions to the fund will provide a fitting tribute to Julien's memory and I ask that as many people as possible be part of this.

With my thanks, and if you or any friends have the time, the RtB end of semester celebration is this Friday from 6 to 8PM. Everyone is invited. For directions, go to www.rockingtheboat.org.

MikeR

doghouse
12-17-2010, 07:10 AM
Very cool Mike, thanks for sharing!

IOR Geezer
12-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Brilliant!

Jack Fate
12-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Ya done good Robinson.

InNeedOfSomeRestraint
12-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Well done Mike

MikeRob
12-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Glad to see you back, INOSR.

Cheers,

MikeR

InNeedOfSomeRestraint
01-14-2011, 11:46 PM
I'm always around, lurking in the shadows like the unruly teenager that I am.

Or so everyone tells me.

MikeRob
01-15-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm told that, while not exactly a teenager, I'm still unruly at times. Just ask the folks aboard Shooting Star.

InNeedOfSomeRestraint
01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
All you had to say was that you sailed with Shooting Star to make me believe you were unruly. What a crazy bunch of guys...