PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a waterproof housing for your SLR?

Photoboy
05-13-2011, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saTcPkh-bmE

Windsurfing Pioneer Brian Caserio of Sideoff Video, not only makes some awesome videos, but also builds housings for SLR's...SLR's you ask? Yes the Single Reflex Digital
camera is becoming the tool of choice for videographers and provides an option for hi res
digitals as well. We spoke to Brian at the AWT event at Waddell Creek last week. Check it out!

deep6
05-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Cool, I wish his back plate has less screws :( Bitch to remove and getting even pressure for a correct seal might be a issue.

Light & Motion has a great lock system, I wonder if he is working on something different...?

Photoboy
05-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Cool, I wish his back plate has less screws :( Bitch to remove and getting even pressure for a correct seal might be a issue.

Light & Motion has a great lock system, I wonder if he is working on something different...?

I asked Brian about the phillips head vs thumb screws. Because he is in surf shooting most of the time, getting bashed in the face or catching stuff on the thumb screws was an issue. (I Have thumb screws on my old housing) You can replace them with thumb screws for less combative conditions...You really need the number of screws to evenly lock the back plate in position and seal the unit. Think of it like torquing down a head. Units that have simple clamps are known for springing a leak...bad news with a $2k TO $5K body inside.