PDA

View Full Version : The officially unofficial unauthorized PD DDR Divisions tread

war dog
05-17-2011, 12:58 PM
I am unable to join in on the fun known as the Delta Ditch Run this year as once again I’m going to be stuck with the 120’s “Playing with ourselves ” but……………………I got some Rum and I got some SWAG so lets do this!!!!!

Sign Up here and once we see what the PD fleet consist of I will make up some ridiculously un-balanced divisions.

The Flash
05-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Hapa Girl
Contour 34
Heavyweight trimaran division

bhyde
05-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Bobanja
Corsair F24II
Lightweight trimaran divsion

Rainier
05-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Do we get extra points if we beat somebody with their own boat?

buster_hymen
05-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Do we get extra points if we beat somebody with their own boat?

You borrowing Moore Wave-ohs?

war dog
05-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Looks like we'll have a Multi Division Fo' So'............

Three Sigma is in.

Non Beach Cat Multihull Division

Once again just like the 3BF you can send me a PM to enter.

Rumor is PB will kick down at least one of the cool new dry shirts!!!

Rainier
05-18-2011, 11:16 AM
You borrowing Moore Wave-ohs?

The good and kind Aa has agreed to let us cruise his fine yacht down the delta. Looks like myself, willy boykin, and moorejito.

I can bring down a mix of PNW's finest brews to throw in the pot.

Tequila Bob
05-18-2011, 11:32 AM
All Right! Three cheers(beers) to the PNW crew! Mercedes is in!

Buzz Light Beer
05-18-2011, 11:40 AM
The good and kind Aa has agreed to let us cruise his fine yacht down the delta. Looks like myself, willy boykin, and moorejito.

I can bring down a mix of PNW's finest brews to throw in the pot.

That would be eh EH, in Canada, eh?

Caca Cabeza
05-20-2011, 10:28 AM
I hear Cliss from Team Peckerhead Racing is in.

'melonhead
05-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Average White Boat
Melges 24

war dog
05-24-2011, 12:00 PM
So far we are a still a bit light to make up much in the way of divisions……..Tell your friends and enemy’s to join up and we will get enough Rum to make this worth while!!

Hapa Girl Contour 34 Heavyweight trimaran division
Bobanja Corsair F24II Lightweight trimaran divsion
Three Sigma Non Beach Cat Multihull Division
Moore Wave-ohs Moore 24
Mercedes Moore 24
Average White Boat Melges 24

Photoboy
05-24-2011, 01:00 PM
What WD said...will be on tour aboard the Contour...getting in the way and stuff...

The Flash
05-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Anyone see the sailing instructions yet? Were supposed to be posted on the 22nd....

Photoboy
05-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Not yet but my sources tell me the start is getting moved north of the Brothers, just like the old days!

war dog
05-24-2011, 01:31 PM
...will be on tour aboard the Contour...getting in the way and stuff...

Now that I see the crew list on Hapa Girl I am even more pissed off at the prospect of sitting this one out!!!!

The Flash
05-24-2011, 01:46 PM
the critical question I have is - when do we pull out the 12 volt blender?

war dog
05-24-2011, 02:01 PM
What ever you do don’t let Caca Cabeza bring the “Bee Hive” …………Trust me on this!!! He will probably give you some story about how it helped us win the ST race Oh so many years ago but it also was a major contributing factor in the down fall on the Scow………….Just say NO!!!!

Photoboy
05-24-2011, 02:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOPkdbnUKqI

Where is Phil when you need him?

Caca Cabeza
05-24-2011, 02:35 PM
the critical question I have is - when do we pull out the 12 volt blender?

If the 12v blender isn't an option, I have a 2 stroke model made from remnants of a weed whacker and a blender.

Beehive... Thanks for reminding me. I'll also have to get some 'Dixie Riddle cups' to go with.

This could be epic.

IOR Geezer
05-24-2011, 02:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOPkdbnUKqI

Where is Phil when you need him?

That's a thing of beauty.

The Flash
05-24-2011, 02:53 PM
This is why I got the Symmetrical kite. With no pole to worry about (the corners are flown from the ama bows) jibing is simple - just toss over the main.

One small possible hitch is that it doesn't like to reach very high....

Caca Cabeza
05-24-2011, 03:18 PM
This is why I got the Symmetrical kite. With no pole to worry about (the corners are flown from the ama bows) jibing is simple - just toss over the main.

One small possible hitch is that it doesn't like to reach very high....

Speaking of gybes, did War Dog mention the gybe rule with the beehive?

war dog
05-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Speaking of gybes, did War Dog mention the gybe rule with the beehive?

Gybes AND bridges but remember we were quite a bit younger (by decades) last time that strategy paid off……………Then again this race is only ½ the distance.

Caca Cabeza
05-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Gybes AND bridges but remember we were quite a bit younger (by decades) last time that strategy paid off……………Then again this race is only ½ the distance.

Forgot about the bridges. Yes we were younger, but now we've had more practice.

Don't forget the Gary Mull quote:

War Dog: "Shit You're old!"

Gary Mull: "You know what that means? It means I've been laid more times than you."

Guitar
05-24-2011, 09:50 PM
I have also signed on with the PHR team members for the race. I will have a proper PHR hat to sport for the occasion.

Ballard Sailor
05-24-2011, 10:15 PM
This is California Fresh Water stuff isn't it? Shouldn't that blender be a 4 stroke?

aA
05-26-2011, 08:55 AM
in

war dog
05-29-2011, 12:53 AM
Ok Bitches I have one small bottle O Pyrat (the good suff) left from the Spin Cup .............do moore (get it) boats want to play or do I just put a bottle of the cheep shit on HG and let U fight over it?? ..............I got no Dog (another good one) in this fight as I'll be "waxing my board" with the 120's...........so tell your friends tell U dock mates hell even tell CM............but if this is to grow we need a base this year!!!!!!!!

Buzz Light Beer
05-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Sombody's been hittin the sauce.

bhyde
05-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Wait a minute here...Is that rain on the horizon? WTF?

Photoboy
05-31-2011, 09:53 AM
NWS forecast for San Pablow Bay

Friday: WSW wind around 7 kt. A chance of showers.
Friday Night: W wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Showers likely.
Saturday: E wind 6 to 15 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Showers likely.

crap, crap, and more crap.....

Tequila Bob
05-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Wait a minute here...Is that rain on the horizon? WTF?

It's a long way until next weekend. I'm not going to get worried.... yet.

Buzz Light Beer
05-31-2011, 10:43 AM
If April showers bring May flowers, what does rain in June bring?

war dog
05-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Photo boy hard at work

I sure hope that someone brings him binky to keep him comfortable in the rain this weekend!!!

Photoboy
05-31-2011, 12:23 PM
I had just finished 250 power crunches, ftr....

Caca Cabeza
05-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Too mas cervezas for photo boy. Wait till he meets the beehive...

Photoboy
05-31-2011, 12:32 PM
http://vimeo.com/24447444

Maybe it will steady my hand with the video cam....

war dog
05-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Wait till he meets the beehive...

The BeeHive is not to be trifled with…………….Unless you are comfortable riding a unicycle in the snow after washing down 4 Valium with a 6 pack of Old English 800 I would suggest you be very careful when around the BeeHive ………..I don’t care how many hulls you have under your ass!!!!

Just trust me on this one!!!!

bhyde
06-01-2011, 11:32 AM
It's a long way until next weekend. I'm not going to get worried.... yet.

San Francisco -
Sat/Sun : Rain
Richmond -
Sat/Sun : Yep, Rain
Benicia -
Sat/Sun : Great, more Rain
Antioch -
Sat/Sun : Big surprise, Rain
Stockton -
Sat/Sun : Dear Baby Jesus...its Rain!

I'm just going to go ahead and start worrying right 'bout now...

The Flash
06-01-2011, 12:58 PM
We've decided to make the final call about Friday at 12.

Rain is a bother - but - can deal

However, take a light SE'erly - and having to fighting up current and upwind - would be a hate mission...

aA
06-01-2011, 01:27 PM
yep, we're not registering until fri if at all

last years upwind journey sucked, add rain and lighter breeze to that? no tanks

Rainier
06-01-2011, 02:00 PM
The report i saw said West 20-25 with temps in the mid-80s.

Tequila Bob
06-01-2011, 02:07 PM

Sadly, we have pulled the plug due to family obligations and pressures at work. The forecast made it a little bit easier.

Buzz Light Beer
06-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Could be worse, you could have an outdoor wedding or graduation to attend this weekend.

Photoboy
06-01-2011, 02:26 PM
A unseasonably deep and cold upper low...currently south of the
aleutian islands will move to off the central/northern ca coast. This
will bring showers...mainly in the north bay friday aftn...spreading
across the entire district friday night and continuing into sunday
morning as the upper low remains stationary off the coast. The amount
of rain and the amount of wind will depend on the placement of the
upper low. The 12z nam12 is the furthest west of the models...and the
18z nam12 actually keeps the low further offshore. The ecmwf has the
easternmost placement with the gfs in the middle. For now...have
mentioned showers in the forecast instead of steady rain. Depending
on the model solution there could be a chance of showers through
sunday night and even into monday.

As the mid forecaster mentioned earlier...bottom line...anyone with
outdoor plans friday through sunday should closely monitor the latest
forecasts.

Generally dry weather is forecast for the remainder of next week
with some moderation in temperatures.

Climate fact...san francisco`s all time record for precipitation in
june is 2.57" back in 1884. In second place is 1.42" in 1967. The
records indicate many of the stations in our area also received much
higher than normal rainfall in 1967 due to a storm similar to the one
later this week.

What's not to like?

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/81294666461383155020.jpg

On a betterer note, home-biscuit got some good stuff in the ole inbox...sweet...

war dog
06-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Could be worse, you could have an outdoor wedding or graduation to attend this weekend.

You got that right my wife is in charge of the end of year carnival at my daughter’s school this Saturday. About 16 different game booths, Hot dog stand, Cotton candy and Snow cones for aprox 400 kids. No contingency plans for rain. I’m feeling ok about sailing out of the SFYC right about now!!!

bhyde
06-01-2011, 03:47 PM

This would be my wife's first DDR. And we're double-handing. And she's a non-alcohol drinking vegetarian from Florida.

My hand is slowly, yes ever so slowly, reaching for the eject handle...

Then again, fewer boats means the rum is easily within reach.

BobJ
06-01-2011, 04:22 PM
This would be my wife's first DDR. And we're double-handing . . .

Not that you need my advice but always make sure your wife has a good time sailing. Once she no longer wants to go along, everything gets immeasurably harder.

Angry Dolphin
06-01-2011, 04:28 PM
And she's a non-alcohol drinking vegetarian from Florida.

No competition for the PBR's or Slim-Jims!

Angry Dolphin
06-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Latest forecast

Friday: WSW wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of showers after 11am.

Friday Night: W wind 8 to 10 kt becoming E after midnight. Showers likely.

Saturday: SW wind 15-24 kt. Showers unlikely. Temps 72-79

Saturday Night: S wind around 8 kt becoming SW after midnight. BBQ with A chance of beer showers.

Sunday: SSW wind 7 to 9 kt. A chance of showers.

The Flash
06-01-2011, 05:30 PM
What state is that forecast for?

Sean McB
06-01-2011, 05:45 PM

Wait, isn't it called the "RoadMaster's" Series and not "RoadPu$$ies?"

PeckerHead Racing
06-01-2011, 09:25 PM
TBD is in, with THE PH on her. Hope we don’t flip on west isle this year.
Caca’s going? Where’s War Puppy going to be? Performing unnatural acts? I bet there is a BBQ that matches the marks on his ass at the SSC. Maybe a Bartender or two that put them there.

See you up there.

Hay Whimpering Dog, when can I pickup that rum to bring to this SSC event you won’t be attending?

Photoboy
06-02-2011, 07:55 AM
I asked local meteorologist Bill Martin what his cauldron saw for Saturday for the Delta from San Pablo Bay to Stockton came up with.

His reply: Showers with a south winds…. Some breaks after lunch… south wind all weekend like due South wind

solosailor
06-02-2011, 08:04 AM
And throw in some North-Easterlies for some added fun:

SAT NE WINDS 10 KT. PERIODS OF RAIN...THEN SHOWERS LIKELY.

Buzz Light Beer
06-02-2011, 08:25 AM
The NPH is one lazy mofo this year

war dog
06-02-2011, 08:46 AM
in

Your boat or the other one?

war dog
06-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Ok so here is what we have so far……………….right now I’m thinking just 2 divisions but I will split Div – B if we get at least 1 more non Moore to make 3. I’m going to pick up the Rum (yea I drank the one left over from the spin Cup with C.C. Sunday night) around 12:00 today so after that the Div are locked.
I’m looking for a volunteer boat to take and pass out the Rum in Stockton after the race (if Hapa Girl pulls the plug). I can bring it by the RYC Sat morning on my way to the boat. My boat call is 0930 at SFYC so it would be around 0845. Any volunteers?

PB should be chiming in with info on the textile prizes soon.

Division – A…… the dark side

Hapa Girl- Contour 34 Heavyweight trimaran division
Bobanja Corsair- F24II Lightweight trimaran divsion
Three Sigma- Non Beach Cat Multihull Division

Division – B ………The Mono’s

Moore Wave-ohs- Moore 24
Mercedes- Moore 24
Aa’s Boat FT?- Moore 24
PeckerHead on TBD- Melges 32
Average White Boat- Melges 24
centomiglia - FT 10

war dog
06-02-2011, 09:26 AM
TBD is in, with THE PH on her. Hope we don’t flip on west isle this year.
Caca’s going? Where’s War Puppy going to be? Performing unnatural acts? I bet there is a BBQ that matches the marks on his ass at the SSC. Maybe a Bartender or two that put them there.

See you up there.

Hay Whimpering Dog, when can I pickup that rum to bring to this SSC event you won’t be attending?

Well Well it looks like “The Peckerhead” was a bit deep in the piss last night………….What up Cliss started your B-Day celebration a bit early???

Happy Birthday you Peckerhead!!!

Caca Cabeza
06-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Happy birthday Pecherhead Cliss. I'm going on a triple boat. A guy named Dave and I are doing the pointy ends. Kind of weird having 3 bows to do foredeck on. From what I've picked up, you usually do the foredeck stuff on the middle bow. I don't know if each bow has a name, or if thew are all just called "the bow".

One of the advantages of having 3 bows (besides redundancy, I guess), is that you have more choices of where to set the chute. You could have windward or leeward in a monhull, but now we have windward, leeward, left center or right.

Also, on starts, I'm not sure if you have to have a majority of the bows over early to be called back, or if it is just 1 out of 3. It seems kind of American to require a majority, but I think the sailing rules originated in England way back when so I might have to ask the owner.

If the weather is decent we will be the delivery device for the rum. If it looks like we are winning (in our own opinion), then we will probably install the rum ourselves.

I'll keep a rib warm for you (or whatever it is that they are selling to eat.

Photoboy
06-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Ok so here is what we have so far……………….right now I’m thinking just 2 divisions but I will split Div – B if we get at least 1 more non Moore to make 3. I’m going to pick up the Rum (yea I drank the one left over from the spin Cup with C.C. Sunday night) around 12:00 today so after that the Div are locked.
I’m looking for a volunteer boat to take and pass out the Rum in Stockton after the race (if Hapa Girl pulls the plug). I can bring it by the RYC Sat morning on my way to the boat. My boat call is 0930 at SFYC so it would be around 0845. Any volunteers?

Moore Wave-ohs- Moore 24
Mercedes- Moore 24
Aa’s Boat FT?- Moore 24

* must take inventory, however I must note that the decision to enter a "hate mission" will be decided in about 24 hours. We shall see how the next in a long series of late season
storms plays out on the computer models....

bhyde
06-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Fleet breaks...

https://event-manager.compete-at.com/Manager/download?inline=false&fileid=YSCc61307040973429

PeckerHead Racing
06-02-2011, 01:57 PM
War Puppy... Why are't we listed in the PD list? I want a chance at the RUM that you won't be enjoying with Caca & I. BTW We're on the M32.

The Flash
06-02-2011, 02:08 PM
BHyde - Has the wife hit the eject button yet?

cazzaranda
06-02-2011, 02:23 PM
FT10 centomiglia is stocked with beers and ready to go! (we still don't have a main and an engine, but those are just details... :)

Cazza

Caca Cabeza
06-02-2011, 02:25 PM
War Puppy... Why are't we listed in the PD list? I want a chance at the RUM that you won't be enjoying with Caca & I. BTW We're on the M32.

PH - you are sooooooo politically incorrect. It isn't war dog. I isn't war puppy. It is Kinetic Military Action Canine. Haven't you been reading the papers?

PS, Kinetic Military Action Canine should have about 1/3 of a bottle of Sailor Jerry rum left over.

1/3 of a half gallon is how much? :eek:

Angry Dolphin
06-02-2011, 02:27 PM
How about "Conflict Poodle"?

'melonhead
06-02-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm not very excited about driving up from SoCal to sail upwind in the rain. Is there any hope at all for anything other than E/SE?

war dog
06-02-2011, 02:36 PM

Dude are you still drunk or just blind?????????? Look at the list again!!!

Cazzarada-I'll add you to the list but leaving it at 2 Divisions .......Cuzz I just got back from BevMo buying 2 bottles of Rum (I'll never get to drink) with my own $$ and I'm not wasting the gas or time to go back!!

I'm still looking for a back up Rum bearer!

war dog
06-02-2011, 02:38 PM
PS, Kinetic Military Action Canine should have about 1/3 of a bottle of Sailor Jerry rum left over.

Ummm yea bout that well .....................NOPE!!!!

PeckerHead Racing
06-02-2011, 02:57 PM
PH - you are sooooooo politically incorrect. It isn't war dog. I isn't war puppy. It is Kinetic Military Action Canine. Haven't you been reading the papers?

Crazy Canine would more appropriet...Puppies are sweet and nice to other animals. They don't abuse other animals. I'd hate to see what the Canine would do to a goat before jumping into the jungle.

bhyde
06-02-2011, 03:02 PM
BHyde - Has the wife hit the eject button yet?

Yeah, she hit that last night...Oh shit, you're talking about the race Saturday. Thought you were talking about something else. Never mind.

No she hasn't pull the plug yet, but my guess is that right around Friday night when it starts to dump 1.5" of rain, and after I've already put the boat in the water and driven the trailer to Stockton, and we're driving back home, the topic might come up.

We'll at least show up at the line and take a start. If by Benicia we don't start getting a warm fuzzy feeling we can make it to Stockton by the middle of next week, we'll bail out. It's one thing to be on a Hate Mission, but a Death March is out of the question.

DeathSpear
06-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, she hit that last night...Oh shit, you're talking about the race Saturday. Thought you were talking about something else. Never mind.

Pretty funny, LMAO

aA
06-02-2011, 07:44 PM
just off the phone...it was put on me to make the decision. eddie would go and so are we on the ft...
rainier (pronounced rahn-yay), willy b and the master of ceremonies for the double damned just hit the 5 out of portland to come take a crack w/wave*ohs

forecast is for pain with occasional pissy and shitty turning to completely f*cked. as wd says 'woogie boogie boogie, i love this shit' or sumpin like that

Photoboy
06-02-2011, 07:49 PM

Moore Wave-ohs- Moore 24
Mercedes- Moore 24
Aa’s Boat FT?- Moore 24
centomiglia - FT 10

Okay...WD's done gone and fetched two units of good grog at his own expense... Golf Claps!!!
I shall have, in possession, 10 PD shirts, provided that the wind gods permit...
They shall be awarded to the 1st 10 sailors from the registered list that can find me
and give the "Pickle Fork" sign... that would be the three middle fingers in unison...not
the middle finger, by it's lonesome...

Praying for some "W" to go with that "S"...

Voodoo Doll
06-02-2011, 08:41 PM
This sucks........

San Pablo Bay:

Saturday: E wind around 9 kt. Showers likely.
Saturday Night: E wind around 8 kt becoming SW after midnight. A chance of showers.

Suisun Bay:

Saturday: E wind around 6 kt. Showers likely.
Saturday Night: E wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. A chance of showers.

Sherman Island:

Saturday: Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming E around 6 kt in the morning. Showers likely.
Saturday Night: E wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. A chance of showers.

Stockton:

Saturday: Showers. High near 65. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Saturday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. East wind between 3 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Hand FIRMLY on the plug...........

-Voodoo

Rainier
06-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Roseburg baby!

WBoykin said it best. If your in the front it's fun, in the back it sucks. Doesn't matter if it's raining or sunny....

Rainier
06-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Roseburg baby!

WBoykin said it best. If your in the front it's fun, in the back it sucks. Doesn't matter if it's raining or sunny....

Rainier
06-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Roseburg baby!

war dog
06-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Tru dat..................you can say it again!!!!!

The Flash
06-03-2011, 08:56 AM
We're bummed - but HapaGirl is OUT.

whine, whine, whine - but it came down to "we can't get there from here"

Caca Cabeza
06-03-2011, 09:24 AM
War Dog, you need to contact Peckerhead on the red phone. You need to execute Contingency Plan Bravo. Repeat, Contingency Plan Bravo.

Now I have to figure out how to get back from Richmond after the bus drops me off tomorrow...

Photoboy
06-03-2011, 09:28 AM
War Dog, you need to contact Peckerhead on the red phone. You need to execute Contingency Plan Bravo. Repeat, Contingency Plan Bravo.

Now I have to figure out how to get back from Richmond after the bus drops me off tomorrow...

Bus will eventually go back to Stockton...just lay low and don't make a bunch of noise... they'll never know...

war dog
06-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Now I really need someone to step up and be the Rum bearer if this is to happen!! PB most likely be there to pass out the shirts so I’ll put what I have left in my “Box O Shirts” (3-XL,1-L & 2-M) in with the Rum. The boat that takes them up gets first pick and can pass the left over’s out anyway you want!!

If none of “The Darkside” make it lets change the divisions too.

Division A – Moore’s
Division B – Not Moore’s

Photoboy
06-03-2011, 09:49 AM
http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/88705850751758615916.gif

Purdy, innit?

war dog
06-03-2011, 10:20 AM
http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/88705850751758615916.gif

Purdy, innit?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

The Flash
06-03-2011, 10:24 AM
As we were looking for the brightside in the forecast - we realized there weren't any tornados in it....

Photoboy
06-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Well,

Instead of it raining cats and dogs, they are just going with it raining cats....?

aA
06-03-2011, 10:53 AM

werd moriarty!

war dog
06-03-2011, 10:58 AM
werd moriarty!

Close..............Oddball

aA
06-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Close..............Oddball

the moriarty was directed towards p-boy

Photoboy
06-03-2011, 01:14 PM
the moriarty was directed towards p-boy

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/83303955856920398559.jpg

...sorry, none of these for you this year either....

aA
06-03-2011, 01:23 PM
haters gonna hate

so sad

Buzz Light Beer
06-03-2011, 01:40 PM
http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/83303955856920398559.jpg

...sorry, none of these for you this year either....

:D

cazzaranda
06-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Centomiglia is out... If you get everywhere near us in the next races ask for a free beer, we're stocked for the next 3 months

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6q-f-zD4xPY/TAiR4rb3oxI/AAAAAAAAXlE/jVlxSgNoc7Y/s1600/PullThePlug.jpg

Charlie Tuna
06-03-2011, 02:16 PM
God almighty, you guys smell like you fell into a dung heap!

war dog
06-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Ok this is where we stand right now…… anyone else pulling the plug today??….I just saw the Average White Boat on 880 N so they are still in ……..but if I can’t find a boat willing to take the SWAG to SSC then this is all moot and I’ll drink the Rum!!!!

Division – A……The not Moore's

Hapa Girl- Contour 34 Heavyweight trimaran division ------------OUT
Bobanja Corsair- F24II Lightweight trimaran divsion -------------???
centomiglia - FT 10---------------------OUT

Division – B ………The Moore's

Moore Wave-ohs- Moore 24
Mercedes- Moore 24
FT- Moore 24

Charlie Tuna
06-03-2011, 02:55 PM
There's no booze, there's no broads, there's no action!

Nick G
06-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Shenanigans is making the trek! Opted for the bus ride home tomorrow PM instead of a "twice Stockton" drive tonight and tomorrow to retrieve and emtpy trailer. Looking forward to washing the salt of sails!

war dog
06-03-2011, 03:06 PM
There's no booze, there's no broads, there's no action!

That's another thing - don't fool around with the women. Their husbands carry guns.

Charlie Tuna
06-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I thought I told you to bring me some good-looking kid, not this fat, sausage-chewing wino!

BobJ
06-03-2011, 03:20 PM
hard to follow this thread is

war dog
06-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Ok you pass the Kelly’s Heroes test……………………………But trust me on the husbands carry guns thing……….I lived there and spent ALOT of time at the SSC back in the day!!!

Now who the F$&*$ is going to step up to take the Rum and shirts??????????????

Charlie Tuna
06-03-2011, 03:27 PM
But trust me on the husbands carry guns thing, I lived there and spent ALOT of time at the SSC back in the day!!!

Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation

war dog
06-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Got any other secret weapons?

Buzz Light Beer
06-03-2011, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq-kvGpEvrw

Tequila Bob
06-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Ok this is where we stand right now…… anyone else pulling the plug today??….I just saw the Average White Boat on 880 N so they are still in ……..but if I can’t find a boat willing to take the SWAG to SSC then this is all moot and I’ll drink the Rum!!!!

Division – A……The not Moore's

Hapa Girl- Contour 34 Heavyweight trimaran division ------------OUT
Bobanja Corsair- F24II Lightweight trimaran divsion -------------???
centomiglia - FT 10---------------------OUT

Division – B ………The Moore's

Moore Wave-ohs- Moore 24
Mercedes- Moore 24
FT- Moore 24

I hate to say it, but Mercedes has pulled the plug. Not weather realted, but that helped make the decision easier. Family and work considerations were the major factors.

Caca Cabeza
06-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Ok you pass the Kelly’s Heroes test……………………………But trust me on the husbands carry guns thing……….I lived there and spent ALOT of time at the SSC back in the day!!!

Now who the F$&*$ is going to step up to take the Rum and shirts??????????????

War dog speaks the truth. Here's mine.
http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/sniper/sn02/barrett_m82a1.jpg
You can plink the wife rustlers from 1,800 yards

So who is bringing the rum?

Tequila Bob
06-03-2011, 05:04 PM
War dog speaks the truth. Here's mine.
http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/sniper/sn02/barrett_m82a1.jpg
You can plink the wife rustlers from 1,800 yards

So who is bringing the rum?

I may be able to help. WD check you PM.

war dog
06-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Got it TB but unless one of these hardy souls that have the ball of brass want to step up we will just..................ummm recycle it????

Have a great race to all who chose to start!!!! I'll be out there in the rain also just not as long!!!!!!!!!!!!!

war dog
06-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Last chance...call me @ 510 714 7187 before 0800 if you want to take the Rum.

aA
06-04-2011, 07:46 AM
i can't be trusted to carry that booty for 65 miles uphill in the rain...and i'm a very trustworthy guy

Photoboy
06-04-2011, 10:35 AM
http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/84928336101202449122.jpg

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/72225407277394254294.jpg

"every picture tells a story, don't it?"

DeathSpear
06-04-2011, 11:29 AM
http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/84928336101202449122.jpg

It is a pretty storm

Photoboy
06-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Report from course, numerous last minute bail outs, a very spartan fleet headed up river.
Poor guys and gals at SSC can't get a break with condition last couple of years...

Photoboy
06-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Wildcard is leading and just got to the Carquinez Bridge 1:15 PM condtions light and upwind!

Angry Dolphin
06-04-2011, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGpQej3o9eo

"Get your foot off the boat Spaulding!"

Angry Dolphin
06-04-2011, 03:12 PM
On the positive side, it was down hill at the start....

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/86269614713175225731.jpg

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/84293086077190673276.jpg

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/29320464532974394487.jpg

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/95307266794721550031.jpg
all photos courtesy Seymour Dodds, RYC

Photoboy
06-04-2011, 03:34 PM
3:30 PM Update from Caca Cabeza....the Melges 32 has made it to Port Chicago and is windless drifting in current...

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/35596075843603154816.jpg

Current wind at SSC is 17 - 23 out of SSE, partly cloudy and muggy...

The center of low seems to be SLOOOOWLY working east..

Unofficial accounts indicate 40 boats have peeled of and headed West...

Photoboy
06-04-2011, 03:37 PM
On a side note..gazing out on the Pacific, which is flat as a pancake...winds are due south 15-20...sun is out sporadically and it feels like San Diego weather...

If you had to deliver a boat to SF from SC or Monterey, you could not ask for a betterer day...

BobJ
06-04-2011, 03:42 PM
1530 and the Melges 32 is only at Port Chicago (and has no wind)?

What if someone threw a party and nobody came . . .

Photoboy
06-04-2011, 03:55 PM
2:51pm: Shadow #43 tacking at Martinez Conoco Pier. Windward hull still in the water so very light conditions.
A few small multis nearby and some larger monohulls. Sun is out for the moment, but it's been pouring the last hour."

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 03:57 PM
3:50pm and the first keel boats are approaching the Antioch Bridge......heading East and still beating upwind.

-Voodoo

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 04:50 PM
The wind is starting to back down a bit up-river. Looks like it will be a looooooong night for the intrepid.

-Voodoo

Caca Cabeza
06-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Looks to be the big party that wasn't. Out at the SSC around 3:45. Lots of activity, setup etc, but the fleet way, way, way back. Winds 17-23 out of the ESE. Clearly not a spinnaker finish. Only 10-12 trailers in the parking lot, so who knows who pre-bailed.

Currently at KSCK (the airport, though the K designator is suspect...), winds 110 at 16, gusts 23. Not pretty for a finish.

On a side note, anybody remember the glory days of IOR when everybody went regardless of the forecast? 0 knots out of 230 or 35 guts to 46 out of 090? everybody geared up and went. Sometimes you sweated through it and sometimes you came home in pieces (boat or crew). It was just part of the sport.

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 05:19 PM
17:00
Shadow just a couple of miles to go.......to the Antioch Bridge!!!!!:eek:

-Voodoo

Tom Mc
06-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Looks to be the big party that wasn't. Out at the SSC around 3:45. Lots of activity, setup etc, but the fleet way, way, way back. Winds 17-23 out of the ESE. Clearly not a spinnaker finish. Only 10-12 trailers in the parking lot, so who knows who pre-bailed.

Currently at KSCK (the airport, though the K designator is suspect...), winds 110 at 16, gusts 23. Not pretty for a finish.

On a side note, anybody remember the glory days of IOR when everybody went regardless of the forecast? 0 knots out of 230 or 35 guts to 46 out of 090? everybody geared up and went. Sometimes you sweated through it and sometimes you came home in pieces (boat or crew). It was just part of the sport.

Thats aviation speak, KSFO, KSJC, KOAK etc, etc.

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 05:47 PM
17:45

Antrim 27 and Express 37 still 3 miles away from the Antioch Bridge.

Oh the PAIN!!!!

-Voodoo

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 06:07 PM
18:00
The first of the F-18 cats?.....3 miles from the Antioch Bridge.

......are we having fun yet???

-Voodoo

Charlie Tuna
06-04-2011, 06:12 PM
18:00
The first of the F-18 cats?.....3 miles from the Antioch Bridge.

......are we having fun yet???

-Voodoo

They are, fer sure!

IOR Geezer
06-04-2011, 06:18 PM

Vaguely

BobJ
06-04-2011, 07:06 PM

That's the problem (or benefit?) with over 800 events on the Bay calendar - you get kind of choosy and spoiled.

war dog
06-04-2011, 08:33 PM
The Pecker Head on the M32 has the Rum and shirts...........and for once I'm glad I was sailing 120's today...............got to got flip the steaks on the BBQ!!!!!

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 09:12 PM
18:00-Tacking their way to Stockton.

-Voodoo

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 09:15 PM
18:10-F-31R "Water Wings" makes it to Broad Slough.

-Voodoo

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 09:20 PM
18:10-The first of the Moore 24s at the head o Broad Slough.

-Voodoo

Nick G
06-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Shenanigans - Express 27 bailed out just short of Vallejo. Nice sail to that point but the ETA was looking bleak as the westerly died and the easterly took over. Never expected it to be easy, but the idea of getting the boat back on its trailer in Belvedere before dark was too tempting. Good sail up to that point without too many stops. Next year should be epic!

Nick

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 09:24 PM
18:15-Wacing a Wabbit up the Wiver.

-Voodoo

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 09:27 PM
18:16-F-31R "Water Wings strikes a pose.

-Voodoo

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 09:32 PM
18:24-F-27 "Papillon" chases "Water Wings" ads the multihulls head upstream to their spawning grounds.

-Voodoo

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 09:34 PM
18:40-Some just declared "No Mas".

-Voodoo

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 09:36 PM
18:43-Just when you think things couldn't get any worse........

-Voodoo

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 09:39 PM
18:54-Skipper to crew......."No worries, sailboats always have the right of way".

-Voodoo

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 09:42 PM
19:12-Just one more Moore.....

-Voodoo

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 09:44 PM
19:31-"Real" sailors don't sail to weather......

-Voodoo

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 09:46 PM
19:34-That's all folks!!!

-Voodoo

Big Brass Balls
06-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Nice work on the pics voodoo! Looks like a good year to be on the mend.

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 10:01 PM
21:00-Looks like the breeze is heading for bed....

-Voodoo

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 10:20 PM
22:10-Hope all the sailors brought their jammies, cause it's gonna be a looooooooong night.

Here's the linky: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/sailingclub/

-Voodoo

war dog
06-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Ouchhh...........

My single malt on the rock just got a bit better!!!

I wonder if the wet spot boy's will make boat call at 0930 in the morning??

Voodoo Doll
06-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Ouchhh...........
My single malt on the rock just got a bit better!!!

I wonder if the wet spot boy's will make boat call at 0930 in the morning??

War Doggie......

If no one finishes in the Rum divisions, perhaps you and I can throw back next weekend........(hint, hint, hint). ;-)

-Voodoo

F18 5150
06-05-2011, 12:09 AM
thanks for the updates

F18 5150
06-05-2011, 12:40 AM
But it turned out that having so much human ballast aboard made the boat too stable, and the rig was being stressed, so the jib came down and the crew—Peter (“a little hairy at times but a great time”) Stoneberg, Andy McCormick, Kyle Gundersen, and Dan Morris—backed off a bit. But not so’s you would notice.

wonder if that affected Shadow withdrawing.

http://blueplanettimes.com/?p=7149

Guitar
06-05-2011, 02:48 AM
I'll bet it feels like a full South Tower Race to the finishers.

UGH!

war dog
06-05-2011, 07:36 AM
The pecker head with the Rum and shirt bag...........

If he shows up with 2 empty bottles please give him a RAMWEL imprint on his forenogin!!

war dog
06-05-2011, 07:41 AM
War Doggie......

If no one finishes in the Rum divisions, perhaps you and I can throw back next weekend........(hint, hint, hint). ;-)

-Voodoo

I think if I race next weekend after the last few weeks and with CC comming up I'll have to move out.............Hummmmmm the "dark side" do you have a room I can stay in while looking for a apartment?

Photoboy
06-05-2011, 10:59 AM
News filtering in..Shadow broke her rig..the Martin242 Jazz had issues in the reeds near Pittsburg..

WildCard 1st to finish after 9:02? Next Melges 32 with the goods at 9:14 ET after midnight...1st multi's in the wee hours...

Big breeze started after Benicia Bridge in Suisun Bay winds on the nose at 20 gusting to near 30 and step waves from easterly's hitting the flood.

A lot of boats turned back then....

aA
06-05-2011, 12:24 PM
18:43-Just when you think things couldn't get any worse........

-Voodoo

can't tell from my phone but we have to be in this shot. had to tack up onto the reeds on the right to let that fat bastard through. up on the left was a beachcat on the reeds, sails up, no one around

what a godawful day that was

Photoboy
06-05-2011, 12:58 PM
http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/13156925633280145231.gif

The visible satellite at 8:00 PM last night.

pete m
06-05-2011, 01:54 PM
what the fuck is that PB?

also keep the SB boys away from this race- just them being there has obviously fucked up the last three years

Photoboy
06-05-2011, 02:12 PM
what the fuck is that PB?

also keep the SB boys away from this race- just them being there has obviously fucked up the last three years

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/13156925633280145231.gif

..THAT is perfectly formed low pressure system that any mid-winter disturbance would be proud to be shaped like...sadly it came the 1st week
of June...

bhyde
06-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Holy Shit! What an ass kicking that was. Got about four miles from the Antioch bridge and just got killed. The idea of doing another 20-30 miles at night uphill all the way with only my wife and I just didn't sound as good as sitting in the hot tub back in Benicia. Was a good race up until Pittsburg, but after that all we saw were boats coming back down the river. When we saw the Wyliecat 30 bailing out, we knew there could only be carnage ahead. Spent the rest of today cleaning up the mess and licking our wounds. I'll just take that DNF right now mister....

Charlie Tuna
06-05-2011, 08:04 PM
I'd say marry that woman, but apparently, you already have!

The Flash
06-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Kudos Bhyde, much respect to the lovely bride as well.

Buzz Light Beer
06-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Only 27 boats finished? Yikes!

Photoboy
06-05-2011, 09:17 PM
http://www.stocktonsc.org/ditch/Ditch2011_MonoOverall.htm

Start Time: Saturday, June 04, 2011 10:30:00: Distance 67.5

Pos Sail Boat Skipper PHRF Type Finish Elapsed Corrected Division
1 37005 Wildcard Thomas,Mark and Anne 27 SC37 21:02:34 10:32:34 12:47:19 Light 1
2 125 TBD Dyer,Gregory 30 Melges 32 21:18:47 10:48:47 13:02:21 Light 1
3 85 Dark Helmet Erkelens,Bill 150 Moore 24 1|01:48:54 14:53:54 14:32:37 Moore 24
4 87065 Stretch Schipper,Mark 84 Hobie 33 1|00:00:07 13:30:07 14:43:22 Light 1
5 USA19 E.T. English,Tony 75 Antrim 27 23:47:57 13:17:57 14:44:13 Light 1
6 83 Wild Rumpus Schwenk,Stephanie 141 SC27 1|01:43:35 14:54:35 14:45:56 Light 3
7 34 Waves Ohes McQueen,Matt 150 Moore 24 1|02:03:00 15:08:00 14:46:23 Moore 24
8 77 Moorigami Siegel,John 150 Moore 24 1|02:13:02 15:18:02 14:56:11 Moore 24
9 122 Paddy Wagon McBurney,Sean 150 Moore 24 1|02:17:33 15:22:33 15:00:35 Moore 24
10 155 Flying Tiger Seifers,Vaughn 150 Moore 24 SC 1|02:22:16 15:27:16 15:05:11 Moore 24
11 USA3 Marrakesh Perez,Craig 99 Express 34 1|01:00:48 14:30:48 15:24:57 Heavy 1
12 28050 El Raton Lotto,Ray 129 Express 27 1|02:07:31 15:24:31 15:33:38 Express 27
13 41 Magic Bus Deeds,Paul 129 Express 27 1|02:08:17 15:25:17 15:34:24 Express 27
14 30980 Ahi Newell,Andy 114 Santana 35 1|02:12:59 15:23:59 15:56:39 Heavy 2
15 18364 Peaches Rivlin,John 129 Express 27 1|02:42:31 15:59:31 16:08:58 Express 27
16 71 Topper II Holbrook,Conrad 150 Moore 24 1|03:33:42 16:38:42 16:14:55 Moore 24
17 48 Great White Fogel,Rachel 129 Express 27 1|02:58:13 16:15:13 16:24:49 Express 27
18 0 Dianne Katzman,Steve 129 express27 1|03:01:59 16:18:59 16:28:38 Express 27
19 35 Bad Hare Day Menzel,Erik 126 Wylie Wabbit 1|02:52:04 16:15:04 16:29:33 Wabbit
20 38747 Ay Caliente! Kennedy,Aaron 84 36.7 Farr First 1|01:58:25 15:28:25 16:52:22 Heavy 1
21 32539 Arc Angel Tatum,Jack 108 Sonoma 30 1|03:35:40 16:58:40 17:45:27 Light 2
22 67699 Froggy Deux Sirogiannis,George 168 Merit 25 1|06:06:10 19:05:10 18:06:51 Heavy 3
DNS 75 PARAMOUR Fennell,Rowan 150 Faster Moore 24
DNF 76 JR Korman,Richard 150 Moore 24 Moore 24
DNF 89 Mooretician Patterson,Roe 150 Moore 24 Moore 24
DNF 91 Risk Holmlund,Neal 129 Express 27 Express 27
DNF 101 Elise Criou,Nathalie 129 Express 27 Express 27
DNF 116 Flashman Gilles Combrisson,Mark English 150 Moore 24 Moore 24
DNF 118 Banditos Kernot,John 150 Moore 24 Moore 24
DNS 130 Bravo Wangenheim,Aaron 132 Pertorein Heavy 2
DNF 161 Sir Leansalot Lueck,Tom 105 Hunter 40 Heavy 2
DNF 163 Akyla Kirueshkin-Stepanoff,Zhenya 72 Hobie 33 Light 1
DNS 178 Toon Town Eisenberg,Michael 144 U-20 Light 3
DNS 208 Flashpoint Brown,Pat 84 Melges 24 Light 2
DNF 246 skiffsailingfoundation sjoberg,rufus 69 11meter Light 1
DNF 296 Delta-V Gonzalez,Stephen 138 Open 5.70 Light 3
DNF 420 Luna Sea Knox,Dan 144 Islander 36 Heavy 3
DNF 704 Paragon Gilfillan,John 198 Thunderbird Heavy 3
DNF 1598 Legacy Wright,Richard 147 34 Mk II Heavy 3
DNS 2394 Downtown Uproar Cumming,Darren 168 J/24 Heavy 3
DNF 3113 ARCADIA Nash,Gordon 135 Santanta 27' Heavy 2
DNF 3883 Zamazaan Mullins,Gregory 21 Custom Farr 52 Heavy 1
DNF 7260 Wet Corvette Scott & Mike,Broder Brothers 36 Hunter 54 Heavy 1
DNF 7507 Gypsy Lady clayton,val 177 mk 1 Heavy 3
DNF 7524 Los Banditos McFarland,Geoff 84 M24 Light 2
DNS 8426 Mr. McGregor Desenberg,Kim 126 Wylie Wabbit Wabbit
DNF 18018 Squirt Klatt,David 96 660 Light 2
DNF 18070 OPA! Thomas HIntz,Peggy Lidster/ 129 Express 27 Express 27
DNF 18278 Stewball Harford,Bob 72 Express 37 Heavy 1
DNF 9 JAZZ McGlashan,Graham 66 Martin 243 Light 1
DNF 18711 Vitesse sundholm,bryan 141 SC27 Light 3
DNF 18723 Quila Dillow,John 141 SC 27 Light 3
DNF 25352 Music DeGaa,Phil 111 Hunter Legend 37.5 Heavy 2
DNF 28031 Take Five Carroll,Donald 129 Express 27 Express 27
DNS 12 Keala Tostenson,Ron 126 Wabbit Wabbit
DNS 28054 Dreamtime craine,roger 132 Ericson SE Heavy 2
DNS 28166 La Gamelle Spindler,Richard 99 Olson 30 Light 2
DNF 28342 Jitterbug Wilson,Wayne 132 First 310 Heavy 2
DNS 28390 Pegasus Sykes,Marc 72 J-35 Heavy 1
DNS 28528 Jarlen Bloom,Robert 72 J35 Heavy 1
DNF 28632 Uno Wonner,Steve 102 Wyliecat 30 Heavy 2
DNF 28779 Mon Desir Nassoiy,Jerry 114 Jeanneau Sun Fast 35 Heavy 2
DNF 28890 NANCY Broderick,Pat 129 Wyliecat 30 Heavy 2
DNF 17 Doeknot Doe,Donald 204 cal 2-27 Heavy 3
DNS 21 Porcelain Monkey Kennedy,Michael 180 Cat 30 Standard Rig Heavy 3
DNS 33562 Stink Eye Weaver,Gutoff / 129 Laser 28 Heavy 2
DNS 29 Eagle groelz,ross 129 Express 27 Express 27
DNF 38042 Tiburon Stroub,Steve 27 sc 37 Light 1
DNF 45 Little Crazy Plant,Robert 126 Wabbit Wabbit
DNS 38777 Centurion's Ghost Sances,Martin 126 Tartan 10 Heavy 2
DNS 40428 Ergo Gage,Chris 129 Express 27 Express 27
DNF 42122 Double Trouble Kamperman,Jason 129 Express 27 Express 27
DNF 56703 Knot Serious Gierke,Steve 168 Capri 25 Heavy 3
DNS 49 Scandalous Owens,Garry 129 Express 27 Express 27
DNF 67994 Don Quixote Smith,Craig 141 Santa Cruz 27 Light 3
DNF 87014 Dragonsong McFadden,Sam 99 Olson 30 Light 2
DNS 55 Mercedes Rynd,Bob 150 Moore 24 Moore 24
DNF Croc Croc Eau Felten,Patrick 87 SD Heavy 1
DNS e11 Wile E Coyote Pruzan,Dan 129 Express 27 Express 27
DNF FC 7 VIP Taylor,Don 159 Farallone Clipper Heavy 3
DNS K3664 truant bolard,laurie 126 swan 38 Heavy 2
DNF me134 134 James,Elliott 111 Melges 20 Light 2
DNS mo134 PENGUIN Dini,Matt 150 Moore 24 SC Moore 24
DNS T650 Flight Risk Landon,Ben 102 T650 Light 2
DNS USA15 Centomiglia Maino,Fabio 54 FT10 Light 1
DNS 65 Sparrowhawk Condy,Tom 150 Moore 24 Moore 24
DNF 67 Shenanigans Gibbens,Nick 129 Express 27 Express 27
DNF USA303 Average White Boat Pierce,Kent 84 Melges 24 Light 2
DNS USA35045 B-Line Hoey,Jim 30 1D35 Light 1
DNF w11 Weckless Russell,Tim 126 Wabbit Wabbit

Photoboy
06-05-2011, 09:20 PM
http://www.stocktonsc.org/ditch/Ditch2011_Multi1_F18.htm

RaceName=2011 Ditch-Texel
2010 Ditch Run Performance Multi Class
WindSpeed: 15 WindDirection:NNW

Division=F18
Date: 06/04/11 StartTime: 11:11:00 Distance: 67.5nm

Pos Sail Boat Skipper TCF Type Score
DNS 84 F-18 Wildcat westland,bill 0.9970 F-18 Wildcat 8
DNS 193 El JEFE Maes,Luc 0.9970 Wild Cat 8
DNS 667 fickle Butler,Michael 0.9970 F-18 Infusion 8
DNF 1974 Tiger COLLINS,JEFF 0.9970 Hobie Tiger 8
DNS 2490 Kaos vs. Control Froeb,Charles 0.9970 F18 8
DNF 2591 Tiger Moore,Jason 0.9970 Tiger 8
DNS USA28 Water Bison Van Brunt,Alex 0.9970 Capricorn 8

Speed as VMG of winning boat: -243000.0 knots

Division=Multi 1
Date: 06/04/11 StartTime: 11:11:00 Distance: 67.5nm

Pos Sail Boat Skipper TCF Type Finish Elapsed Corrected Score
1 325 Kitty Litter Deal,Jason 1.0120 6.0NA 1|02:53:27 15:42:27 15:53:46 1
DNF 31 Trapout 1 Schmalzer,Peter 1.1220 Nacra F20C 14
DNS 44 Adrenaline Erkelens,William 1.1030 D class modified 14
DNF 49 Shadow Stoneberg,Peter 1.1930 Formula 40 14
DNF 88 rocket 88 klitza,ian 1.1010 custom 14
DNF 111 Carpe Diem Parsons,Tim 0.9640 Hobie 20 NS 14
DNS 512 Bastet little,mike 1.0530 Miracle 14
DNF 935 Nemesis Zimmer,Mark 0.9640 Hobie 20 NS 14
DNF 984 Addiction Reese,steve 0.9640 Hobie 20 NS 14
DNF 1017 Rojo Rojo Meacock,David J 1.0400 Nacra 20 14
DNF 16824 CATastrophe Bikle,Mike 0.9410 Hobie 18 14
DNS USA1 Beowulf V O'Driscoll,Alan 1.0660 Class D Catamaran 14
DNF USA460 Banana Hammock Bleier,Austin 1.0400 Inter 20 14

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 4.3 knots

RaceOfficer: Web: http://www.stocktonsc.org/ditch

Photoboy
06-05-2011, 09:21 PM
http://www.stocktonsc.org/ditch/Ditch2011_Mono.htm

RaceName=2011 Delta Ditch Run

WindSpeed:10 WindDirection:WNW

Division=Heavy 1
Date: 06/04/11 StartTime: 10:30:00 Distance: 67.5nm

Pos Order Sail Boat Skipper PHRF Type Finish Elapsed Corrected
1 65 USA3 Marrakesh Perez,Craig 99 Express 34 1|01:00:48 14:30:48 15:24:57
2 70 38747 Ay Caliente! Kennedy,Aaron 84 36.7 Farr First 1|01:58:25 15:28:25 16:52:22
DNF 55 3883 Zamazaan Mullins,Gregory 21 Custom Farr 52
DNF 90 7260 Wet Corvette Scott & Mike,Broder Brothers 36 Hunter 54
DNF 45 18278 Stewball Harford,Bob 72 Express 37
DNS 2 28390 Pegasus Sykes,Marc 72 J-35
DNS 1 28528 Jarlen Bloom,Robert 72 J35
DNF 59 Croc Croc Eau Felten,Patrick 87 SD

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 4.7 knots

Division=Heavy 2
Date: 06/04/11 StartTime: 10:49:00 Distance: 67.5nm

1 74 30980 Ahi Newell,Andy 114 Santana 35 1|02:12:59 15:23:59 15:56:39
DNS 19 130 Bravo Wangenheim,Aaron 132 Pertorein
DNF 46 161 Sir Leansalot Lueck,Tom 105 Hunter 40
DNF 47 3113 ARCADIA Nash,Gordon 135 Santanta 27'
DNF 48 25352 Music DeGaa,Phil 111 Hunter Legend 37.5
DNS 20 28054 Dreamtime craine,roger 132 Ericson SE
DNF 49 28342 Jitterbug Wilson,Wayne 132 First 310
DNF 51 28632 Uno Wonner,Steve 102 Wyliecat 30
DNF 21 28779 Mon Desir Nassoiy,Jerry 114 Jeanneau Sun Fast 35
DNF 22 28890 NANCY Broderick,Pat 129 Wyliecat 30
DNS 23 33562 Stink Eye Weaver,Gutoff / 129 Laser 28
DNS 24 38777 Centurion's Ghost Sances,Martin 126 Tartan 10
DNS 25 K3664 truant bolard,laurie 126 swan 38

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 4.4 knots

Division=Heavy 3
Date: 06/04/11 StartTime: 11:01:00 Distance: 67.5nm

1 88 67699 Froggy Deux Sirogiannis,George 168 Merit 25 1|06:06:10 19:05:10 18:06:51
DNF 33 420 Luna Sea Knox,Dan 144 Islander 36
DNF 34 704 Paragon Gilfillan,John 198 Thunderbird
DNF 54 1598 Legacy Wright,Richard 147 34 Mk II
DNS 35 2394 Downtown Uproar Cumming,Darren 168 J/24
DNF 36 7507 Gypsy Lady clayton,val 177 mk 1
DNF 66 17 Doeknot Doe,Donald 204 cal 2-27
DNS 32 21 Porcelain Monkey Kennedy,Michael 180 Cat 30 Standard Rig
DNF 37 56703 Knot Serious Gierke,Steve 168 Capri 25
DNF 38 FC 7 VIP Taylor,Don 159 Farallone Clipper

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 3.5 knots

Division=Light 1
Date: 06/04/11 StartTime: 10:30:00 Distance: 67.5nm

1 43 37005 Wildcard Thomas,Mark and Anne 27 SC37 21:02:34 10:32:34 12:47:19
2 44 125 TBD Dyer,Gregory 30 Melges 32 21:18:47 10:48:47 13:02:21
3 63 87065 Stretch Schipper,Mark 84 Hobie 33 1|00:00:07 13:30:07 14:43:22
4 62 USA19 E.T. English,Tony 75 Antrim 27 23:47:57 13:17:57 14:44:13
DNF 89 163 Akyla Kirueshkin-Stepanoff,Zhenya 72 Hobie 33
DNF 67 246 skiffsailingfoundation sjoberg,rufus 69 11meter
DNF 86 9 JAZZ McGlashan,Graham 66 Martin 243
DNF 58 38042 Tiburon Stroub,Steve 27 sc 37
DNS 3 USA15 Centomiglia Maino,Fabio 54 FT10
DNS 4 USA35045 B-Line Hoey,Jim 30 1D35

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 6.4 knots

Division=Light 2
Date: 06/04/11 StartTime: 10:37:00 Distance: 67.5nm

1 84 32539 Arc Angel Tatum,Jack 108 Sonoma 30 1|03:35:40 16:58:40 17:45:27
DNS 5 208 Flashpoint Brown,Pat 84 Melges 24
DNF 56 7524 Los Banditos McFarland,Geoff 84 M24
DNF 57 18018 Squirt Klatt,David 96 660
DNS 6 28166 La Gamelle Spindler,Richard 99 Olson 30
DNF 7 87014 Dragonsong McFadden,Sam 99 Olson 30
DNF 60 me134 134 James,Elliott 111 Melges 20
DNS 8 T650 Flight Risk Landon,Ben 102 T650
DNF 61 USA303 Average White Boat Pierce,Kent 84 Melges 24

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 4.0 knots

Division=Light 3
Date: 06/04/11 StartTime: 10:49:00 Distance: 67.5nm

1 68 83 Wild Rumpus Schwenk,Stephanie 141 SC27 1|01:43:35 14:54:35 14:45:56
DNS 26 178 Toon Town Eisenberg,Michael 144 U-20
DNF 50 296 Delta-V Gonzalez,Stephen 138 Open 5.70
DNF 27 18711 Vitesse sundholm,bryan 141 SC27
DNF 9 18723 Quila Dillow,John 141 SC 27
DNF 85 67994 Don Quixote Smith,Craig 141 Santa Cruz 27

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 4.5 knots

Division=Express 27
Date: 06/04/11 StartTime: 10:43:00 Distance: 67.5nm

1 72 28050 El Raton Lotto,Ray 129 Express 27 1|02:07:31 15:24:31 15:33:38
2 73 41 Magic Bus Deeds,Paul 129 Express 27 1|02:08:17 15:25:17 15:34:24
3 78 18364 Peaches Rivlin,John 129 Express 27 1|02:42:31 15:59:31 16:08:58
4 80 48 Great White Fogel,Rachel 129 Express 27 1|02:58:13 16:15:13 16:24:49
5 81 0 Dianne Katzman,Steve 129 express27 1|03:01:59 16:18:59 16:28:38
DNF 16 91 Risk Holmlund,Neal 129 Express 27
DNF 39 101 Elise Criou,Nathalie 129 Express 27
DNF 42 18070 OPA! Thomas HIntz,Peggy Lidster/ 129 Express 27
DNF 17 28031 Take Five Carroll,Donald 129 Express 27
DNS 13 29 Eagle groelz,ross 129 Express 27
DNS 18 40428 Ergo Gage,Chris 129 Express 27
DNF 82 42122 Double Trouble Kamperman,Jason 129 Express 27
DNS 14 49 Scandalous Owens,Garry 129 Express 27
DNS 12 e11 Wile E Coyote Pruzan,Dan 129 Express 27
DNF 15 67 Shenanigans Gibbens,Nick 129 Express 27

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 4.4 knots

Division=Wabbit
Date: 06/04/11 StartTime: 10:37:00 Distance: 67.5nm

1 79 35 Bad Hare Day Menzel,Erik 126 Wylie Wabbit 1|02:52:04 16:15:04 16:29:33
DNS 11 8426 Mr. McGregor Desenberg,Kim 126 Wylie Wabbit
DNS 87 12 Keala Tostenson,Ron 126 Wabbit
DNF 52 45 Little Crazy Plant,Robert 126 Wabbit
DNF 10 w11 Weckless Russell,Tim 126 Wabbit

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 4.2 knots

Division=Moore 24
Date: 06/04/11 StartTime: 10:55:00 Distance: 67.5nm

1 69 85 Dark Helmet Erkelens,Bill 150 Moore 24 1|01:48:54 14:53:54 14:32:37
2 71 34 Waves Ohes McQueen,Matt 150 Moore 24 1|02:03:00 15:08:00 14:46:23
3 75 77 Moorigami Siegel,John 150 Moore 24 1|02:13:02 15:18:02 14:56:11
4 76 122 Paddy Wagon McBurney,Sean 150 Moore 24 1|02:17:33 15:22:33 15:00:35
5 77 155 Flying Tiger Seifers,Vaughn 150 Moore 24 SC 1|02:22:16 15:27:16 15:05:11
6 83 71 Topper II Holbrook,Conrad 150 Moore 24 1|03:33:42 16:38:42 16:14:55
DNS 30 75 PARAMOUR Fennell,Rowan 150 Faster
DNF 40 76 JR Korman,Richard 150 Moore 24
DNF 53 89 Mooretician Patterson,Roe 150 Moore 24
DNF 64 116 Flashman Gilles Combrisson,Mark English 150 Moore 24
DNF 41 118 Banditos Kernot,John 150 Moore 24
DNS 28 55 Mercedes Rynd,Bob 150 Moore 24
DNS 31 mo134 PENGUIN Dini,Matt 150 Moore 24 SC
DNS 29 65 Sparrowhawk Condy,Tom 150 Moore 24

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 4.5 knots

Photoboy
06-05-2011, 09:23 PM
http://www.stocktonsc.org/ditch/Ditch2011_Multi_2.htm

Division=Multi 2
Date: 06/04/11 StartTime: 11:17:00 Distance: 67.5nm

Pos Sail Boat Skipper PHRF Type Finish Elapsed Corrected Fleet
1 277 Papillon Scott,Andrew 51 F-27 1|01:53:12 14:36:12 16:54:48 Multi-hull
DNF 25 Tatiana Rothacher,Urs -6 Farrier F9RX Multi-hull
DNS 247 Peregrine Falcon Gardner,Bill 51 F-27 Multi-hull
DNF 326 Bobanja hyde,bob 69 F-24 mkII Multi-hull
DNF 731 WaterWings Lawson,Jim -3 F-31R Multi-hull
DNF 27065 MAS ROVER eastham,mark 9 F-31 Multi-hull
DNF 28994 Wahoo! Thompson,Gary 201 Dolphin 460 Multi-hull
DNS 38053 Hapa Girl Mitchell,Gregory 39 Contour 34RS Multi-hull
DNF 69814 Origami Carter,Greg 48 F27 Formula Multi-hull
DNS 97126 Jabberwock Hadley,Phillip 129 Buccaneer 35 Multi-hull
DNS 116053 Lanikai Brady,John 174 Seawind 1160 Multi-hull

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 4.6 knots

Photoboy
06-05-2011, 09:25 PM
http://www.stocktonsc.org/ditch/Ditch2011_Cruise.htm

Division=Cruise
Date: 06/04/11 StartTime: 09:00:00 Distance: 67.5nm

Pos Sail Boat Skipper PHRF Type Finish Elapsed Corrected Fleet
1 USA77220 Infra Red Lopez,Ray 63 Davidson 44 19:31:40 10:31:40 11:55:25 Cruise
2 4 Holiday Robinson,Mike 144 Cal 36 23:21:13 14:21:13 14:08:48 Cruise
3 1910 Transposition McMahon,Rick 192 Catalina 27 1|04:25:39 19:25:39 17:46:47 Cruise
DNS 111 SAM Alexander,Tom 99 SAM 48 Cruise
DNF 449 Elli McDougall,Doug 195 Newport 28 Cruise
DNF 18731 coyote yates,peter 129 Wylie 34 Mod Cruise
DNF 915871 CIAO Spampinato,Juan 162 Catalina 34 Cruise

Speed as VMG of winning boat: 6.4 knots

'melonhead
06-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Kudos to whomever wrote the article on the front page; very accurate and well-written from an Average White Boat (Melges 24) perspective.

Ours was a similar tale to those told already.

Started mid-line and looked pretty good being able to sale high in the lighter stuff, the breeze went forward a bit and we were struggling to lay the Chevron Pier mark when we got slammed by a puff and laid 'er over. After we got the kite down and re-packed, we re-set and worked on trying to get back in touch. We were making some gains, but decided to go outside the Brothers instead of trying to get through the lee of a bigger boat that was parked on our line. That didn't really work out and we gave a bunch back.

It was a light run down the San Pablo Bay, but we were grateful to have the kite up and weren't really complaining about the lack of pressure. That being said, we could see working sails on the bigger boats closer to the Carquinez Bridge and knew our luck wasn't going to last. There was a bit of a concertina as we approached the bridge as everyone parked in the transition. A re-puff of westerly got us up to the bridge before it vacuumed out again. The boats on the left (north) got the new breeze first and sailed out of the transition.

The Carquinez Straits were a pure beat. In retrospect, the left was paying big. We should have worked the shifts up the left side, but pretty much just sailed from one edge to the other. Not smart.

As we approached the Benecia Bridge, the leaders in our little group broke south as the wind faded. There was a huge river of flood there that swept the right-most boats under the bridge first. On the east side of the bridge, the wind filled from the south for a while until it died again as we approached Port Chicago.

And then it was on. We spent the next several hours pounding into low 20's sustained with puffs approaching 30 and steep, nasty chop. Being 150 lbs. under class weight didn't make this very easy--or fun. We were doing OK with our group having passed the Antrim 27 (who looked lighter than us) and another boat with whom we had been trading tacks (maybe an Express?), but by the time we got to Antioch we had had enough.

it was now about 6:00 and we started doing the math. We weren't confident that it was going to get lighter and certainly didn't want to be doing this in the dark, so we pulled into Antioch Marina to consider our options. The other Melges 24 from Santa Barbara, Los Banditos, we very close behind and decided to join us.

Evidently there were a handful of people hanging out at Humphrey's watching the racing who decided to come down, say hello and check on us. We didn't even really know where we were, but we knew we had to get to Stockton to get our trailers. We were talking about sharing a cab when one of the observers offers to give us a ride. "You're kidding, right? How far is it?"

"About 45 minutes" he tells us. "But it's no problem, I'm happy to give you a ride"

It turns out this guy is a member of Richmond YC and has a Henderson 30. My boat partner and the owner of the other Melges jump in the car with this guy and head off to Stockton. I wish I had his hame; we owe this guy a HUGE thank you.

The rest of us sailed the boats back down New York Slough to the public launch ramp at Pittsburgh to haul the boats at the ramp. We had never launched or hauled our boat from a ramp, but our buddies had and walked us through it. Pretty straightforward. Fresh water made it a little more palatable too.

Boats hauled, rigs down, tied down and on the road by about 9:30. We stopped at a grocery store in Pittsburgh for "provisions" and headed to Stockton. That was umm, interesting.

We got back our hotel rooms in Stockton, showered changed and headed over to SSC in time to see the Antrim finish right around midnight. Kudos to them, better men than I.

All in all, not a great race, but certainly a great adventure. Who could pass up an opportunity to have dinner at Foster's Bighorn in Rio Vista?!

Nick Salvador
06-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Kudos to whomever wrote the article on the front page; very accurate and well-written from an Average White Boat (Melges 24) perspective.

Ours was a similar tale to those told already.

Started mid-line and looked pretty good being able to sale high in the lighter stuff, the breeze went forward a bit and we were struggling to lay the Chevron Pier mark when we got slammed by a puff and laid 'er over. After we got the kite down and re-packed, we re-set and worked on trying to get back in touch. We were making some gains, but decided to go outside the Brothers instead of trying to get through the lee of a bigger boat that was parked on our line. That didn't really work out and we gave a bunch back.

It was a light run down the San Pablo Bay, but we were grateful to have the kite up and weren't really complaining about the lack of pressure. That being said, we could see working sails on the bigger boats closer to the Carquinez Bridge and knew our luck wasn't going to last. There was a bit of a concertina as we approached the bridge as everyone parked in the transition. A re-puff of westerly got us up to the bridge before it vacuumed out again. The boats on the left (north) got the new breeze first and sailed out of the transition.

The Carquinez Straits were a pure beat. In retrospect, the left was paying big. We should have worked the shifts up the left side, but pretty much just sailed from one edge to the other. Not smart.

As we approached the Benecia Bridge, the leaders in our little group broke south as the wind faded. There was a huge river of flood there that swept the right-most boats under the bridge first. On the east side of the bridge, the wind filled from the south for a while until it died again as we approached Port Chicago.

And then it was on. We spent the next several hours pounding into low 20's sustained with puffs approaching 30 and steep, nasty chop. Being 150 lbs. under class weight didn't make this very easy--or fun. We were doing OK with our group having passed the Antrim 27 (who looked lighter than us) and another boat with whom we had been trading tacks (maybe an Express?), but by the time we got to Antioch we had had enough.

it was now about 6:00 and we started doing the math. We weren't confident that it was going to get lighter and certainly didn't want to be doing this in the dark, so we pulled into Antioch Marina to consider our options. The other Melges 24 from Santa Barbara, Los Banditos, we very close behind and decided to join us.

Evidently there were a handful of people hanging out at Humphrey's watching the racing who decided to come down, say hello and check on us. We didn't even really know where we were, but we knew we had to get to Stockton to get our trailers. We were talking about sharing a cab when one of the observers offers to give us a ride. "You're kidding, right? How far is it?"

"About 45 minutes" he tells us. "But it's no problem, I'm happy to give you a ride"

It turns out this guy is a member of Richmond YC and has a Henderson 30. My boat partner and the owner of the other Melges jump in the car with this guy and head off to Stockton. I wish I had his hame; we owe this guy a HUGE thank you.

The rest of us sailed the boats back down New York Slough to the public launch ramp at Pittsburgh to haul the boats at the ramp. We had never launched or hauled our boat from a ramp, but our buddies had and walked us through it. Pretty straightforward. Fresh water made it a little more palatable too.

Boats hauled, rigs down, tied down and on the road by about 9:30. We stopped at a grocery store in Pittsburgh for "provisions" and headed to Stockton. That was umm, interesting.

We got back our hotel rooms in Stockton, showered changed and headed over to SSC in time to see the Antrim finish right around midnight. Kudos to them, better men than I.

All in all, not a great race, but certainly a great adventure. Who could pass up an opportunity to have dinner at Foster's Bighorn in Rio Vista?!

Sounds like you got a ride from the Bilafer Family of Family Hour.

Tequila Bob
06-06-2011, 08:53 AM
There should be a brass balls award to those that finished. Wow, good job to everyone that stuck it out and finished.

Photoboy
06-06-2011, 09:50 AM
There should be a brass balls award to those that finished. Wow, good job to everyone that stuck it out and finished.

TB has a good point! A big congrats to team "Wild Rumpus" who came all the way from the Great White North and sailed an excellent race.
Something tells me they race in these kinda conditions up there, a lot. Anyways, Stephanie Schwenck was kind enough to provide us with a
glimpse of their ride up the river!

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/57381906959716922592.jpg
Stephanie, all smiles

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/64134417900102961769.jpg
Getting some spin time in.

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/16121626919811692779.jpg
If you are from the PNW, this IS shorts weather!

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/16187349462149597005.jpg
The nav station on Wild Rumpus

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/56459758709100419341.jpg
Deceiving, isn't it?

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/97050733255707797780.jpg
Beer, its whats for breakfast!

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/57958223539413652440.jpg
A very unfortunate welcome from some of Stockton's less than upstanding citizens.

war dog
06-06-2011, 10:34 AM
When I talked to PH last night he said that some of the PD shirts were on their way to WA I hope the Rumpus crew got some also the rum was not passed out so we should also send it North!! Sucks about the truck break in!!

On a lighter note someone was asking about the DDR on “the other site” Sat evening and they were directed here……..That lead to a lifetime ban for the person who directed them here and since I agreed with him I also got the lifetime flick……………here is the love note I sent Ed this morning………

Nice job Ed on your front page you put up "never forget" yet you ban a
veteran for helping point someone to race coverage that they are looking for.

Whatever

WD

Photoboy
06-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks so much for the efforts War Dog, no matter what Caca Cabeza sez, yer alright...

Tequila Bob
06-06-2011, 12:25 PM
When I talked to PH last night he said that some of the PD shirts were on their way to WA I hope the Rumpus crew got some also the rum was not passed out so we should also send it North!! Sucks about the truck break in!!

On a lighter note someone was asking about the DDR on “the other site” Sat evening and they were directed here……..That lead to a lifetime ban for the person who directed them here and since I agreed with him I also got the lifetime flick……………here is the love note I sent Ed this morning………

Nice job Ed on your front page you put up "never forget" yet you ban a
veteran for helping point someone to race coverage that they are looking for.

Whatever

WD

What a dick... you know, the other site. Don't know the guy but wow...

Big Brass Balls
06-06-2011, 12:45 PM

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c/brass_balls_keychain_540.jpg

Something like this?

Tequila Bob
06-06-2011, 12:47 PM
http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c/brass_balls_keychain_540.jpg

Something like this?

To be put in the companion way, for all who enter or exit...

Single Hander
06-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Would make an excellant knocker for the master bedroom.

familysailor
06-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Kinda small, aren't they?

Caca Cabeza
06-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks so much for the efforts War Dog, no matter what Caca Cabeza sez, yer alright...

But I have pictures...

Some day ask him how he BBQ'd his ass.

Good times.

IOR Geezer
06-07-2011, 09:39 PM
But I have pictures...

Some day ask him how he BBQ'd his ass.

Good times.

Do tell!

Caca Cabeza
06-08-2011, 09:11 AM
War Dog, would you like to go first or shall I?

Here's a hint: It involved "the beehive"

war dog
06-08-2011, 09:37 AM
War Dog, would you like to go first or shall I?

Here's a hint: It involved "the beehive"

Hey come on now haven’t any of you gotten divorced and then went on a wild streak for a year or so? So there were a pair or two of lace panties in your spin bag and yes I did the walk of shame the morning of the south tower race. I might have even gotten drunk and dove off your spreaders naked before sitting on a hot BBQ and the rumor about the cute Redhead bartender might even be true. But come on now that was a few decades ago and I moved to WA and sailed on my Prindle for 3 or 4 years to to cleanse my sins. I am now a nice quite mellow person so lets let bygones be bygones!!!

Caca Cabeza
06-08-2011, 09:46 AM
That's pretty good. There so much beehive involved that I really couldn't remember the details.

Thanks for sharing.

Damn beehive

war dog
06-08-2011, 01:58 PM
I just got this from The Pecker Head……….

OK so let’s get this race wrapped up!!

Div –A Not Moore’s

1st- TBD- got their Rum

Div –B Moore’s

1st - Moore Wave-ohs- Moore 24
aA if I get the Rum to you can you pass it along?

I also have some shirts left if you want one let me know and If I have your size I’ll send it.

Last thing PH gave me a hat if you did the race and didn’t get one I’ll send it to you Out of town boats that finished 1st pick the Out of town that didn’t finish next.

I’m looking forward to next year it should be a ripper because we all know it cant be upwind 2………..ummm 3 years in a row!!!

Photoboy
06-08-2011, 03:30 PM
...and in conclusion...

Stuff happens. As you know it was a very stormy day and at the west entrance to False River we got hit with a 25+ knot puff just as we were bearing away in a narrow channel. The Shadow cat buried her bows and gently cartwheeled over. We broke the rig just above the hounds when it hit the bottom and destroyed our brand new 3DI sails. Darn. Fortunately no one was hurt and the Protector got us upright in record time.

Peter Stoneberg on the unfortunate pitch pole

http://pressure-drop.us/imagehost/images/77747753288045345301.jpg
photo courtesy Wild Rumpus

Photoboy
06-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Written by Steve Gonzalez (USA 296)

I know, what was I thinking? Just something I wanted to do even though everyone told me I was crazy to attempt this on a small asymmetric boat but what the heck. If we just did what’s easy we wouldn’t be sailing.

After three changes of crew and last minute as usual I managed to get the boat down to Richmond, in the water and ready to sail by Saturday morning. The final crew list was Andrea, her friend Zack and myself. Andrea and I have sailed together on the Open a couple of times and Zack has sailed with Joe up in South beach so we all knew the boat to some degree but definitely last minute.

The weather forecast a week ahead of time was for 80 degrees and sunny with NNW winds which would have been a great reach across San Pablo Bay. The weather 3 days before the race however was for rain and South East to Easterly winds. It was a little of everything depending on the time of day.

Saturday Morning – 6 am.:

Saturday morning was cold and rainy. Not pouring rain but just constant and enough to soak you through in a short time. At 6 am in Stockton the weather was overcast with intermittent drizzle. As we headed in towards Richmond it became constant drizzle with light rain.

We arrived around 7:30 am. I grabbed my gear and the ice chest and headed to the docks. The boat was still in the harbor from Thursday but now it was tied up next to a Melges 24 instead of the dock. Talking to some of the boats around us later on it seems that no one was quite sure how to tie up to us due to the low freeboard so they moved us out from the dock and used life vests hanging down between the boats to keep from bumping too much. That plus I don’t think they wanted to try carrying their gear across our boat after stepping aboard once with no lifelines to hold on to! Good for us because it would be easy to leave the raft up. I loaded all the gear on the boat and rigged everything except the spinnaker. I even remembered to tension the jib halyard for once then nothing to do but wait for the crew to arrive and the race to begin. Here is what it looked like at 8:30 in the morning:

Time to wait….

Around 8:00 am to 8:30 am crews started arriving and boats were getting prepared. By 9:00 am some of the early birds were heading out to warm up and the wind picked up for a bit. It was actually windy in the harbor for a short while and the wind was moving North which sounded good for us.

Crew arrives and we head out:

My crew showed up between 9:15 to 9:30, just in time to help the Melges 24 slide out from between us and the dock while listening to the starting gun go off for the Cruising division. Shortly thereafter another Melges 24 put in at the crane and came over to tie up to us so we went through the shuffle again. Shortly after that we decided to head out rather than mess with docking another boat to us so we proceeded out of the harbor with some other boats while the wind moved a bit further North. It was a little congested getting out but we just took our time and let the big boys out ahead of us. Still plenty of time as the start was just outside the harbor.

The start:

When we got out to the race area it was steady light rain. Full foulies went on before we left the dock and it looked like they were on to stay. Turns out there were almost 90 boats out there even with the wet, cold weather.

We did a little sailing around and figured out what we wanted to do for the start. The wind was getting light again so we played with the spinnaker a bit to see how high we could carry it without too much pressure and decided a pin end start with the wind from ENE would keep us out of traffic and let us close reach to the first point. After that it was trying to keep the boat slow enough that we didn’t have to spend out time tacking and jibing in all the traffic.

We finally came to our start time and we headed out following the Express 27’s. Looks like we missed our start due to some delay starting the Express 27’s but that’s typical of my starts these days. By the time we decided that’s what really happened it we figured it was better to take the penalty then go all the way back and restart. Not like we were screaming along but we were making good speed upwind and it took us a while to figure out that we were with the wrong set of 27 footers.

Here is a shot from the Express 27 Elise that they took on the stretch up past the bridge. Wet and grey….

Once we got going we were able to hold one tack until just before The Brothers at Point San Pablo. Including the 2 tacks at the point we averaged 5.85 knots an a very close reach of 3.9 nautical miles which kept us solid with all the Express 27’s. I think we even impressed them a bit that we were able to hold our own. Top speed for that section was 8.82 knots with our best 500 meter stretch at 7.22 knots so we were pretty happy. 39 minutes to the Brothers from the Richmond Harbor exit!

San Pablo Bay:

By the time we turned the corner at The Brothers, the wind was moving West but still light. We were hoping for the wind to pick up but no such luck for us so we got some practice trying to sail deep.

At first it seemed like we were just going side to side and making no progress down the Bay. When we tried to go deep the wind was so light we would stall out quickly and have to head back up to keep moving. Then we tried easing out the spinnaker halyard and the tack a foot or so and we were able to heel to windward and rotate the kite out from behind the Main. Now we finally get moving in the right direction with decent speed. Unfortunately we lost a lot of ground to the boats behind while figuring that out.

You can clearly see the difference in tack/jibe angles from the Brothers into San Pablo bay. Partly wind shift but a lot of it was spinnaker handling. It made a big difference and we could finally hold our own with the symmetrical spinnaker boats instead of just giving away our lead.

Average speed from The Brothers to Point Pinole was 4.99 knots over 5.4 nautical miles. Top speed here was 8.26 knots with a 500 meter best of 6.76 knots. Another 1 hour and 4 minutes gone by.

Point Pinole to Hercules:

By now we were out in the deep water of San Pablo bay. A lot of the boats were staying further in towards shore after rounding Point Pinole but we decided to stay in the current and hope the wind would be a little stronger out here. Not sure it was the right decision but the Moore 24’s had caught up to us while we were figuring out how to go deep and fast (one start behind us) and we figured they knew what they were doing so we couldn’t go too wrong.

Not much to do here but drive and take advantage of any wind shifts. We had to jibe out and back to get out of traffic once but mostly we just tried to keep moving in the right direction with as much speed as we could. We could see the boats in along the shore moving well and towards the end of this stretch we saw a small sportboat with a masthead spinnaker just booking through the big boats like they were standing still. Turns out that was the modified i550 Carbon Offset although we didn’t know it at the time.

As the wind continued to ease up we moved closer towards shore as the boats there were still sailing with full spinnakers but it was tough going as the wind didn’t give us a lot to work with. We came to a dead stop at one point on this stretch for a short time and all we could do was wait for wind and watch the boats closer to shore still moving.

Stats for this section were 2.8 knots average speed over 3.97 nautical miles in an hour and 24 minutes. We had a couple of spots with 0 knots forward speed but the current kept us from going backwards. Best top speed was 5.39 knots with our best 500 meter run at 4.57 knots

Hercules to Mare Island:

We spent what felt like forever sitting in that hole in the water with a few big boats around us while frantically trying to figure a way out of the hole. Zack and Andrea must have put the kite up and down30-50 times that day and a lot of those times were during this stretch as the wind kept changing direction. At one point we did at least one 360 trying to follow it then took down the kite and waited. The rain came back for bit as well and thankfully shrouded the site of the Carquinez bridge that was just sitting there tempting us. It also decided to dump rain on us again. It was so cold we could see Zack’s breath. This is June????

When the wind finally did come back it was now in front of us coming out of the East. A 180 degree shift! That explains the hole we were in so long.

We doused the spinnaker, rolled out the jib and started out across the bay. Finally making some speed and the boat and crew were happy for a bit. I think the sun even came out for a while.

The race committee came by to notify everyone about a car tanker coming in and to stay out of the shipping channel. Turns out it was going to dock just before the bridge at that long pier you can see on the map.

We stayed South of the channel for a while then went out towards Mare Island with a trimaran that was out there with us just to stay away from the carrier ship. Wind was fresh and the boat wanted to go. The seas weren’t bad so it was actually a lot of fun.

After getting out of the hole our stats picked up a bit. We averaged 4.38 knots over 4.37 nautical miles for this stretch in 59 minutes. The top speed was 7.57 knots and top 500 meter run was at 6.3 knots. Big improvement over the last leg

Mare Island to the Carquinez bridge:

With the bridge just ahead and the wind picking up I was feeling pretty good. Unfortunately it was getting on towards 3 pm and we were only about ¼ of the way to Stockton. A discussion ensued and it was decided to turn back to Richmond. I compromised and agreed to turn back after we made it past the bridge. At least I felt like we had passé one more hurdle.

When we turned around the wind was in the low teens and rising. I found out later that it was blowing over 20+ in Suisun Bay and the esses a ways up ahead of us and most of the boats were turning back at that point so I am sure it was a good decision but a bit of a let down after all the work to get this far.

Stats for this section were an average speed of 6.24 knots in just over 2 nautical miles in 19 minutes. Max speed was 10 knots reaching with a best 500 meters at 6.9 knots.

The road home:

Once we turned around it was time to pop the chute again. I let the crew drive for a while and just sulked and ate a sandwich. I finally realized that I never started the camera so I turned it on for a bit. Here is a snapshot from the ride home with Zack driving and Andrea enjoying the sunshine. We actually saw the sun!

We were hoping for a nice fast downwind run back to the bay but the weather wasn’t done with us yet. We hit the same holes on the way back and motor sailed through them this time. Luckily there weren’t too many of them (Torqueedo motor) and the closer we got to the bay the stronger the wind was – and it changed direction – again! The final part of the return trip was against a westerly into the bay. We played tag with a Wyliecat 30 on the way in and kept ahead of them for quite a while but they caught up as we got near the Richmond bridge and passed us heading into Richmond. We even fired up the motor to try and catch up but I like to think that they were motor sailing as well since even with the motor helping they still continued to pull away.

We hit the harbor at 7:30 and had the boat tied up for the night by 8:30. I think we ran the battery on the motor down to 11%. Plenty for moving the boat around on Sunday to the hoist plus we still had the second battery in reserve – just in case.

Zack gave me a ride out to Stockton where my car and trailer were staying and we picked up the obligatory shirts. I was expecting to see boats and trailers lined up along the road and lots of people partying. Instead there were just a handful of trailers and no boats pulling out. The party was small and mainly locals. Only 3 boats had finished by 11 pm with a few motoring in during that time as well. Zack headed back and I hung out for a while and had a drink or two with friends.

A very subdued Delta Ditch run again this year. 22 boats finished in the monohull divisions and some of those weren’t in until 6 am Sunday morning.

The trip up was 4 hours and 34 minutes. The trip back to Richmond took us 4 hours and 10 minutes. Elapsed time was 8 hours and 44 minutes but I guess that’s a lot less than 3am or 6 am on Sunday.

Would I do it again? Definitely – but not until next year.

http://www.open570usa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=114%3Adelta-ditch-on-an-open-570&catid=62%3Anorthern-california-fleet&Itemid=89&lang=en

Photoboy
06-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Hey come on now haven’t any of you gotten divorced and then went on a wild streak for a year or so? So there were a pair or two of lace panties in your spin bag and yes I did the walk of shame the morning of the south tower race. I might have even gotten drunk and dove off your spreaders naked before sitting on a hot BBQ and the rumor about the cute Redhead bartender might even be true. But come on now that was a few decades ago and I moved to WA and sailed on my Prindle for 3 or 4 years to to cleanse my sins. I am now a nice quite mellow person so lets let bygones be bygones!!!

Laced panties and Walk of Shame? We're missing something here...

Caca Cabeza
06-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Laced panties and Walk of Shame? We're missing something here...

I'm pretty sure WD was a boy scout because he was PREPARED. Sort of. He was prepared, but forgot a blanket. That's where the spinnaker came in.

The line of the day was when the kite first went up and the panties gently floated through the ether was WD: "Oh, that's where they went".

The walk of shame had 3 legs left to sail.

Buzz Light Beer
06-09-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm pretty sure WD was a boy scout because he was PREPARED. Sort of. He was prepared, but forgot a blanket. That's where the spinnaker came in.

The line of the day was when the kite first went up and the panties gently floated through the ether was WD: "Oh, that's where they went".

The walk of shame had 3 legs left to sail.

Didn't know the boy scouts packed lacy pantys as part of their service pack. Gotta hand it to them though, they think of everything!