PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1999 Contour 34 SC Trimaran (yeah, a picklefork)

The Flash
02-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Well loved, excellent sailing Contour 34 Trimaran for sale. The 2 young ladies in the family are growing and we are looking for a Cat as they each want private berths… Boat has been fully updated over the last 3 years and is a great sailing boat used for SF Bay single & doublehanded handicap races as well as day sails(boat holds 8-10 people comfortably for a daysail, yet the skipper can manage the boat alone if needed) and week long cruises with a family of 4. The Contour is a flat folding (amas swing back) trimaran that folds on the water for slips, and can be demounted for trailering.

A partial listing of updated items over the last 3 years:

All new standing rigging
Replaced most of running rigging
New Trampolines
New lifelines all around, great for small children/pets.
New mainsail & jib
Assym and sym kite in good condition
New Honda 20 with elect tilt
Phil’s Foils carbon rudder and cassette/tiller
New Raymarine Speed, Depth, Wind
New Raymarine X5 autopilot/tiller ram
Bottom job 2010
Rebuilt Andersen winches and profurl jib furler
Tides marine strong track for main luff
Custom 3-axle trailer with bunks, new brakes, new tires.

Description:
Sails: the boat has a large roach mainsail with 8:1/24:1 mainsheet,
rotating mast, self-tacking jib, large code-0 style genoa on a furled
and 2 kites, one asymmetric that tacks to a 6 ft bowsprit, and a large
symmetrical for running in light air, tacked to the ama bows An
upgraded balanced carbon provides a light helm, and very positive control.

The boat has lots of storage space in the amas, the amas are large
enough to provide berths at anchor, and there is one bunk board
set/cushion for that. I keep the amas mostly empty when day sailing but
for our week long cruises we can load up enough gear for 4 adults and
2 kids easily and don't really notice the weight.

Interior:
The boat will sleep 4 in a large v-berth cabin and convertible main settees, + 2, with 1 single in each ama. The v-berth has a changing area and cabinets on one side of the daggerboard trunk, opposite the daggerboard trunk there is a full standing headroom marine head/sink with pressure water that opens into the main cabin. In the main cabin are opposing settees, with a removable table, that seat 5. There is a nav table/counter, with a 2 burner alcohol stove, sink with fresh and raw water, a large built-in cooler and more cabinetry for kitchen/etc items.

The engine is a 20 HP Honda long shaft outboard, electric start and tilt. Plenty of punch to fight headwinds >20 knots straight upwind and into heavychop (I know, I've done it) and yet will run all day at 6 knots
consuming about 3/4 gallon an hour at about 1/2 throttle. Also has a
12 amp generator built in.

For electronics, there is a 12 volt main system, a 24 volt system to
run a transformer and/or a possible windlass, and a 120v shoreside
system. Raymarine Wind, Speed, Depth and X5 autpoliot. VHF and Stereo.

Boat is demountable and therefore US road legal trailerable without permits, and transport can be arranged for about $1.50/mile. Trade-ins of well cared for trailerable trimaran would be considered.

Boat review:
http://www.sailingmagazine.net/boat-test/425-contour-34-sc

Yachtworld Advertisement:
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1999/Contour-34-SC-2404589/CA/United-States

war dog
02-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Dang there are 2 of these for sale on PD right now .......... But I hear this boat is a proven Rum winner!!

The Flash
02-15-2012, 08:48 PM
now how does that happen? Oh - and contact info. mitch.sailing@gmail.com

Charlie Tuna
02-16-2012, 09:46 AM
What's the price? Will you reduce it $1,000 a day til it sells?

Everyone is doing it!

The Flash
02-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Darn - looks like the 2nd entry had the price.

It's $105k - pretty firm, if someone didn't want the trailer for instance, I could separate the 2 (but who wouldn't want that?)

Can't say I'm reducing the price much, if at all, as the only reason to sell is to get the girls their own cabin, and I'm not quite old enough for my primary vessel to be a trawler. If it doesn't sell, I'll keep her as I really do like it for most of the sailing I do.

Getting quotes on new headsails and have a quote for a dodger in hand - sometime in late March, if the boat doesn't sell, I'm going to pull her off the market and get her ready for the upcoming Baha Ha Ha.