Wait for it....

Wait for it.....

;)

The Flash
02-07-2013, 08:29 AM
that's no FAIL

fototaker
02-07-2013, 09:44 AM
so i gotta ask: what happened? great sequence and LOVE how that guy passed him like nada then....

Buzz Light Beer
02-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Stuffing the bow too much while looking everywhere he was going instead of own destination.

fototaker
02-07-2013, 11:20 AM
hahahahaa yea, saw he was looking back a lot (ah do the same thing while shooting stuff cuz i want to know while i am snapping this, if something else more INTERESTING is happening behind me). seriously, i thought he was going to hit rocks or something!

The Flash
02-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Hard to say exactly, but notice he(she) hooked into a nice puff and climbed right back over red kite and was hauling the mail. Big wave came up and the crew dumped the kite, but sailing deadflat S/he stuck it in.

S/He could've heeled a bit and let the chine work, but that's not so fast and they had a match race going on. I would've asked my trimmer to over-sheet instead of dump the kite. Oversheeting slows the boat a tad, and oddly enough unloads things just a bit. It's also quicker to get the trim back on as it's very controlled. Takes a lot of helm/crew experience together and lots of chatter.