PDA

View Full Version : C&C SR 33 Shorthanded for sale

Bob Hughes
06-20-2016, 06:48 PM
It's time to move on to the next boat, so Shorty is for sale. After doing the recent Farallones race, I realized the SR 33 would be a great boat on the bay as she likes the big wind. Solid upwind and a blast off the wind with the masthead kites. She also carries a frac A3 which we could have carried on a much higher angle than the competition after rounding the island. We have carried the A3 in the 70's (AWA) with wind in the high teens to low 20's. Details are as follows:

1995 Hull #10
Fully optimized with spinnaker hoist converted to masthead. Rig reinforced with diamond stays and spreaders.
Addition of a carbon fiber 1’ bow sprit that is used for a code zero - added in 2014.
Sail inventory is in very good shape.
Lake Michigan PHRF rating of 75. Shorthanded has been very competitive in the Lake Michigan racing scene. Flagged every year in the Queen’s Cup including 4 second place finishes in division. Placed 3rd in Chicago Mac sportboat section in 2010 and 2011.
Safety gear that is required for the Chicago Mackinac race is available.
Repowered in 2009 with a Yanmar 3YM20. Pushes the boat at 7 knots into a stiff headwind.
Tack Tick instruments. Garmin GPS545 chart plotter.
New rudder by Larry Tuttle in 2014.
Comes with a Triad trailer with a goose neck style hitch. Includes 2 locker boxes.

Sail inventory
Main sails
2007 Quantum Carbon triradial – used for club racing. Material is still in very good condition.
2011 Quantum Fusion MX – Only used in Mac races and a few select buoy races. In excellent condition
Jibs
2010 Bluffton Bay Sails #1 (Dimension Polyant Flex Black)
2007 Quantum Fusion X #1
2007 Quantum Fusion X #2
2007 Quantum Fusion X #3
Spinnakers
2S Runner – Very good condition
1S VMG – New from North Sails in 2013
A3 – 2008 fractional from North Sails – still a great sail in the right conditions
Code Zero – 2014 from Doyle Boston Sails. ZL04 cloth. This sail is a giant killer in lighter winds and in higher winds at an increased apparent wind angle

Asking price $38,000. If interested, please send me a message and I can send more information or answer any questions that you might have. This has been a great boat and I'll regret selling her, but we're going to move on to a more duel purpose boat...gotta keep the wife happy, eh!

Bob Hughes
06-20-2016, 06:52 PM

Bob Hughes
08-22-2018, 08:31 AM
Just a heads up...Shorthanded is now in San Francisco. She’s gonna love the breeze out there.