View Full Version : News from elsewhere

Pages : [1] 2

foreguy
08-10-2010, 03:02 PM
http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/08/09/29425.htm

It finally happened.

war dog
08-10-2010, 04:59 PM
and now the fourms are off line....................

aA
08-10-2010, 05:08 PM
code red?

aA
08-10-2010, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hIcKkKID8k

doghouse
08-10-2010, 05:12 PM
WTF happened to the SA forums? Meyers put an injunction on em?

Buzz Light Beer
08-10-2010, 05:18 PM
They forgot the password for reboot.

Btw, what's the password for here, just in case?

foreguy
08-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Poon

aA
08-10-2010, 05:28 PM
if inosr comes here can i please have the honor of giving him the banstick?

doghouse
08-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Please do.

Buzz Light Beer
08-10-2010, 05:40 PM
http://avatars.qkype.com/free-avatars/avatars/animated_214/ban_key_animated_avatar_100x100_30456.gif

Silverbullet
08-10-2010, 06:08 PM
if inosr comes here can i please have the honor of giving him the banstick?
It's only a matter of time.

Photoboy
08-10-2010, 08:57 PM
http://avatars.qkype.com/free-avatars/avatars/animated_214/ban_key_animated_avatar_100x100_30456.gif

No respect, I tells ya!

Shife
08-10-2010, 08:59 PM
and now the fourms are off line....................

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha!

A friend sent me the courthouse link via email earlier this evening. I was not surpised to find the forums down over there when I got home tonight. Fucking hilarious.

Shife
08-10-2010, 09:08 PM
http://blogs.forbes.com/danielfisher/2010/08/10/first-marblehead-ceo-sues-sailing-blog-for-nasty-remarks/

aA
08-11-2010, 08:37 AM
where'd everyone go???

war dog
08-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Some of us are still here................When are you leaving for the DD?? Say Hi to the guys on Wet Spot fror me I hope to be there next year.................

aA
08-11-2010, 09:44 AM
leaving thursday evening for an all night drive. should hit cascade locks by 10am

will definitely say hi to mike and the boys for you

foreguy
08-11-2010, 10:36 AM
http://blogs.forbes.com/danielfisher/2010/08/10/first-marblehead-ceo-sues-sailing-blog-for-nasty-remarks/

Meyers isn’t sparing the firepower in this battle against his digital tormentors. He hired Los Angeles lawyer Barry Langberg, who won $1.6 million for entertainer Carol Burnett in 1976 after the National Enquirer incorrectly reported she’d gotten into a drunken row with Henry Kissinger. He’s also represented Rodney Dangerfield, Steve Wynn and Aretha Franklin. Put a reef in the sail and keep an eye out to weather.

Batten down the hatches!

Shife
08-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Anarchy indeed. Scooter didn't even have the balls to send a note stating he was banning me:

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#1001] Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on 15 January 2038 - 09:01 PM.

Guess he wasn't too happy with me spilling the beans about him contacting the employer of someone who complained to an advertiser.

Photoboy
08-30-2010, 08:26 PM
uh oh....shit hitting the fan over there?

Shife
08-30-2010, 08:39 PM
You could say that.

Editor
to schaufe2

show details 9:02 PM (1 hour ago)

i'm not sure what in the fuck is wrong with you, but i'm certain that i don't care. your misplaced anger towards me is over the top and unacceptable. why i've tolerated an asshole like you for so long is a mystery. but that's the end of that. fuck you, douchebag.

scot

If just mentioning what he did got his panties all in a bunch, just wait until the highly unflattering email from the CEO of Layline shows up.

Hey Scot, I know you're reading this: Did the Russians tell you to "Fuck off" in Russian, or in English with a Russian accent? I wish I could have been there for that conversation.

hobot
08-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Too 'effin funny.

Shife
08-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Ahh but it gets better. Complain to SA's advertisers and he will bitch to your employer:

Editor
to me

show details 10:53 PM (1 hour ago)

this will be my only response to you: you're an angry hater with nothing to contribute other than your vitriol towards me. as for your other comment, when an asshole writes to my advertisers to tell them to quit advertising with me, effectively attempting to ruin my business, and only because of something we wrote that he didn't like, and does it on company letterhead, you bet your ass i'm going to say something to his company. that you somehow think that i'm the one who is wrong says all i need to know about you. in the meantime, rather than try to get back into our forum to whine about being kicked out, i'd suggest you start your own website and see how that goes.

What a fun lovin' guy.

hobot
08-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah, he definately now has a history of throwing people under the bus when he see's fit to do so.

How anarchisitic.

familysailor
08-31-2010, 12:01 AM
Welcome to PD. This place is starting to be alot of fun...............

So----- do we need to start another "free no strings, free short sticks, free shife and er,..... free shife's short strings" campaign at SA?

doghouse
08-31-2010, 10:52 AM
It never ends

barleymalt
08-31-2010, 11:14 AM
It's deja vu all over again. Feels like late 2003...

war dog
08-31-2010, 11:17 AM

Welcome to PD Barleymalt

pond sailor
08-31-2010, 11:23 AM
Don't post a lot but this bullshit with Shife is....well bullshit. Thanks for the link war dog

barleymalt
08-31-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks WD. I wondered where the refugees from SA went. :-)

foreguy
08-31-2010, 11:34 AM
I missed the excitement, what happened this time?

More of the same?

doghouse
08-31-2010, 12:09 PM

Noob!

Shife
08-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Clean decided to start calling me a liar in order to justify my getting flicked. I don't give a shit about getting banned, but calling me a liar is something I won't tolerate. I just left him a voice mail. We'll see if he calls back.

EVK4
08-31-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm still not certain Pressure Drop is ever going to give me my mid-week sailing fix but SA certainly doesn't either. I like watching those sh!tfights but the sailing threads just aren't good or common enough any more.

Oh well.

EDIT: Why the hell does my status say that I'm sportin 3 corner pants. What the hell does that mean? That's it, I'm suing someone.

foreguy
08-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Why the hell does my status say that I'm sportin 3 corner pants. What the hell does that mean?

http://latinoblogger.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/wp-content/images/vitter_diapers-1.jpg

You will probably outgrow them, eventually.

foreguy
08-31-2010, 04:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzFwn064cFE

If my mom looked like this, I'd still be breast feeding.

doghouse
08-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Diapers have three corners?

doghouse
08-31-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm still not certain Pressure Drop is ever going to give me my mid-week sailing fix but SA certainly doesn't either. I like watching those sh!tfights but the sailing threads just aren't good or common enough any more.

Oh well.

EDIT: Why the hell does my status say that I'm sportin 3 corner pants. What the hell does that mean? That's it, I'm suing someone.
Well, I am still in the top 5 or 6 posters here, and I only post once every month or so, so that probably has something to do with it. I don't there is a single poster from my neck of the woods here actually...

aA
08-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Well, I am still in the top 5 or 6 posters here, and I only post once every month or so, so that probably has something to do with it. I don't there is a single poster from my neck of the woods here actually...

dog...invite your neck of the woods guys over here. in fact, send anything from your neck of the woods to me and we will get it up on the front page. user contributions are what make a place like this tick

and as someone who was at sa in the beginning, the total volume takes a while to build. rome nor sa were built overnight

doghouse
08-31-2010, 05:35 PM
dog...invite your neck of the woods guys over here. in fact, send anything from your neck of the woods to me and we will get it up on the front page. user contributions are what make a place like this tick

and as someone who was at sa in the beginning, the total volume takes a while to build. rome nor sa were built overnight

I know, I know. I been meaning to send shit.

Believe it or not, I was sniffing around SA for years before I actually signed up the doghouse moniker. But it is my only registered name there, no puppets, as I am totally no fun.

aA
08-31-2010, 05:44 PM
no worries bro

and that goes equally for anyone here. if you've got something, send it to p-boy or me. you don't need to be a wordsmith, just give some deets, any links or pics available and we will make it happen. just leave the personal agendas at the door

doghouse
08-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Now wait just a darn minute. If I can't wreak vengeance on my foes, how will my evil plan ever come to fruition??

doghouse
08-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Also, if you ever want some filler, the Meridian facebook page is usually were I upload video, race commentary (some times under way). Feel free to pull anything you want. Meridian Racing (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000486459230&ref=ts#!/pages/Meridian-Racing/105065256217688?ref=sgm)

I use twitter as a running blog sometime too while we are underway. http://twitter.com/MeridianRacing

mustang__1
08-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Also, if you ever want some filler, the Meridian facebook page is usually were I upload video, race commentary (some times under way). Feel free to pull anything you want. Meridian Racing (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000486459230&ref=ts#!/pages/Meridian-Racing/105065256217688?ref=sgm)

I use twitter as a running blog sometime too while we are underway. http://twitter.com/MeridianRacing

yeah but who the hell would want to read about that....especially if you do some delivery i definitely wouldnt want to be a part of...

NautiGirl
08-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Ahh but it gets better. Complain to SA's advertisers and he will bitch to your employer:

What a fun lovin' guy.

They must be rather selective about which advertisers they care to offend, because RHSP advertised on the site, yet they published a FP (TAFP?) rant doing nothing but slagging the race and the place (which was totally off the mark--every ocean racer I've talked to said our recpetion and experience there was extrordinary).

Needless to say, the organizers won't waste their time or money in '12, and regret bothering to this time.

Big Chicken
08-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Just found my way here thanks to War Dog's reference on "the thread" on that other site. Nice to be back among friends even if I have to start over as a nOOb.

aA
08-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Nice to be back among friends even if I have to start over as a nOOb.

ahahahahaha

once again proving the old adage that the intertubes is serious bidness!

Shife
08-31-2010, 09:01 PM
Just found my way here thanks to War Dog's reference on "the thread" on that other site. Nice to be back among friends even if I have to start over as a nOOb.

I can't wait to get to "three corner pants". I'm glad the meaning was explained, because I was certainly in the dark. Would make an excellent boat name.

bowline
08-31-2010, 09:39 PM
I can't wait to get to "three corner pants". I'm glad the meaning was explained, because I was certainly in the dark. Would make an excellent boat name.

Welcome to PD - the anti-anarchy for those tired of Clean's bullshit.

familysailor
08-31-2010, 10:03 PM
Welcome to PD - the anti-anarchy for those tired of Clean's bullshit.

Scooter is quite tiring as well.

hobot
08-31-2010, 10:18 PM
Considering all the recently arrived newbies, someone owes me alot of bewbs.

Shife
08-31-2010, 10:19 PM

Mmmmmmmmmm... boobs

Edit: Woo hoo! 3 corner pants!

GRUMPY
09-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Hahaha!! SA is starting to suck the big one!

Big Chicken
09-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Hey, hate to start out as a smartass but I was browsing around the forums and noticed that the East Coast/Great Lakes/Gulf Coast forum is subtitled "Stuff happening over on the Atlantic Seaboard, The Great Lakes or Gulf Region Anything West of the Great Divide!". Now I may be a nOOb for now (working on the post count), but I'm pretty sure that we are located East of the Great Divide, not West.

Great stuff so far!

barleymalt
09-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Hey, hate to start out as a smartass but I was browsing around the forums and noticed that the East Coast/Great Lakes/Gulf Coast forum is subtitled "Stuff happening over on the Atlantic Seaboard, The Great Lakes or Gulf Region Anything West of the Great Divide!". Now I may be a nOOb for now (working on the post count), but I'm pretty sure that we are located East of the Great Divide, not West.

Great stuff so far!

C'mon BC they're Californians. Anything east of Las Vegas is a black hole...

Edit- Thanks to whoever is hosting this, it is a breath of fresh air after the Tempesta/Block routine lately.

doghouse
09-01-2010, 06:51 AM
yeah but who the hell would want to read about that....especially if you do some delivery i definitely wouldnt want to be a part of...

I built an entire page just to make you jealous. True story.....

doghouse
09-01-2010, 06:53 AM

Goddamn right....

aA
09-01-2010, 08:30 AM
C'mon BC they're Californians. Anything east of Las Vegas is a black hole...

first time i heard charelston race week i thought...wtf? they sailing in cornfields?

Administrator
09-01-2010, 08:35 AM

Great stuff so far!

Picky, Picky, Picky,

aA
09-01-2010, 08:36 AM
uh oh...boss man's here

Sol Rosenberg
09-01-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm not an officer, I'm a buck private.

doghouse
09-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Fuck off Noob!

Big Chicken
09-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Picky, Picky, Picky,

Hey. East meets West!

aA
09-01-2010, 09:24 AM
tupac>biggie smalls

barleymalt
09-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Tupac hell. I'd rather have six pack.

aA
09-01-2010, 09:33 AM
thanks, but i'm driving

Kris O
09-01-2010, 10:32 AM
wonder if there is a way to keep george from coming here....I've never spoken to the guy, only seen from a far at some regattas, just can't stand him through his posts. Welcome to all the non-westcoasters who have made their way to this site....it actually talks about sailing...can you believe it? Nice Job Eric!

doghouse
09-01-2010, 11:12 AM
tupac>biggie smalls

Tupac was from Baltimore anyway. And California Love was a Dre song anyway, so there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytH5R4EG-Hw&feature=related

some dude
09-01-2010, 11:19 AM
what's it rate?

Burnsy
09-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Afternoon all.

war dog
09-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Afternoon all.

Welcome to PD!!

Kris O
09-01-2010, 11:28 AM
gotta go with this one instead....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmMDigwe4Ss

EVK4
09-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Interesting tangent on the who got flicked thread over there: sockpuppets. I've always wanted to see some sort of family tree of sockpuppets to know who is who. Are DoRag and SomeDude the same guy for instance? Things like that. Any of you guys have insight into these things? I only know the one very obvious one (ku) and yet he/she denies it so I won't out him/her here. Anybody want to out some of the longtime puppets?

Edit: I don't have any sockpuppets and my "handle" is my initials.

doghouse
09-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Well, where do you want to start. It would takes days just to get all the LIS ones out.

I have never had a sock in my life, and I would use my actual name ( Graham) but this handle came from years ago, and I named after my offroad company, when I signed up at a 4 wheel drive forum.

John Williams
09-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I can't keep up with socks. I always just use my name. I figure if I can't put my name to it, then I probably shouldn't be saying it...

doghouse
09-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Hey John, nice of you to drop in!

aA
09-01-2010, 12:18 PM
i've never understood the sock thing, though some people think when i changed to the initials from my original user name that i went puppet. whatever.

my m.o. has remained consistent throughout the years...talk friendly smack to those who know me personally, sign my name if i don't know them and i'm going to call them out.

EVK4
09-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Looks like you even use a picture of yourself as your avatar!

Back to sockpuppets, it might be impossible to track though I'm always amazed when somebody who I would assume would really really wants to be anonymous turns out to sail with other people and is known out in the real world. One guy early in the Reid Stowe thread dared me to figure out who he was and though it took almost ten minutes I did. Even found his avatar of his dog on a dating forum. He was/is a jerk though so it was worth the effort just to annoy him. I saved the PM thread until just recently.

I can't keep up with socks. I always just use my name. I figure if I can't put my name to it, then I probably shouldn't be saying it...

aA
09-01-2010, 12:23 PM
oh, and doghouse...

too short>jay-z

ahahahahaha

some dude
09-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Interesting tangent on the who got flicked thread over there: sockpuppets. I've always wanted to see some sort of family tree of sockpuppets to know who is who. Are DoRag and SomeDude the same guy for instance? Things like that. Any of you guys have insight into these things? I only know the one very obvious one (ku) and yet he/she denies it so I won't out him/her here. Anybody want to out some of the longtime puppets?

Edit: I don't have any sockpuppets and my "handle" is my initials.

I only know the real ID's of about 5 SA people/handles/etc. somedude and DoRag among them. Those 2 are definitely not the same person. Have been seen at parties together, have even sailed together (in fact there is a picture of them inhabiting separate bodies but the same boat on the wall next to me as I type this). I used to post as Joe Blow from time to time in early SA days (circa 2002), but then got too lazy to log out as one ID and back in as the other. Not "out" as SD to too many real world people precisely because there are so many SA kooks roaming the docks who I really don't want to talk to/hear from when I tear myself away from the interwebs and actually go sailing.

doghouse
09-01-2010, 12:31 PM
i've never understood the sock thing, though some people think when i changed to the initials from my original user name that i went puppet. whatever.

my m.o. has remained consistent throughout the years...talk friendly smack to those who know me personally, sign my name if i don't know them and i'm going to call them out.Going puppet? Is that like going retard?

oh, and doghouse...

too short>jay-z

ahahahahaha
F. u.!

Actually, you are right there, we all wish we a little bit taller.

doghouse
09-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I only know the real ID's of about 5 SA people/handles/etc. somedude and DoRag among them. Those 2 are definitely not the same person. Have been seen at parties together, have even sailed together (in fact there is a picture of them inhabiting separate bodies but the same boat on the wall next to me as I type this). I used to post as Joe Blow from time to time in early SA days (circa 2002), but then got too lazy to log out as one ID and back in as the other. Not "out" as SD to too many real world people precisely because there are so many SA kooks roaming the docks who I really don't want to talk to/hear from when I tear myself away from the interwebs and actually go sailing.

I probably know about 50 people from SA's real ID, probably more. Most are pretty cool. Some I avoid like the plague.

war dog
09-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I have to admit I do have 1 sock puppet (raw god) put in place after NS was given the flick never used it much and easy to figure it out. As far as my log in name well it has been my nick name since boxing in HS and it is tattooed on my right arm and some of my fellow Rangers only knew me by it back in the day. Just about everyone I sail with also knows me as WD and I sign all of my PM’s with my real name…..Tom Warren

Big Chicken
09-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Afternoon all.

Burnsy,

Hey! Great to hear from you. How's life in Beertown treating you and Christine? Is the Louie's Last thing still upcoming and if so how could I make a contribution?

BC

EVK4
09-01-2010, 12:41 PM
In the 2008 Pac Cup, the first thing I heard when hitting the docks in Kaneohe was a boisterous "EVK4" from Born2Sail. I sailed with him this year and he used my real name the whole time. I probably know about 20 SA'ers, a bit more than half met through SA and a bit less than half already knew them and figured out their SA handle while sailing together. it's easy when people use initials or sail numbers and the such.

EVK4
09-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Your first Raw God post was sensational. That one should be used more.

I have to admit I do have 1 sock puppet (raw god) put in place after NS was given the flick never used it much and easy to figure it out. As far as my log in name well it has been my nick name since boxing in HS and it is tattooed on my right arm and some of my fellow Rangers only knew me by it back in the day. Just about everyone I sail with also knows me as WD and I sign all of my PM’s with my real name…..Tom Warren

EVK4
09-01-2010, 12:44 PM
The only reason I never put my real name is that most googling of me happens for work and I want that to be kept separate. I don't mind you figuring out who I am from what I wrote on SA but don't want someone that I'm working with to figure out where I post (blogs, SA, PD, etc). What the hell though, my name is E d w a r d K i l l e e n and I'm a sailaholic. If anyone googles that they really want to find me.

Big Chicken
09-01-2010, 12:49 PM
What the hell though, my name is E d w a r d K i l l e e n and I'm a sailaholic.

Yeah, but what about the "V"? Vaginal herpes? No, wait, that would be VH wouldn't it? :)

aA
09-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah, but what about the "V"? Vaginal herpes? No, wait, that would be VH wouldn't it? :)

it never ends...

doghouse
09-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Ha.

Burnsy
09-01-2010, 01:12 PM
What off-road co / forum?

Sol Rosenberg
09-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi. I wear flip flops, not socks. Happy Labor Day

http://snsimages.tribune.com/media/photo/2010-06/140886960-29081906.jpg.

EVK4
09-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Venereal would be an excellent middle name. Better than what we picked for my son, that's for sure.

some dude
09-01-2010, 01:18 PM
I probably know about 50 people from SA's real ID, probably more. Most are pretty cool. Some I avoid like the plague.

Word. I'm thinking of a crew dinner at Fiddler's a few years ago, when Da Woody came reeling up to our table, and wanted to know what all of our SA handles were. Now Da Woody is mildly amusing from a distance, but at the moment it seemed prudent to remain anonymous. Other times it's OK if someone figures out who I am, and it can be helpful to figure out who others are from time to time (aA if I'm not mistaken you helped a good friend of mine out with a search for a Moore 24 at one point).
That said, when I post something here or on SA I don't have to stop and think about the extent to which I may be drawn into continuing the conversation on the dock at the Frantic on Saturday morning. Which is nice.

doghouse
09-01-2010, 01:19 PM
What off-road co / forum?

Why Doghouse Offroad of course......

We were on our local 4 wheel sites, Tidewater 4 wheelers, plus I was on the Ford Truck forum, and a few others. If I recall, you were more of the rock crawling type?

Burnsy
09-01-2010, 01:20 PM
It is, want to come sail? Things are good here, busy as hell w work so I'm not on often anymore.

Donation page is www.firstgiving.com/theheatwave

doghouse
09-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi. I wear flip flops, not socks. Happy Labor Day

http://snsimages.tribune.com/media/photo/2010-06/140886960-29081906.jpg.

Flop puppet?

btw, that looks like Vicki Vette.

Burnsy
09-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Correctamundo. Rockcrawler.com in the early days, then ultimatejeepers & POR

doghouse
09-01-2010, 01:21 PM
That said, when I post something here or on SA I don't have to stop and think about the extent to which I may be drawn into continuing the conversation on the dock at the Frantic on Saturday morning. Which is nice.
Abso-fucking-lutely.

doghouse
09-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Correctamundo. Rockcrawler.com in the early days, then ultimatejeepers & POR

Good. The old noodle isn't failing me yet.

aA
09-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Word. I'm thinking of a crew dinner at Fiddler's a few years ago, when Da Woody came reeling up to our table, and wanted to know what all of our SA handles were. Now Da Woody is mildly amusing from a distance, but at the moment it seemed prudent to remain anonymous. Other times it's OK if someone figures out who I am, and it can be helpful to figure out who others are from time to time (aA if I'm not mistaken you helped a good friend of mine out with a search for a Moore 24 at one point).

woodster pulled the same on us at fid's after noods a couple years back... i thought paul b. was gonna knock him out he was so un-amused

did sumpin's/your buddy ever pull the trigger? couple of recent for sale's out there, and not at easomized prices

some dude
09-01-2010, 02:01 PM
woodster pulled the same on us at fid's after noods a couple years back... i thought paul b. was gonna knock him out he was so un-amused

did sumpin's/your buddy ever pull the trigger? couple of recent for sale's out there, and not at easomized prices

The Moore's a bit on hold at the moment, alas. Was orginally going to be a 3 way partnership but what with house purchases and private school, sumpin's the only one of the 3 that pulled off approval at the wife level. So, back to OPB. Shame, because us 3 dudes don't get to sail together much any more. But the Moore dream still lives, and he may jump on one at the right price some time. Prices seem to be going back up on the recently posted ones.

Kev-lar
09-01-2010, 02:20 PM

Just sent a little something, good luck! Maybe you could write something for the front page?

K

aA
09-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Prices seem to be going back up on the recently posted ones.

12-16 is about the range. every now and then the 10k's show up, but they typically need some work. sounds like a minnesota boat is going up soon, the texas boat looks ok and could probably had for less than listed, and a certain off shore equipped one is for sale but not listed

give me a shout when/if you guys get the rolling again

some dude
09-01-2010, 02:42 PM
12-16 is about the range. every now and then the 10k's show up, but they typically need some work. sounds like a minnesota boat is going up soon, the texas boat looks ok and could probably had for less than listed, and a certain off shore equipped one is for sale but not listed

give me a shout when/if you guys get the rolling again

yeah saw the reference about the Minnesota boat on the yahoo group email. Looked at a certain offshore one living at Sven's. Very nice boat a little overly-beefy. Looked at the Ventura one and it was a pretty good deal but it went off the market and then back on, and there was some confusion about whether sails etc were included. Gotta downgrade our group to looky-loo's for now but if we (or sump) get serious we'll rope you back in. Thanks for the help.

ULDBGuy
09-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Is that MN Moore an SC? It looks like it in the photo (the blue boat, right?)

Nice place 'ya got here. I like the content, especially the Mini articles and great coverage of the Finns.

It's good to see some familiar names.

Selfishly, the best part of S/A is the Fix It and Gear boards. Maybe we can get some of that going here, as long as we don't have to endure the weekly threads asking which are the "best" deck shoes!

Oh, and which boat has a soft enough rating that I can win races on a midwest lake with no wind when I can't sail for shit - that's also a weekly over there.

I'll really miss Clean though . . .

John Williams
09-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Abso-fucking-lutely.

Don't get me wrong - I make zero judgments on those who choose handles over names. I've never and won't criticize people for choosing handles or even socks for that matter. Just a personal thing for me; my list of personal rules for net-behaviour is short, like, "never e-mail angry; sleep on it." As far as getting your ear chewed on the dock? Happens to me all the time anyway. I don't think anonymity would shield me from that. My path to serenity involves 1) keeping my mouth shut, and 2) stop volunteering. Neither is likely.

hobot
09-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Just an observation here, this thread has a very 2004 SA feel about it.

right on.

aA
09-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Is that MN Moore an SC? It looks like it in the photo (the blue boat, right?)

the blue boat is the texas boat and a flush deck, the min is not listed on the site yet.

easiest way to immediately tell an sc is hull number is post 130...

EVK4
09-01-2010, 03:10 PM
i didn't join SA until 2005 so I wouldn't know. I just want to increase my post count until I'm a chick magnet. Then my work will be done.

right on.

some dude
09-01-2010, 03:10 PM

right on.

I don't know about that-I remember just about every thread degenerating into a bunch of F-U's from day 1. Some good info there, just have to get better and better filters. And, as someone else observed, look beyond the main thread in the forums.

That said, good info here and if it's a little more Bay Area centric, so much the better

doghouse
09-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Don't get me wrong - I make zero judgments on those who choose handles over names. I've never and won't criticize people for choosing handles or even socks for that matter. Just a personal thing for me; my list of personal rules for net-behaviour is short, like, "never e-mail angry; sleep on it." As far as getting your ear chewed on the dock? Happens to me all the time anyway. I don't think anonymity would shield me from that. My path to serenity involves 1) keeping my mouth shut, and 2) stop volunteering. Neither is likely.

Are you reading in Linear or threaded format? Cause that response by me was towards some dude. But howdy John, glad you dropped in here!

doghouse
09-01-2010, 03:21 PM
if it's a little more Bay Area centric, so much the better

booooo......

And yes, there were lots of F u's tossed at SA from the get go. But there was also a lot more useful info, and waaaay less of the arrogance, which , to me, is the absolute worst part now.

pond sailor
09-01-2010, 03:24 PM
ULDBGuy.."races on a midwest lake with no wind when I can't sail for shit "

Hey now I resemble that remark

ULDBGuy
09-01-2010, 03:25 PM
The TX Moore is light blue - the photo I saw was a dark blue boat and I thought I saw a bit of cabin trunk. I'll look for it again. Edit: Coincidentally it's in the S/A Classifieds - 1981 hull #108. Doesn't that look like a bit of cabin trunk (white) in the top of the photo? Sorry, I couldn't get it to link - you'll have to sneak back over there.

Re the 2004 "feel," my first post as we transitioned to the then-new board on 1/2/04:

"Meanwhile, back on the old board . . . Ned's hangin' out, somebody named 'LL' posted 'QUANTUM RULES' and there's a picture of a semi-nude guy with a sheep. Don't all go thundering back at once."

(pond - but do you want a soft rating so you don't have to get better?)

aA
09-01-2010, 03:26 PM
the bay area centric will get balanced out with more users and more submissions from other areas. uff da has been a great help with pnw stuff, doghouse is going to help with va area, john and some dude can bring the socal flavor...the more people that show up and just submit what they can, the better the info starts to flow

doghouse
09-01-2010, 03:28 PM
the bay area centric will get balanced out with more users and more submissions from other areas. uff da has been a great help with pnw stuff, doghouse is going to help with va area, john and some dude can bring the socal flavor...the more people that show up and just submit what they can, the better the info starts to flow

I nominate aA as Pressure Drop Diplomat. Like Thomas Jefferson, only slightly more into Hendrix.

some dude
09-01-2010, 03:29 PM
john and some dude can bring the socal flavor...the more people that show up and just submit what they can, the better the info starts to flow

me ex so cal now nor cal-in favor of bay area centric. not enough breeze down there

some dude
09-01-2010, 03:37 PM
I nominate aA as Pressure Drop Diplomat. Like Thomas Jefferson, only slightly more into Hendrix.

word. Like Lincoln with a fro

EVK4
09-01-2010, 03:38 PM
I like making fun of their lack of wind. Takes the edge off of their freakin' baseball teams beating the Giants all the time. And frickin' Rally Monkeys and Steve Garvey and smog and all the other things that are hateful about the place. That said, I love Disneyland.

me ex so cal now nor cal-in favor of bay area centric. not enough breeze down there

hobot
09-01-2010, 03:39 PM
*doh*

pond sailor
09-01-2010, 03:39 PM
(Pond - but do you want a soft rating so you don't have to get better?)

Okay THAT part I don't resemble!

hobot
09-01-2010, 03:40 PM

Does that Post come with a Sally Hemmings perc?

ULDBGuy
09-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Jefferson WAS into Hendrix and Lincoln DID have a fro, where I went to school . . .

John Williams
09-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Not everywhere is San Dog... Long Beach is in SoCal and we get killer breeze - been getting the boat sorted out after a trip to Wisconsin. ABYC has the Labor Day regatta this weekend and the F18 fleet is kicking. Current North American Champ will be sailing along with the usual multihull Olympic medalists and World Champions... Guess I'll mosey over to the SoCal thread and plug the event. Fifteens and clear are in the forecast. :-)

doghouse
09-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Jefferson WAS into Hendrix and Lincoln DID have a fro, where I went to school . . .

That sounds mighty rad.

aA
09-01-2010, 03:56 PM
ahahahahaha

some dude
09-01-2010, 03:57 PM
jefferson was into hendrix and lincoln did have a fro, where i went to school . . .

ucsc?

some dude
09-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Not everywhere is San Dog... Long Beach is in SoCal and we get killer breeze - been getting the boat sorted out after a trip to Wisconsin. ABYC has the Labor Day regatta this weekend and the F18 fleet is kicking. Current North American Champ will be sailing along with the usual multihull Olympic medalists and World Champions... Guess I'll mosey over to the SoCal thread and plug the event. Fifteens and clear are in the forecast. :-)

Sounds about right 15=nuking down that way.
Strong Beach is nice, but if you live there you have to put in your time in San Diego, Newport, MDR, etc. Lots of PHRF sailing, lots of kelp, lots of driving to and from, and between regattas you have to live there. No thanks. Did my time.

ULDBGuy
09-01-2010, 04:01 PM
"ucsc?"

East Oakland - seriously.

Re the Moore: "Edit: Coincidentally it's in the S/A Classifieds - 1981 hull #108. Doesn't that look like a bit of cabin trunk (white) in the top of the photo? Sorry, I couldn't get it to link - you'll have to sneak back over there."

doghouse, is your avatar photo of the J125 fka Lucky Dog?

aA
09-01-2010, 04:05 PM
"ucsc?"

East Oakland - seriously.

Re the Moore: "Edit: Coincidentally it's in the S/A Classifieds - 1981 hull #108. Doesn't that look like a bit of cabin trunk (white) in the top of the photo? Sorry, I couldn't get it to link - you'll have to sneak back over there."

sure does have a cabin top, but from the pic and bad angle, it doesn't look like an sc style but more a sc27 style. like a one off or something

doghouse
09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
"ucsc?"

doghouse, is your avatar photo of the J125 fka Lucky Dog?

Farr 36.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs149.snc4/36822_105065482884332_105065256217688_38768_267923 _n.jpg

EVK4
09-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I have a friend who is looking to buy an express 27....is there any reason he should do that instead of a Moore 24? His Dad had an E27 and I think that familiarity is the only reason he's thinking that way. Give me some arguments I can throw his way other than moores generally have better boat names (the one that I used).

edit: oh crap, now my status says "testies dropping" when the hell do I get to chick magnet?

aA
09-01-2010, 04:22 PM
larger od fleet
less load on everything
less expense

aA
09-01-2010, 04:36 PM
well off to go see if we can get around the shoals quick enough for a bottle of red...see y'all

Sean McB
09-01-2010, 05:10 PM
They start 5 minutes before us on the Ditch Run, and we pass the majority of them by the time we reach Stockton.

mjr
09-01-2010, 06:09 PM
moore's seem to be getting much bigger turnouts as of late, although i dont think your friend can go wrong either way

mustang__1
09-01-2010, 07:48 PM
how the fuck do you quote multiple people on this forum.... i hit multi-quote and there was a checkmark but there isnt anything here?...

Anyways, even though im late to the party re: user names....i've been using mustang__1 for a long time, first made it to use for a game, and quickly found that the"__" is a very seldom used tool for user names, so m1 was always open. I also really dont make any attempt at keeping my identity a secret, often naming the regattas im sailing/boat etc. I also always sign my name on PM's. I must confess though that i do have one sockpuppet on SA. Its seldom used but it has been quite a bit of fun...

Dan G.

edit: oh, and i'll try to help cover all of the New England stuff etc.

ULDBGuy
09-01-2010, 08:10 PM
@m_1: I don't know yet but I'll suggest quotes are overused. Often a post will be a long quote followed by a one line response. It makes for long threads with little new content.

If anyone cares, I'm "BobJ" on other boards. I'll probably start using that here but it's interesting to see the S/A handles.

Shife
09-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Still no return phone call from Clean. Not surprised. He must be too busy creating alternate realities in which I lie about his stupid antics.

As for sock puppets: I'm not a fan. Never had one and never will.

BobJ
09-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I thought I might get a time out too due to that pink flag thread. All good - it was time to move on.

@Shife: How did the e-rudder work out (2-3 years ago)? Was it a Soverel 33?

Bob Hughes
09-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Hey guys, you know me as Shorthanded on SA....I decided to create this puppet on here.

BobJ
09-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Shorthanded huh? How about a SH TransPac? Eric T from Duluth trailered his Olson 30 out here for the race in 2008. Your boat would rock in that race.

Angry Dolphin
09-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Pink flags make me angry.

I don't know why.

Bob Hughes
09-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Ha, I know Eric. He's a friend of my brother. My buddy and I talked about a TransPac but many beers were involved. Talk about a logistical nightmare! We just do short double handed race each summer on Lake Michigan. Good times, but the rest of the season is fully crewed. Shorthanded is more of a hockey analogy, but I thought it would be a good name for the boat.

Shife
09-01-2010, 09:23 PM
I thought I might get a time out too due to that pink flag thread. All good - it was time to move on.

@Shife: How did the e-rudder work out (2-3 years ago)? Was it a Soverel 33?

Never got around to building it. Lots of plans, just not enough time. I'm sure it's still on Burnsy's wish list.

Ballard Sailor
09-02-2010, 12:00 AM
sure does have a cabin top, but from the pic and bad angle, it doesn't look like an sc style but more a sc27 style. like a one off or something

108 is a modified flat deck with an SC deck. Basically took the pop-up portion and glassed it into the flat deck, looks like an SC from the outside, you can see the glass job on the inside - but he did a good job of the modification. Boat needs to be upgraded

ludeen
09-02-2010, 06:30 AM
Hey guys!! am i the first foreign head here:cool: early observations,
like a first day at school , everyone nice to each other ,[ for awhile]
good luck,
L.

doghouse
09-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Hey guys, you know me as Shorthanded on SA....I decided to create this puppet on here.

Dammit Bob, I'll never been able to keep it straight with you using your real name as a puppet!

Big Chicken
09-02-2010, 07:03 AM
It is, want to come sail? Things are good here, busy as hell w work so I'm not on often anymore.

Thanks for the invite but we have a regatta at the Bay that weekend but will keep it in mind if we ever get over that way. We'll hoist one in your honor. Tossed in a donation to your effort. Have a great time!

Donut Town
09-02-2010, 07:34 AM
I don't want to post too much because I'm terrified of becoming a chick magnet...

doghouse
09-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Shit, the way I'm going, I'm gonna be a Group 3 studmuffin, whatever the fuck that is.

aA
09-02-2010, 08:05 AM
108 is a modified flat deck with an SC deck. Basically took the pop-up portion and glassed it into the flat deck, looks like an SC from the outside, you can see the glass job on the inside - but he did a good job of the modification. Boat needs to be upgraded

good info. does it have a front window like a 27?

aA
09-02-2010, 08:12 AM
I don't want to post too much because I'm terrified of becoming a chick magnet...

lmao

amb
09-02-2010, 10:13 AM

right on.

Yah. SA still has lots of really good useful threads that are well worth reading, but the rancor in the general BS threads just doesn't have any fun to it anymore and just reads like a bunch of assholes trying to out-asshole each other.

Somewhere in the Meyers thread it came up that SA and Sailnet were neck-and-neck in popularity, so I went and looked at Sailnet. Ugh. Their average rules thread goes something like "Hey, how does that go with port and starboard again?" (alternating with "Why won't anyone respect my 'mast abeam!' hail?"), and the average political thread was full of people talking about how much they looooove getting boarded by the coasties because it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy. I swallowed my bile and stopped there.

Glad I found this place, looks like it's off to a good start.

Christian
09-02-2010, 10:31 AM
It sure looks like the frat boys are determined to run SA in to the ground - shame

doghouse
09-02-2010, 10:38 AM
No kidding.

Kris O
09-02-2010, 11:05 AM
The way I read this article on the ruling is SA is free and clear of responsibility for what posters say but the posters themselves could be held in account...if they can be found...BUT SA will be held responsible for what they say in Threads and Editorial....so it all comes down them being able to prove grifterness.....it must be hard being short

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=134815&nid=118201

Ku
09-02-2010, 11:17 AM
It looks like all My posts in the old Bilge/Brig subforum were deleted along with that forum itself. So, is there a Friday policy? Are there mods other than BV/pb/ad/mh/bbb?

Is there an anti-sock-puppet policy on this forum? Note that admins can check IP numbers, but having the same IP number is not conclusive proof that two logins are the same person.

hobot
09-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Is it possible to go with the Honor policy when it comes to sock puppets?

Or is it just part of the game.

doghouse
09-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Is there an anti-sock-puppet policy on this forum? .

Gawd I hope so.

Note I don't consider the almighty Ku a puppet, sock or otherwise.

Ku
09-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Is it possible to go with the Honor policy when it comes to sock puppets?

Or is it just part of the game.

The PD forum management will have better success with this if he/they lead by example.

Donut Town
09-02-2010, 11:29 AM
The PD forum management will have better success with this if he/they lead by example.

Now that right there was funny!

doghouse
09-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Now that right there was funny!

Hey, we can always be hopeful.

Nick Salvador
09-02-2010, 12:00 PM
You will note that I have abandoned any pretense of anonymity...

liquorpig
09-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey my fine feathered friends. Just flew over from the other chicken coop to check out your hen house. Too many cocks next door for this rooster.

Do I need to make any kind of NooB offering?

Donut Town
09-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Hey, we can always be hopeful.

ya, well I meant that more as a reflection on SA than PD
The sock puppetry on SA was imho not only abetted but 'encouraged' by the SA brass - so that's where I was pointing my 'hee haw' about leading by example.
When the signal to noise ratio of the sock puppetry on SA hit the mid point of the bell curve, I turned down my listening volume on SA

Donut Town
09-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi Nick -

You been out to watch any of the Finn action?

doghouse
09-02-2010, 12:05 PM
ya, well I meant that more as a reflection on SA than PD
The sock puppetry on SA was imho not only abetted but 'encouraged' by the SA brass - so that's where I was pointing my 'hee haw' about leading by example.
When the signal to noise ratio of the sock puppetry on SA hit the mid point of the bell curve, I turned down my listening volume on SA

I see said the blind man.

doghouse
09-02-2010, 12:06 PM
You will note that I have abandoned any pretense of anonymity...

You'll always be NoStrings to me Nick.

Nick Salvador
09-02-2010, 12:08 PM
I helped with measurement, then went sailing on Monday, hit the De Young on Tuesday, nasty Dr. Appt. yesterday. So I'm going to spend the next three days checking out the action. Wind is at 7 kts here in M'Bay.

Nick Salvador
09-02-2010, 12:09 PM
No Strings Attached is the name of my Baltic. If I can figure out how to post an image here, I'll get one up.

doghouse
09-02-2010, 12:10 PM
No Strings Attached is the name of my Baltic. If I can figure out how to post an image here, I'll get one up.

Just click on the little picture thing in the advanced editor.

hobot
09-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Liquorpig, a cask of rum and no bypassing of the front page.

liquorpig
09-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Deal! Rum all around.....and I might even buy some shit from FP sponsors to boot.

How do I post an avatar?

Kris O
09-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Why is the Stfyc server too busy to show the BBS pages?

Big Chicken
09-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Deal! Rum all around.....and I might even buy some shit from FP sponsors to boot.

How do I post an avatar?

Go to Settings on the upper right corner of this page and "Edit Avatar"

Lono
09-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Aloha!

aA
09-02-2010, 12:37 PM
holy shite...there's a name i haven't seen in a long, long while

welcome lono!

doghouse
09-02-2010, 12:38 PM
holy shite...there's a name i haven't seen in a long, long while

welcome lono!

Took the words out of my mouth.

Donut Town
09-02-2010, 12:48 PM
We just moved the RBBS web site to an isolated app pool because we're about to load the Melges 32 world's site. Timing wasn't too good because just as we started there was a traffic spike from an article that just got posted on another web site. So we had to hurry and do the whole thing live. Hammer and sawzall method, but all's well now.

Kris O
09-02-2010, 12:54 PM
coolio....was just looking to see if the section breaks were up...nope....but glad to see the entries up to 95...looking forward to a fun series.

Ku
09-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Aloha!

Aloha Lono, are Kane and Kanaloa also coming here?

bowline
09-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I was part of that spike. Error message something like server not available, go somewhere else for awhile.

some dude
09-02-2010, 01:24 PM
I helped with measurement, then went sailing on Monday, hit the De Young on Tuesday, nasty Dr. Appt. yesterday. So I'm going to spend the next three days checking out the action. Wind is at 7 kts here in M'Bay.

for post-race meal, one of my favorite taco trucks is right at the west end of Gilman, where you turn the corner to go into the racetrack. very near the marina that the regatta is sailing out of.

hobot
09-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Wonder if Mr. Porter could be enticed to join this gang too.

Buzz Light Beer
09-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Wonder if Mr. Porter could be enticed to join this gang too.

How about Mrs Potter?

Fluffy
09-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Anybody going to send an inviation to LR. I'd love to get a little synopsis from him on the demise of SA.

More Cowbell2
09-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Aloha Lono, are Kane and Kanaloa also coming here?

Now I know this site has legs! All hail the mighty Ku!

Ahem, and tomorrow would be Friday, wink, wink, nudge, nudge!

bowline
09-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Let's hope that Woody and Ed Mond don't show up here - we'll be running out of worthwhile forums.

More Cowbell2
09-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I've given up on reading any Woody's posts. They give me a headache trying to translate them into something recognizable.

More Cowbell2
09-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Still no return phone call from Clean. Not surprised. He must be too busy creating alternate realities in which I lie about his stupid antics.

As for sock puppets: I'm not a fan. Never had one and never will.

Hi Shife,

Read through the BS in SA. Still can't believe you got flicked for what was just telling it like it is.

You're not expecting Clean to call, are you? "International Press", Un-f-ing believeable.

doghouse
09-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Let's hope that Woody and Ed Mond don't show up here - we'll be running out of worthwhile forums.

Holy beejeebus, don't even say their names.

hobot
09-02-2010, 02:30 PM
We have to sacifrice a goat now.

Big Chicken
09-02-2010, 02:43 PM
International Press

Without going back there to look, I'm almost certain that the statement was "International Media"

Nick Salvador
09-02-2010, 02:43 PM
for post-race meal, one of my favorite taco trucks is right at the west end of Gilman, where you turn the corner to go into the racetrack. very near the marina that the regatta is sailing out of.

No way man. I see that taco truck on my runs along the Bay Trail (I live aboard @ MBYH). There is NO WAY that I'm risking my stomach to that truck when Jimmy Beans or T-Rex are 4 blocks up Gilman.

Burnsy
09-02-2010, 03:37 PM
I would submit that sock puppets or anon posts are not the issue - the noise-generating retards behind them are.

That said, no sock puppets & never had one.

hobot
09-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Snaggy is a well behaved SP (imo).

Kris O
09-02-2010, 03:53 PM
In case you couldn't guess: the former SF65

I banned myself from posting on SA after the Key West incident and changing jobs which made me susceptible to web vetting

some dude
09-02-2010, 04:08 PM
No way man. I see that taco truck on my runs along the Bay Trail (I live aboard @ MBYH). There is NO WAY that I'm risking my stomach to that truck when Jimmy Beans or T-Rex are 4 blocks up Gilman.

Those are 3 completely different meals. Gilman taco truck for tacos or burrito on the fly. Very tasty. Been eating there for years (and at taco trucks in general) and never had a problem.

Jimmy Beans for breakfast. Very good, but kinda cramped if you weant to read the paper (or at least not get ass-in-face when the people at the next table get up). Try Gilman Grill across the street, or the log cabin place on San P around the corner.

T-Rex very very good for a sit down lunch dinner with cloth napkins. Had a pulled pork sandwich about an hour before my wedding.

All very tasty, all compeltely different kinds of meals. 1 is a $3-5 lunch that takes 15 minutes, 1 is a weekend breakfast place, and 1 is a nice sit down meal.

hobot
09-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Oh for the love of God....I want a total and clean (sic) break up with SA and can't figure out how to delete all my postings.

A little help please?

Thx.

doghouse
09-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Ask JT/Anonymous Guest.

Shife
09-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi Shife,

Read through the BS in SA. Still can't believe you got flicked for what was just telling it like it is.

You're not expecting Clean to call, are you? "International Press", Un-f-ing believeable.

He never took responsibility for his actions before, so no, I don't think he has the stones to call me.

Just got a call from the author of the email to the advertiser. His SA account has been suspended too. I guess Scot and Clean figure that since they've fucked all their business opportunities in the Detroit sailing scene that they might as well ban all the folks here that are tired of their crap.

No worries SA'ers. Speak your mind, get banned, and join the party over here.

Shife
09-02-2010, 04:26 PM
We have to sacifrice a goat now.

I think there's an alpaca farm near here. Would one of those work? Could weave some comfy socks out of the bugger too.

hobot
09-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Ask JT/Anonymous Guest.

Just saw your inquiry to Dawg from 08.26...so no total deletion of a post is possible?

doghouse
09-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Just saw your inquiry to Dawg from 08.26...so no total deletion of a post is possible?

Apparently not. Bloooows....

ludeen
09-02-2010, 04:33 PM
So is posting your real name like an inverted outing?
L.

hobot
09-02-2010, 04:35 PM

Ghey feature, reminds me of a current ex that just won't go away for another 4+ years
(unless she marries or cohabitates).

bowline
09-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Should probably find a place for this over here;

barleymalt, on 02 September 2010 - 10:43 AM, said:
Woody

You are not clever, you are not witty, and I really find your wandering word drool childish and absolutely idiotic. Whatever point you arrive at after excruciating detours through inanity and obfuscation is rarely decipherable and even in the rare instance when you exhibit an iota of lucidty almost worthless. Your Salvador Dali meets Timothy Leary Haiku writing style is jarringly annoying, space eating, and utterly pointless. You wouldn't know the "answer" if it someone managed to lodge inside one of the few brain cells you still have functioning.

Shife is a friend of mine, and I take offense at you insinuating he is a piece of shit, especially given the amount of free car advice he gave you over the years.. I hope a pack of raccoons infests your every orifice and shoves the biggest lens you have up your ignorant drooling ass and turns you into a rectal photo montage of your minuscule brain. I have seen parking lot puddles that are deeper than you, and soap dishes with more intellectual ability. You make Bull Gator look like Albert Einstein. I sincerely hope that you meet up with some Tijuana transvestite hooker and wake up in an alley with some organs missing, pants around your ankles, and a condom hanging out of your ass.

/rant off

doghouse
09-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Ghey feature, reminds me of a current ex that just won't go away for another 4+ years
(unless she marries or cohabitates).

I was thinking more like herpes, but yeah, that works too.

Shife
09-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I have seen parking lot puddles that are deeper than you...Holy Jebus that's funny.

doghouse
09-02-2010, 04:47 PM
He never took responsibility for his actions before, so no, I don't think he has the stones to call me.

Just got a call from the author of the email to the advertiser. His SA account has been suspended too. I guess Scot and Clean figure that since they've fucked all their business opportunities in the Detroit sailing scene that they might as well ban all the folks here that are tired of their crap.

No worries SA'ers. Speak your mind, get banned, and join the party over here.

How do you tell if someone is banned? I looked up some guys I know are on time out, and don't see anything in their profiles.

hobot
09-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I was thinking more like herpes, but yeah, that works too.

Thanks for that little nugget,,,it'll always be first in my mind now at the end of the month when I write the check.

war dog
09-02-2010, 04:51 PM
This earned me a nasty PM from Clean but no ban …….YET!!

Please, Please, Please no Clean at Big Boat!!! A lot of people who I know and have sailed with and against for many years know that I frequent SA and I really do not want Clean with his douche bag attitude reflecting on me. In my opinion Clean has taken what once was a great place to come and share sailing stories/information and at times good natured barbs and has turned it into an embarrassment. Clean if you are reading this PLEASE DO NOT COME TO BBS!!!!!!!

bowline
09-02-2010, 04:53 PM

Probably advice from their (real) attorney a result of the lawsuit.

This is probably another recommendation from their (real) attorney - blockhead can't seriously make this statement and expect anyone to believe him (bold mine). He characterizes SA as a nice, polite friendly and informative site, when it is a living shitstorm half the time;

View PostMR.CLEAN, on 31 August 2010 - 11:38 AM, said:
It doesn't matter what you think is worthy of flicking. Scot is rightfully tired of the lies and unprovoked attacks people are making on his website, and as he has done every couple of years, he's thinning the herd for those who've been crossing the line for far too long. This site has always been about a community of sailors sharing information, stories, and good natured (for the most part) insults. It is not a place to share lies or vicious attacks.

Shife
09-02-2010, 04:59 PM
How do you tell if someone is banned? I looked up some guys I know are on time out, and don't see anything in their profiles.

It only shows banned if they actually ban the user. For both myself and the email author, our accounts are just suspended.

bowline
09-02-2010, 05:06 PM
This earned me a nasty PM from Clean but no ban …….YET!!

Please, Please, Please no Clean at Big Boat!!! A lot of people who I know and have sailed with and against for many years know that I frequent SA and I really do not want Clean with his douche bag attitude reflecting on me. In my opinion Clean has taken what once was a great place to come and share sailing stories/information and at times good natured barbs and has turned it into an embarrassment. Clean if you are reading this PLEASE DO NOT COME TO BBS!!!!!!!

So what did blockhead say in the PM, be nice or I'll show up ?

EVK4
09-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Yours is apparently VERY suspended. What was the date? 2038 or something? Sheesh.

It only shows banned if they actually ban the user. For both myself and the email author, our accounts are just suspended.

mjr
09-02-2010, 05:35 PM
re sa-- the thing that little scot and mr douche dont seem to realize is what they have going over there isnt so fucking special that people will put up their shit.
...i think the realities of the consequences of little scot's 3rd grade behavior are starting to set in for him. and does anyone doubt that clean will get the ax if things get really tight for little scot, and he decides to stop funding the clean/mer media empire/lifestyle? ed is clearly uber paranoid about losing ad revenue already

ps-- props to whoever created this site, pb?, i would be willing to throw a little cheese in the hat to help you guys buy server space or whatever, just give me a shout.

Shife
09-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Yours is apparently VERY suspended. What was the date? 2038 or something? Sheesh.

Ya. Scooter really did not like that info out in the open. The guy who complained to the advertisers got something like 6 months. I got a few decades for making it public.

Kris O
09-02-2010, 05:49 PM
They haven't moved my cheese enough to do some real damage to them but if they did, I could easily find out which ad network is now feeding them the national ads they have started getting. Let a few media buyers know about the content on the site and that their advertisers might object...and POOF....I sincerely doubt Coca Cola, Comcast etc. know that their ads are featured on a site that pushes the limit on taste when it comes to pictures of females and conversation in general....

bowline
09-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Incoming -

MR.CLEAN
* Group: Reporters

Posted Today, 06:05 PM

View PostKTB, on 02 September 2010 - 05:32 PM, said:
It's official. The individual whom Scot attacked personally by contacting his employer because he exercised his First Amendment rights, has been flicked.

Too bad the assholes running this site don't understand that being flicked is quickly becoming a badge of honor for everyone who believes that this site is nothing more than a slow moving train wreck, completely devoid of integrity, journalistic or otherwise. I really feel bad for Dawg. I have to believe that he didn't imagine that his hard work would be bastardized by a couple of jackasses who freak out when they don't get their way.

I can't wait until I get flicked. I'm sure that'll happen as soon as Scooter and Clean are done giving each other dutch rudders.

Enjoy your badge.

smackdaddy
09-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Good lord, I've joined another damn sailing forum. I seriously need therapy.

Kyle Burleson
09-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Incoming -

MR.CLEAN

It's official. The individual whom Scot attacked personally by contacting his employer because he exercised his First Amendment rights, has been flicked.

Too bad the assholes running this site don't understand that being flicked is quickly becoming a badge of honor for everyone who believes that this site is nothing more than a slow moving train wreck, completely devoid of integrity, journalistic or otherwise. I really feel bad for Dawg. I have to believe that he didn't imagine that his hard work would be bastardized by a couple of jackasses who freak out when they don't get their way.

I can't wait until I get flicked. I'm sure that'll happen as soon as Scooter and Clean are done giving each other dutch rudders.

Enjoy your badge.

Haven't been flicked yet. Happy to be here at Pressure Drop

NautiGirl
09-02-2010, 08:06 PM
KB, you're not implying that the "Enjoy your badge" was simply more machismo posturing, are you????

Wonder how long until what we say here is grounds for getting us flicked over there?

Kris O
09-02-2010, 08:18 PM
as long as Sled Girl, akaGP and Migetto stay away....

smackdaddy
09-02-2010, 08:21 PM
It is kind of warm and fuzzy seeing everyone throw down their real names over here.

BTW - well played on the flame-out KTB. The dutch-rudder angle was a classic.

EVK4
09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
They haven't moved my cheese enough to do some real damage to them

what does this mean, "moved my cheese"? I mean, contextually I can figure it out but would you actually say that out loud? Like in a conversation? Just curious.

Nick Salvador
09-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Google it Mr. Writer Man. ;-) It's the title of a book.

Shife
09-02-2010, 08:33 PM
what does this mean, "moved my cheese"? I mean, contextually I can figure it out but would you actually say that out loud? Like in a conversation? Just curious.

From the book Who Moved My Cheese

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Moved_My_Cheese%3F

Bob Dole
09-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Bob Dole thinks that the purges suck.

hard aground
09-02-2010, 08:42 PM

It's on Lake Ontario somewhere too. Had the owner send me some more info and pics as I was somewhat interested, but being on Lake Erie it was a bit of a commute for any OD.

hard aground
09-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Anybody going to send an inviation to LR. I'd love to get a little synopsis from him on the demise of SA.

and one in Russian from Solo too.

RtWL
09-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Oh, Oh......... he found us......from his profile...

0 Friends
DA-WOODY has not made any friends yet

Can we keep it that way?

smackdaddy
09-02-2010, 08:51 PM
It will take him 2 weeks to build his sig. Let's enjoy the quiet while we can.

Plan 9
09-02-2010, 08:58 PM
It is kind of warm and fuzzy seeing everyone throw down their real names over here.

BTW - well played on the flame-out KTB. The dutch-rudder angle was a classic.

I didn't like my old name anyway, (vouz etes ici) but am looking forward to getting to know a whole new set of blow hards...

alaskan firedragon
09-02-2010, 08:59 PM
well...the guy who complained to SA's advertisers and had Scot cry to his employer is now a member of PD!!!

Fluffy
09-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Can I suggest a forum dedicated to "news from elsewhere?"

If enough former SAers make their way over here there will no doubt be a lot to be said. It would be nice to keep it sperate from the legit threads.

Kind of like come here when you want to talk sailing and go there when you are drunk and want to blow of some steam.

Bob Hughes
09-02-2010, 09:22 PM
.....it must be hard being short

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=134815&nid=118201

Hey, easy there! I'm Shorty. Or was that Spartacus? Nah, it's Shorty....

foreguy
09-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Incoming -

MR.CLEAN

Enjoy your badge.

Dutch Rudders?

Do tell!

Donut Town
09-02-2010, 09:51 PM
GUFFAW!!!! nice to see you SDaddy

Fluffy
09-02-2010, 09:53 PM
SA has always been a dictatorship run by Scot, and his guidance has helped it to become the most active sailing community in history. Mostly he's hands off, but sometimes he gets dirty.

I just do his bidding like any good employee.

Here is the most honest thing Clean has ever said.

I take that back, said recently.

aA
09-02-2010, 10:14 PM
It's on Lake Ontario somewhere too. Had the owner send me some more info and pics as I was somewhat interested, but being on Lake Erie it was a bit of a commute for any OD.

od moore racing in the gl? do tell

oneguyfromdetroit
09-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey KO, nice to see you!

mjr
09-02-2010, 10:58 PM
"mostly he's hands off"

um, no, not so much

bowline
09-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Dutch Rudders?

Do tell!

I'll let you google that one on the urban dictionary -

Ballard Sailor
09-02-2010, 11:56 PM
good info. does it have a front window like a 27?

Yeah, he added a little front window, cubbies in the cockpit and top side access hatches into the Lazerette, one each side of the tiller. He sailed this boat with his girlfriend to South America for 3 months, he's not with that girl any longer... Boat recently sold to someone in Toronto who took it home (all they way across the country), wife didn't like it and now he is selling it at a loss.

Ballard Sailor
09-03-2010, 12:38 AM
I'm so glad I'm learning to Crawl now. Must be the Akavit.

hobot
09-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Wonder why BG does'nt show up on on anyones "please don't come here" list.

disturbing that one is.

hobot
09-03-2010, 03:20 AM
I just read Wardogs posting in the BBS thread about the SA shirt and realized I actually own a Anarchy shirt w/the clown on the back flippin the bird!

How disturbing.

Save it or burn it?