PDA

View Full Version : SA Getting Sued by Dan Meyers

bowline
08-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Eventually everything comes home to roost, and it looks like the rooster has taken a big dump on Alan Block, Scott Tempesta and SA with a libel/slander law suit, courtesy of Dan Meyers - Ernesto's friend.

In the case of Block hiding behind his press badge, that is when he has one and is not threatening to sue the USCG, he spreads criticism widely within the small sailing community for anything that doesn't suit his personal interests, which can be pretty narrow.

We'll see what comes of this - hopefully "the herd will get thinned", as Scott likes to say.

Stay tuned.

Big Brass Balls
08-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Already the offers of pro bono work are coming in from Anarchist attorneys, and if we are to stay in business while we fight this hungry multimillionaire (in our opinion), our legal team will need all the help it can get. So please send them an email if you can contribute legal expertise to our defense, or if you know anything about Dan Meyers' history, character, or business affairs that might help us defend ourselves against his immense wealth. And thanks for sticking with us. (in our opinion).

Classy

bowline
08-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Already the offers of pro bono work are coming in from Anarchist attorneys, and if we are to stay in business while we fight this hungry multimillionaire (in our opinion), our legal team will need all the help it can get. So please send them an email if you can contribute legal expertise to our defense, or if you know anything about Dan Meyers' history, character, or business affairs that might help us defend ourselves against his immense wealth. And thanks for sticking with us. (in our opinion).

Classy

For as much as Clean leverages the greater public to enhance SA's success, he gets an "F" in terms of listening to the readers requests and interests. It's a one way street with him, unless he needs something.

He needs a good solid bitch slapping to induce a little humility - maybe this is it.

Personally, I'm tired of his bullshit, lies and drama tactics. He needs to be thrown to the sharks, who will eat him alive. Outside of SA, he has many more enemies than allies - most of which who have kept silent.

foreguy
08-18-2010, 08:42 PM
http://www.pressure-drop.us/forums/showthread.php?553-News-from-elsewhere

We already had this going, maybe they can get melded together. Who's got some sticky-back tape?

Too much drama and self-aggrandizement.

Nuff said.

Antony
01-10-2013, 07:23 AM
No one likes to see anyone have to go to court. and this one is going to hurt. Then again, poke a bear with a stick and you might get mauled...

4th Appellate District Division 1

Court data last updated: 01/10/2013 07:05 AM

Case Summary Docket Briefs Scheduled Actions
Disposition Parties and Attorneys Trial Court
Disposition

Meyers v. Tempesta et al.
Case Number D060825

Description: Affirmed in full
Date: 01/09/2013
Order affirmed. Appellants to pay respondent's costs on appeal.
Publication Status: Signed Unpublished
Author: Haller, Judith L.
Participants: Huffman, Richard D. (Concur)
McConnell, Judith D. (Concur)
Case Citation: none

Click here to request automatic e-mail notifications about this case.

BobJ
01-10-2013, 08:09 AM
I have little interest in this but I think that was the appeal of the SLAPP motion. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_lawsuit_against_public_participation) Read the first couple of sentences in the link - sounds like this outcome is pretty normal/expected. I don't think the big enchilada has come to trial yet.

Is your boat still parked over at BMC?

IOR Geezer
01-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Have not followed the soap opera much, what is the general consensus on the ruling? Is Dan Meyers winning?

What will he get if he wins?

BobJ
01-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Is Dan Meyers winning?

Da Woody says no, but . . . (http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=143533)

Tom Mc
01-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Da Woody says no, but . . . (http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=143533)

Don't you mean Duh Woody?

amb
01-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Have not followed the soap opera much, what is the general consensus on the ruling? Is Dan Meyers winning?

Meyers is prevailing in the legal proceedings so far. I can't see anybody involved in this mess I'd call a winner, though.

The register of actions (from the SD court's web site) has a bunch of actions in the main civil proceeding up through 1/10/2012 (a little over a year ago), when they canceled the trial scheduled for 2/17/2012. I am assuming that that was so that they could take a side trip to the appeals court for the (denied) appeal of the denial of the SLAPP motion. I'm assuming that now that that's done they'll get back to business, but I could be misunderstanding the process.

Dave T
04-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Since leaving the SA fold and wandering through the Internet gutters and not wishing ill will on anyone. After all anyone who knows me knows I do not hold grudges not ill will but I will not forget......bla bla bla..........

I had to look and see what was going on. I saw on SA that Scot has all sorts of new swag to sell. I won't be waiting to find a box with my size of each item on my my porch soon.
So I punched up the SD Superior COurt and found that the recent Judgement on:
03/13/13
Remittitur (Judgment of 9-9-11 is affirmed) filed by The Superior Court of San Diego.

which says:
09/09/2011
Minutes finalized for SLAPP / SLAPPback Motion Hearing heard 09/09/2011 01:30:00 PM.

I am guessing that this goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

God Bless the American Legal System.
It is designed to keep people (attorneys) employed for doing absolutely nothing except bill other people (you and me).

What a total pile of SHIT.

Shife
05-17-2013, 06:38 PM
I see they still have egos the size of Texas. Some things never change.

hobot
05-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Dawg got burned big time.....don't think Karma will catch up soon enough.

Snaggletooth
06-09-2013, 11:43 AM

Agrede, that ist shaime of it alle.

Kris O
06-24-2013, 04:29 PM
anyone read the minutes uploaded 6/19? wondering what was said but not enough to pay $7.50

F18 5150
06-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Now SA is begging for money to help in the legal defense. This is funny.

Taken from the Front Page of Sailing Anarchy

"Sailing Anarchy is fighting for its life

We Need Your Help

For 13 years, we’ve helped to bring you the most entertaining sailing content on the internet. Between our network of contributors, thousands of active SA Forum community members, and hundreds of companies that have supported us over the years, we’ve been able to break more stories, feature more exciting parts of sailing, and contribute to more teams and sailing charities than any other publication.

We’ve seen amazing developments in our sport since the birth of Sailing Anarchy in 1999. Boats keep getting more exciting, while racing has seen an important evolution to smaller, less complicated boats. The top of the sport is closer to Formula 1 than ever before, the magic of monster multihulls and round-the-world racing has reached further than ever before; even the Olympics are finally climbing out of the 20th century.

But there are still a few folks out there that think yachting should be the exclusive and private domain of theirs and a couple of their pals, and one of them – a close friend of Ernesto Bertarelli through the America’s Cup 33 debacle – decided to make it his personal goal to bankrupt us for speaking our mind. He’s Dan Meyers, and you can read a good summary of what’s happened here, and what kind of guy Dan is here.

We believe we’re 100% in the right, and we are confident that we will prove it beyond any doubt. We also believe we’ll prove that we’re not the first website nor will we be the last that Dan Meyers has bullied or intimidated with the threat of piles of money and firms full of nasty lawyers. Most do not have the resources or the will to go the distance, and that’s exactly what Dan Meyers is counting on in this case.

Read the rest of the story here, and at the end of the article, please click on the donate button. We can’t win without you."

Surf City Racing
06-26-2013, 09:22 AM
A little internet search, Kris will yield some very interesting news on the topic. The bottom line is that one can't disrespect people, venues, races, and syndicates for years and expect it to all work out. Karma will eventually catch up.

(EDIT) See 5150's post.

BobJ
06-26-2013, 09:23 AM
PB better buy some more bandwidth.

Alan H
06-26-2013, 11:49 AM
The thing is, if you participate in that, you're not donating to "save our website"...you're donating to a legal fund to save two guys asses -.

SO not interested.

I hope PD doesn't ever turn into the sewer that SA has been for years.

buster_hymen
06-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Humble Pie, table of 2.

Built to List
06-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Maybe they should hit up Cayard

The Flash
06-26-2013, 09:15 PM
wasted many an hour at that place. Can't see kicking in to help save it though.

BobJ
06-26-2013, 09:44 PM
Many more hours will be wasted on those forums but probably under a different banner. There's a long list of good folks who would come back, and 10+ years of experience will guide what works and what doesn't.

foreguy
06-26-2013, 10:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

Ballard Sailor
06-28-2013, 09:17 AM
FYI, I don't disagree with anything anyone is saying about Scott and Alan but do know that years ago they would send me a check, a few hundred bucks a year, to help offset the costs of printing and mailing the PNW Moore Newsletter. I'm guessing they did this for other people too. Long time ago, and the place has obviously changed since then into an interesting shitfight on the front page, but there was a time they were more altruistic - I know it is hard to believe.

It would be cool to see PD get to that level that they could start giving back to the sailing community like that, but it would need much much more traffic to make that happen.

No, I'm not giving them money for the stupid things they have said.

Photoboy
06-28-2013, 10:27 AM
PD gives back on a daily basis by getting off their asses and going out and covering events...on their own dime...

When Alan signed on to SA as Scots partner, he approached me and told me if I want to get paid for doing reports or providing
photos (exclusive mind you) I would have to approach the regatta directors and have them pay Scot to cover the event. Scot would then give me
a portion of the proceeds. If regatta persons were unwilling to pay, there would be no coverage and I would get nothing. All the while, print publications
were getting agitated that SA got photos "for free" but they had to pay... you see where this was going...

Pressure Drop roots began in 1994-1995 when I and another windsurfer at the time, melded the idea of a windsurfing/sailing e-zine with a forum. As JR was
a musician, it was his suggestion on the name, which has many layers or meaning. Long story, but as excited as we both were, we both had our 1st children
in 1995, and the free time we had, quickly evaporated...and the dream died...Or took a powder...

A year or so later, in the backwash of the internets, I found this obscure site called Sailing Anarchy. It was cool cause I could post my own photos there. After a while,
Scot agreed to provide a banner in exchange for the photos I was providing. Nobody else would send him anything at the time, so it kinda worked.

When SA grew, Scot changed his mind and removed my banner, initially saying it was temporary. It wasn't.

When I called him on it, he flicked me... after user protested, he reinstate me.... He would still use my work when posted on there, but crop the off the images.

When things finally came together and we were able to get this site off the ground in April 2010, Scot got wind of it and sent two demeaning nastygrams.

One said "you made your bed, now lay in it" the 2nd one said "no one cares what you say"

The premise of this site and its original roots preceded SA by a long, long time. We passed the 1000 (real, not bot) member mark about a month ago, which I believe is about how long
SA took. Numbers have continued to grow over time, slowly but surely. And I really appreciate it when people I have never met tell how much they like the site. If you like it,
recommend it to a friend or two, if you know an up can coming potential advertiser who cant afford the $$$ of other mediums, even better...Someday might even get out of the red!

familysailor
06-28-2013, 11:00 AM
I remember the "second rate hack" (or something) shit fight over there. I think that may have predated Clean arriving to make everything even worse. Haven't ever met either of them. Never want to.
The "Promises Kept" insurance fraud slander decided it for me as far as Clean was concerned. Scot was tolerable as long as he stayed out of the forums, and kept his front page attacks generic.

Silly me, when I first encountered their brand of reporting I thing was a spoof. Then I realized.....

BobJ
06-28-2013, 11:36 AM
I wish we could get the posting activity increased here. Hopefully sailing-related.

Photoboy
06-28-2013, 12:02 PM
I remember the "second rate hack" (or something) shit fight over there. I think that may have predated Clean arriving to make everything even worse. Haven't ever met either of them. Never want to.
The "Promises Kept" insurance fraud slander decided it for me as far as Clean was concerned. Scot was tolerable as long as he stayed out of the forums, and kept his front page attacks generic.

Silly me, when I first encountered their brand of reporting I thing was a spoof. Then I realized.....

Alan showed up a year or two after I did, and actually came out to the west coast and did some lame ass interview at the SCYC before heading to OZ and NZ on a honeymoon or something.

That was the 1st edition of a myriad of interviews with his big old mug centered in them, which later translated to him going to San Diego and convincing Scot of the new improved way of covering
races "live"....It was after that that he assumed role as "Supreme Editor" and started telling race directors world wide how things would be done from now on, and if you were not on board, you would get
slagged on the "Front Page of the World Famous Sailing Anarchy"....It was about then that things began their downhill spiral.....

It was embarrassing even from a distance, and frankly got tired of apologizing about the antics and any association with them, no matter how remote...

Runs_with_sissors
06-28-2013, 01:15 PM
When Alan signed on to SA as Scots partner, he approached me and told me if I want to get paid for doing reports or providing
photos (exclusive mind you) I would have to approach the regatta directors and have them pay Scot to cover the event. Scot would then give me
a portion of the proceeds. If regatta persons were unwilling to pay, there would be no coverage and I would get nothing. All the while, print publications
were getting agitated that SA got photos "for free" but they had to pay... you see where this was going...

Can't imagine why regatta pro's didn't jump at the opportunity?

rolflmao

Surf City Racing
06-28-2013, 02:28 PM
It was embarrassing even from a distance, and frankly got tired of apologizing about the antics and any association with them, no matter how remote...

I bet a ton of people have similar stories!

I'm a firm believer in Karma, and though I'm a staunch supporter of our first amendment right to free speech, I think that Mr. Meyers is throwing down a little karmic retribution on behalf of tons of people that have been utterly disrespected over the years. It's a bummer that it had to come down to this extreme, but with the egos involved I don't see any other way.

Kris O
06-28-2013, 02:46 PM
I pretty much signed off permanently after the Key West incident. It had been building for me and that was the last straw for me, although I think I made a couple posts since then mostly around MainsheetGirl and Evo. Met lots of good people on the site and connected with them at regatta's. I wont miss the site. Stupid articles and attitudes aside...the nasty PM's laced with profanity and personal attacks over a simple difference of opinion resulted in all loss of respect by me.

3D
06-28-2013, 03:20 PM
I guess that, like the Fresno Yacht Club, Mr. Meyers just doesn't know who he is dealing with. ;-)

-3D

Buzz Light Beer
06-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Now SA is begging for money to help in the legal defense. This is funny.

Taken from the Front Page of Sailing Anarchy

"Sailing Anarchy is fighting for its life

We Need Your Help

For 13 years, we’ve helped to bring you the most entertaining sailing content on the internet. Between our network of contributors, thousands of active SA Forum community members, and hundreds of companies that have supported us over the years, we’ve been able to break more stories, feature more exciting parts of sailing, and contribute to more teams and sailing charities than any other publication.

We’ve seen amazing developments in our sport since the birth of Sailing Anarchy in 1999. Boats keep getting more exciting, while racing has seen an important evolution to smaller, less complicated boats. The top of the sport is closer to Formula 1 than ever before, the magic of monster multihulls and round-the-world racing has reached further than ever before; even the Olympics are finally climbing out of the 20th century.

But there are still a few folks out there that think yachting should be the exclusive and private domain of theirs and a couple of their pals, and one of them – a close friend of Ernesto Bertarelli through the America’s Cup 33 debacle – decided to make it his personal goal to bankrupt us for speaking our mind. He’s Dan Meyers, and you can read a good summary of what’s happened here, and what kind of guy Dan is here.

We believe we’re 100% in the right, and we are confident that we will prove it beyond any doubt. We also believe we’ll prove that we’re not the first website nor will we be the last that Dan Meyers has bullied or intimidated with the threat of piles of money and firms full of nasty lawyers. Most do not have the resources or the will to go the distance, and that’s exactly what Dan Meyers is counting on in this case.

Read the rest of the story here, and at the end of the article, please click on the donate button. We can’t win without you."

I thought the bald ego was one of those nasty lawyers?

familysailor
06-28-2013, 05:41 PM
He gives lawyers a bad name.

Shife
06-28-2013, 05:55 PM
I almost feel bad for Al. Almost. I no longer harbor any grudge and what's done is done. I once considered him a good friend and remember his wedding well. Well... right up until I planted my face in a concrete pot with a tree in it. I have seen him once or twice since he returned to the area and I haven't said a word. I have not exercised my right to have him removed from the Club when I'm there, partly because I feel he still deserves the glares and bad looks he gets while he's on the grounds. Others do occasionally have him removed. There is still a great deal of bitterness surrounding his behavior a few years ago. He could have avoided all of that mess and his ego simply wouldn't allow it. He still has a few friends in the area. Mostly people who get positive exposure from him. He often tries to claim that it's the blue blood establishment who dislikes him. I can tell you that while the blue blood establishment most certainly does dislike him, the most vocal opposition to him around here has been from people in my age bracket. The same people who used to hang out and party with him.

My opinion of Al changed when he became more interested in creating the story than writing about a story. As my focus shifted away from the party and more onto the racing, his shifted more towards covering the party or creating mayhem. The racing just became background for him. I realize there is a market for his brand of journalism, but it's not me. I HATE racing with people who are there just to get a ride to the party. I HATE racing with the stereotypical asshat who has raced for 30 years and is still on year one because he thinks the party = racing. I HATE racing with people who take shortcuts or ditch their ethics because "that's what it takes to win." I'm not his target market. I don't even consider him an acquaintance anymore. We went two separate and very different paths. I do not wish him "doom and unmitigated failure", but I also do not wish to see him continue the Jerry Springer bullshit and continue to make the sport look like a complete joke. I don't think his ego will allow him to see how his actions make the sport look. His narcissism forces him to believe that he's actually doing something good.

SA had potential to be something groundbreaking and for a short time is was. That time has passed and what remains is a foul mess.

As for Scot.. I met him once. Seemed like a nice enough guy in person. It's funny how some people can publicly make an ass of themselves in a very visible way and never realize they are behaving like a child. Some of us grow up and some don't I guess. I'm fairly certain my ban there will outlive the website. I'm just fine with that. A lot of the forum members that made the place a wealth of knowledge and information are gone. There is little left there for me. This may be somewhat selfish, but anything I might need to learn or any item I might need to acquire I can get from people I now know. I no longer need SA. The people who have filled in the void there don't really interest me. I'm not sure what that says about me. I'm pretty okay with that these days though. I don't need to be that guy.

Enough blathering. I've got a nursery to paint.

Christian
06-28-2013, 06:05 PM
I almost feel bad for Al. Almost. I no longer harbor any grudge and what's done is done. I once considered him a good friend and remember his wedding well. Well... right up until I planted my face in a concrete pot with a tree in it. I have seen him once or twice since he returned to the area and I haven't said a word. I have not exercised my right to have him removed from the Club when I'm there, partly because I feel he still deserves the glares and bad looks he gets while he's on the grounds. Others do occasionally have him removed. There is still a great deal of bitterness surrounding his behavior a few years ago. He could have avoided all of that mess and his ego simply wouldn't allow it. He still has a few friends in the area. Mostly people who get positive exposure from him. He often tries to claim that it's the blue blood establishment who dislikes him. I can tell you that while the blue blood establishment most certainly does dislike him, the most vocal opposition to him around here has been from people in my age bracket. The same people who used to hang out and party with him.

My opinion of Al changed when he became more interested in creating the story than writing about a story. As my focus shifted away from the party and more onto the racing, his shifted more towards covering the party or creating mayhem. The racing just became background for him. I realize there is a market for his brand of journalism, but it's not me. I HATE racing with people who are there just to get a ride to the party. I HATE racing with the stereotypical asshat who has raced for 30 years and is still on year one because he thinks the party = racing. I HATE racing with people who take shortcuts or ditch their ethics because "that's what it takes to win." I'm not his target market. I don't even consider him an acquaintance anymore. We went two separate and very different paths. I do not wish him "doom and unmitigated failure", but I also do not wish to see him continue the Jerry Springer bullshit and continue to make the sport look like a complete joke. I don't think his ego will allow him to see how his actions make the sport look. His narcissism forces him to believe that he's actually doing something good.

SA had potential to be something groundbreaking and for a short time is was. That time has passed and what remains is a foul mess.

As for Scot.. I met him once. Seemed like a nice enough guy in person. It's funny how some people can publicly make an ass of themselves in a very visible way and never realize they are behaving like a child. Some of us grow up and some don't I guess. I'm fairly certain my ban there will outlive the website. I'm just fine with that. A lot of the forum members that made the place a wealth of knowledge and information are gone. There is little left there for me. This may be somewhat selfish, but anything I might need to learn or any item I might need to acquire I can get from people I now know. I no longer need SA. The people who have filled in the void there don't really interest me. I'm not sure what that says about me. I'm pretty okay with that these days though. I don't need to be that guy.

Congrats kiddo!

CyberBOB
06-28-2013, 08:18 PM

Thanks Shife.

I always enjoyed your posts on SA, and always wondered what happened.

hobot
06-29-2013, 02:10 AM
Shife, good to know you're still around. I've always enjoyed your posts (Heatwave thread was some funny shi*te!) And the automotive help you've extended is sorely missed.

Foghorn
07-01-2013, 07:05 PM

Whats the scoop on that?

Tagglesnothe
07-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Notte faire bee the oine

hobot
07-02-2013, 01:28 AM
Whut? I just checked Google translator and there's no Tagglesnothe function yet.

Sloansailing
07-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Deserve what they get with the stories/bashing they write.

Pseudo_Wop
07-02-2013, 09:28 AM
I pretty much signed off permanently after the Key West incident. It had been building for me and that was the last straw for me, although I think I made a couple posts since then mostly around MainsheetGirl and Evo. Met lots of good people on the site and connected with them at regatta's. I wont miss the site. Stupid articles and attitudes aside...the nasty PM's laced with profanity and personal attacks over a simple difference of opinion resulted in all loss of respect by me.

Kris - I agree. Good meet you as a byproduct of SA. Hey, let's go sailing!

But the juvenile shenanigans just made it so toxic, especially recently. The forums were all it had, and they were good, but they managed to flush the baby with the bathwater.

Cheers, J

Foghorn
07-02-2013, 02:25 PM
So what happened with Dawg?

BobJ
07-02-2013, 02:58 PM
See the "It is official, I have been banned" thread, four lines down on this very board. DaveT = Dawg.

White Wing
07-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Registered here today - SA is too toxic and not enough fun.

WWing

Buzz Light Beer
07-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Welcome! Did you bring cookies?

BobJ
07-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Welcome! Where do you sail and on what kind of boat?

Shife
07-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Cookies? I didn't get any damn cookies. "Don't you know who I am?!"

White Wing
07-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Cookies? I didn't get any damn cookies. "Don't you know who I am?!"

Awesome! I missed you Shife -

WWing

White Wing
07-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Sorry no cookies! I guess I need to figure out where to edit my profile --- Seattle/PNW is home, but I sail a bunch in other areas - San Diego Etchells, Miami Melges 20 (sold mine though, so haven't been there in a couple years)...sail some in the Med with a great friend. Here's our boat:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1047925_10201420371612185_764333537_o.jpg

1987 built in NZ by Lidgard to a Tim Barnett design...I'm the third owner.

WWing

BobJ
07-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Nice boat! Here's a Barnett 41 that recently returned to the local scene after a major, multi-year refit - beautiful boats:

Shoofly (http://www.yachtsoffered.com/listing.php?yacht_id=42)

White Wing
07-02-2013, 07:53 PM
I know the boat pretty well --- looked very seriously at her in about 2000 when she was Solitaire (ex-Shoofly). I've heard the refit was nicely done - I like the blue hull color. I'm pretty sure she was white when I sailed her out of Alameda. Sailed like a dream!

WWing

Foghorn
07-02-2013, 07:54 PM
See the "It is official, I have been banned" thread, four lines down on this very board. DaveT = Dawg.

Thanks.

BIAM
07-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Just signed up over here.

SA has just turned into a trash hole. Not a fan of DM, but he sure is giving those clowns a wake-up call.

BobJ
07-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Welcome BIAM. Is it still "Bush-Is-A-Moron" or is it now "Barack-Is-A-Moron?" Purely a rhetorical question - this is a sailing board.

What do you sail and where?

White Wing
07-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Maybe both.....pretty tough to point to true leadership under either of these, um, gentlemen.

WWing

pmw
07-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Time to jump. Hoping the good of SA will move here and the toxic side will just fade away to oblivion.

kristjan
07-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Same as above - this seem to be more cheerful/respectful/rational place.

Alan H
07-03-2013, 07:15 PM
One thing that will help is if everybody writes as if they were actually sitting across a small table from the other person writing on the forum. A number of people have written that one of the great things about SA was that they "met" some really great people there. The idea that you're truly anonymous in this community is kind of false...it's not that big of a community, people WILL know who you are, in time. If people write like decent folks when they post on this forum, then the atmosphere won't go juvenile and toxic and the place can be a huge success, even as it grows bigger.

Personally I don't have much of an opinion about "Clean" as I've been pretty inactive at SA for a very, very long time and haven't seen much of anything there until some of the recent screwups like "washed up". . However, it was way back during the Anarchy 30 days that I learned more than enough about Scott Tempesta to know that I needed to keep as much distance as possible between his insecurities and my life. I mean, honestly the writing was on the wall all the way back when Scott and Lief Beiley had that juvenile hissing patch over the Bravura 30.

billy backstay
07-04-2013, 05:36 AM
Same as above - this seem to be more cheerful/respectful/rational place.

And Shife and Snags are here. haven't read a post from Shife in a very long time...

Doggy Style
07-04-2013, 08:01 AM
And Shife and Snags are here. haven't read a post from Shife in a very long time...

Is that good or bad?

familysailor
07-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Is that good or bad?
Yes.
Always!

Jack Fate
07-04-2013, 10:13 AM
I can't take the way he sings but I love to hear him talk!

familysailor
07-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Gaak! Which one sings?

Jack Fate
07-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Why Snaggy of course~!

Doggy Style
07-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Is "karma" spelled "D-a-n-M-y-e-r-s"?

billy backstay
07-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Okay.. I just found this place after all the clusterfuck kerfuffle over at Sailing Anarchy.

Is this place the new hangout, without all the nasty sock puppets??

Jack Fate
07-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Well I wouldn't go that far BB. But it tends to be a bit more civil and there are a whole bunch of familiar faces around.

billy backstay
07-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Well I wouldn't go that far BB. But it tends to be a bit more civil and there are a whole bunch of familiar faces around.

I did see that Snaggy and Shife are here. Havent' seen Shife in many moons..

But, how do I not have to post my log-in info every time I check in here?

Sorry, I somewhat tech-challenged, but you won't find a better trimmer this side of the Missippi!

familysailor
07-04-2013, 04:37 PM
do you see the little square box under the log in area that says "remember me"?
That works for me as long as I keep my browser open.

Tom Mc
07-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Whos' chair is this?

bowline
07-04-2013, 07:39 PM
:)

Shife
07-04-2013, 08:36 PM
The vibe here is good. I don't spend much time online these days. Too busy. I do hope this place continues to grow.

hobot
07-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Mike Hunt's chair?

Mad
07-05-2013, 01:43 AM
Nice to see some more ex-anarchists signing up here.

Guitar
07-05-2013, 03:45 AM
WTF? Shife? Thought he got into motorcycles or something. I'm off the SA drug as well. Had it after the Fresno inferno.

billy backstay
07-05-2013, 12:40 PM
do you see the little square box under the log in area that says "remember me"?
That works for me as long as I keep my browser open.

Thanks mate!

familysailor
07-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks mate!

Yer welcome. Confused me at first too.

Komodo
07-08-2013, 03:41 AM
Whos' chair is this?
Scot & Al's editorial love seat?