PDA

View Full Version : Bring the America's Cup to San Francisco Bay

VinceSail
10-03-2010, 09:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3alU8uByeA

San Francisco is home to some of the best sailboat racing in the World, and some of the best sailors too.
With BMW Oracle's victory in the America's Cup, San Francisco has the opportunity to host yachting's most prestige's regatta in 2013.

If we are going to see big fast catamarans on San Francisco Bay in three years, we've all got to pull together and make sure our bid is the best.

I urge the San Francisco Board of Supervisors to support the effort to bring the America's Cup Regatta to the Bay. Vote yes on the affirmation of support that is before you.

Kris O
10-04-2010, 03:22 PM
http://sanfrancisco.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=6

Kris O
10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
DALY totally went off!

PD Staff
10-04-2010, 06:32 PM
What was his beef?

PD Staff
10-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Meeting adjouned, approved with admendments!

Kris O
10-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Item 8 on the agenda....everyone needs to watch daly's comments he was nearly foaming at the mouth

http://sanfrancisco.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=12&clip_id=10843

Single Hander
10-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Coutts Predicts Venue Decision Soon
By kimball | Published: October 3, 2010

Standing on the shores of San Francisco Bay, speaking to a partisan crowd whose hopes he did nothing to dim, BMW Oracle Racing CEO Russell Coutts on Saturday night said that the venue of the 2013 America’s Cup would be announced, “I think this month.”

The city of San Francisco’s proposal for a cup village south of the Bay Bridge goes before the Land Use subcommittee of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors on Monday, with a possibility (small) that it could move to the full Board as soon as Tuesday. Mid-month is more likely, now that the rubber is hitting the road and the first glimmers of opposition are popping up. However, if Supervisor Chris Daly’s opposition is any indication (he originally joined the 11-0 vote in favor), there is plenty of room for reason to prevail. As quoted by John Coté in the San Francisco Chronicle, Daly is opposed “on general principle,” calling the benefits exaggerated.

Since Daly is being termed out of office in November, he doesn’t have to run against the creation of 9,000 jobs, but that bar he says he intends to open in San Francisco just might be the only bar in town shunned by sailors. (For those not cued-up on SF politics, Supervisor Daly has earned a reputation as kinda special.)

And it still hasn’t sunk in with a lot of people that the published-estimated benefits, accurate or not, are for a one-shot deal. If BMW Oracle Racing succeeds in winning the Cup again, the benefits continue to flow.

In 1986-87 I visited Fremantle, Australia, the once run-down port of the greater Perth region, reborn as home to an America’s Cup match. The event was the pride of all Australia, and the new Fremantle was a gem. It remains so to this day, a vital, bustling destination for locals and visitors alike.

In 2000 I visited Auckland, New Zealand, where a wanting stretch of waterfront, anticipating an America’s Cup match, had been reinvented as a showpiece.

In 2005 I visited Valencia, Spain, a city that had been looking for a signature event to capture the attention of the world. The port was blighted, dismaying to behold. By the time of the 2007 America’s Cup match, however, the port had been transformed into a point of pride, justly famed, and it looked darned good as a background for the Formula 1 races that followed.

Coutts was the featured speaker at The San Francisco Yacht Club’s Leukemia Cup Regatta, poised to once again prove the top producer of the many Leukemia Cup Regattas around the country ($655,000 in 2009; more than double number two). Saturday night was auction night, and the guests had of course ponied up considerable bucks to be at the dinner, even before the bidding began. Golden Gate Yacht Club Commodore Marcus Young arrived to find his table favor, a gimballed compass housed in a handsome wood box, and he opened the top and declared, “Cool, now I don’t need my iPhone anymore.”

The Leukemia Cup Regatta, Coutts said, “is about combining the sport we love with support for people we love.” He also had a word for the doomsdayers who declare the America’s Cup dead, its future in fast catamarans devoid of all the features of proper match racing. Those are, in his words, “mainly people who haven’t gone out and experienced match racing in fast multihulls, which we have done extensively.”
The catamaran choice depended upon that experience.

Two very unlucky/lucky young men would be Chris Laub and Campbell Nolan, both just kids, both victims of blood cancer and there is a horror in that too deep to try to talk about here. I don’t have words for it. But they are with us still, in part because cancer research is producing results, funded by efforts including the Leukemia Cup Regatta. On the lucky side of the equation, I do believe I heard Russell Coutts promising them each a ride on an AC 72 catamaran and I guarantee you, that will be the most prized ride in town.

By comparison, 15-year survivor Chris Kostanecki bid $8,500 to join an RC 44 crew for two days of regatta competition with Larry Ellison and Russell Coutts. OK, so he did laugh and say, “Oh s%#* when he realized the bidding was done and he had “won.”

It’s gonna be great, Chris, it’s gonna be great.

http://kimballlivingston.com/?p=4913

Single Hander
10-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Item 8 on the agenda....everyone needs to watch daly's comments he was nearly foaming at the mouth

Wow! Somebody needs a hug!

familysailor
10-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Wow! Somebody needs a hug!

More like an emergency enema and a shipping container full of Ex-Lax..........

IOR Geezer
10-05-2010, 09:46 AM

I am still scratching my head over what Daly's rant was really focused on. It seemed more about the audacity of the rest of the world not seeking his council 1st.

Maybe we should collect a bunch of name suggestions for his new bar. How about " The Wet Blanket" ?

Thanks for the link Kris.

Kris O
10-05-2010, 10:01 AM
The Full board will be reviewing the proposal today....it item 39 on the agenda.....me thinks it may not get reviewed.....

Buzz Light Beer
10-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Maybe we should collect a bunch of name suggestions for his new bar. How about " The Wet Blanket" ?

"The Festering Hemorrhoid" ?

Kris O
10-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Full board of Supes. can be viewed live starting at 2pm on this link.

http://sanfrancisco.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=6

foreguy
10-05-2010, 12:00 PM
"The Daly Douche" ?

"The Wank and Quibble" ?

"Whiners International" ?

PD Staff
10-05-2010, 02:38 PM
SF Supes Vote on America's Cup, Plead to End Sailing's Elitist Image
by poliva

Published on 10-05-2010 05:51 PM Following a tirade and then a parade of sailor comment in a committee hearing yesterday, the full San Francisco Board of Supervisors will take up the resolution endorsing the City's formal term sheet for hosting America's Cup 34 and supporting efforts to bring the AC34 to San Francisco. The hearing starts at 2 p.m., and the Cup is Item 39 today (here are the official documents), so it could take awhile.

Debate and approval in Committee
The resolution was approved in the three-person Land Use and Economic Development Committee yesterday, at which committee members Sophie Maxwell, Eric Mar, and David Chiu were joined by Ross Mirkarimi and Chris Daly. But it didn't proceed without an extended assault from Supervisor Chris Daly, some questions from the Supervisors about sailing's elitist image, and a disclosure from committee chair Supervisor Sophie Maxwell that she had tried sailing lessons at one point due to a boyfriend.

Strong showing by sailing community
Walking up to committee room 263 was like going to the boat show. But with a heck of a lot more marble around. A few more suits and ties, too.

There we were, standing in the hall or sitting in an overflow room, passing around yellow speaker cards to grab a spot to testify. There was Kimball Livingston, StFYC Rear Commodore Peter Stoneberg, a BAADS contingent, Larry White from the SF Marina, and a group from Latitude 38 led by John Arndt, Paul Kaplan of KKMI. The list goes on: South Beach YC (which I represented, together with several members), Treasure Island Sailing Center, Spinnaker Sailing SF, Master Mariners, Corinthian YC. Of course the sailing writers were there too, including Michelle Slade from the Marin IJ.

An hour after the committee began and we were still in the hallway, someone quipped, "well, that's why they call it lobbying."

The America's Cup resolution was Item 8.

Daly opposition
Chris Daly couldn't wait to pounce. Daly represents District 6, which covers the area of the southern waterfront at South Beach and China Basin where the Cup Village would be located. Though he had originally voted in support of hosting the America's Cup, he is now opposed. "I've got a bee in my bonnet," he declared, well into his rant. He was angry that as the elected representative for the so-called home district the City had not consulted with him. (The City says they offered a briefing to him and all Supervisors, he says his staff has no record.)

His core substantive concern was fiscal. He was unclear whether all the costs had fully been considered and disclosed. He tried to raise a procedural concern that the City should produce a budget analyst report with a formal finding of fiscal feasibility and responsibility before approving the term sheet. He was also unclear how the State of California portion of the lend-lease financing would work.

City staff, with the backing of the City attorney, responded that the term sheet was a basis for negotiation and not yet a fully formed project, so it did not yet require full fiscal review. Adding a requirement for that review was one of the amendments approved at the end of the meeting.

The other supervisors pointed out that Daly's concerns were very much his responsibility to raise, but even the patient Maxwell grew impatient as Daly extended his list of detailed concerns and tried to bring his comments to a close. Daly pushed back: "I'm limited to 10 minutes in the Board of Supervisors [full meeting]. This is my only opportunity" to make all these points. In the end, he wasn't able to stay to hear the answers. He had to pick up his kids.

The City presentation
Then the parade began. First the City gave a presentation, led off by the new director of workforce and economic development Jennifer Matz. Then America's Cup project manager Kyri McClellan stepped the committee through the deal, calling a series of witnesses.

Private architect Craig Hartman described the conceptual space plan for the Village, along with pedestrian and public transportation plans for the "greenest Cup ever."

City event coordinator Martha Cohen addressed security logistics including Coast Guard vessel traffic routing ("this is something we can accomplish") and FAA airspace clearances for helicopter operations ("all very doable").

Under extended questions from the supervisors, Port of San Francisco director Monique Moyer explained the property valuation questions and emphasized that there were no other options identified that could pay for rebuilding particularly Piers 30-32 and dealing with Pier 28, or for gaining an ongoing commercial return. Piers "30-32 has a negative value" and after the cruise ship terminal "didn't pencil out" the Port recommends the America's Cup use as the most commercially viable and productive option for the city. As for why the piers are in such poor condition, an exchange between Maxwell and Moyer pointed out that the State of California's inability to keep up the piers had been a key reason they were transferred to local management and why the lend-lease financing is exciting for everyone concerned.

Rec & Park manager Phil Ginsberb was then called up about whether the plan would benefit residents from a recreational perspective. "We are looking to develop waterfront recreation," he said, in one of the clearest public statements yet from the city about sailing among its priorities. He noted how big events make a city special, and how the much-heralded President's Cup golf tournament was a drop in the bucket compared to the America's Cup. He pointed out that the much smaller and shorter President's Cup had an $80 million impact, was carried over 225 television stations worldwide, and stimulated interest in golf and usage of Harding Park by residents. "Things like this have a lasting impact."

Mirkarimi riffed off that subject later in the meeting. He noted that the 1994 World Cup was directly tied to growth of soccer in San Francisco, and how the '94 World Cup's Legacy Tour led to installation of a number of the soccer fields installed today.

Other than the city attorney's office responding to the Daly procedural question, the final official witness was America's Cup Organizing Committee chairman Mark Buell, long a fixture in economic development politics as both a top staffer and as a private developer. He laid out the way corporate contributions will build toward the overall funding package. The proper way to pronounce the abbreviation, by the way, is Ay-See-Oh-See. Not A-Cock. I'm glad we're getting away from calling the event A-Cup, too, though I digress.

A parade of sailors...
Then came the rest of us. A long line of support testimony running until after 5 p.m. Paul Kaplan led off talking about his many hats and then donning one that said JOBS. The rest of us said what you'd think. Waterfront infrastructure, kid access, disabled access, economic impact, excitement, what we get out of sailing.

...and issues with elitism
However, the biggest lesson for the sailors present was the image problem that continues to plague the sport. And though most of the sailors in that room range from earning earning barely six figures to the equivalent of a school teacher, most people can't see a room of predominantly older white men talking about sailing without the adjective "rich" rising to mind.

There was only one citizen voice of strong opposition, a black man speaking about the outmigration of African Americans from the city saying the lack of opportunity America's Cup presented to him made him "apalled, and angry... and broke."

It was a far more uneasy moment when Maxwell, said "Turn around and look at this audience. Clearly this is not as diverse as we would like, and is not representative of San Francisco as a whole."

Several sailors directly responded to the accessibility issue. The testimony from BAADS -- featuring blind sailor Joy Oganeku, wheelchair-bound Cristina Rubke, and long-time volunteer Jeff Breen -- was an important moment. In fact, you may see BAADS represented on the ACOC.

But the supervisors were even more concerned with financial and ethnic accessibility. The excellent testimony by Carissa Harris on the good work of Treasure Island Sailing Center contrasted with her responding that her early involvement in sailing at a yacht club was through privilege and that she wasn't proud of that. In many ways the strongest testimony on the elitist point came from a South Beach resident who pointed out some of our boats cost less than many of the bicycles people ride around the city.

That meant there was a silent cheer when Mar, who was web-surfing the sailing-is-elite issue during the meeting, chimed in that he found gosailingsf.com, specifically launched to help people get access to sailing. That initiative of the John Arndt-led Sailing Renaissance group and Latitude 38 multiplied its value in that moment.

The term sheet will pass the Board of Supervisors today. And it's easy to dismiss political questions about sailing elitism as simply being out of touch. I believe the word "idiots" was used in talking about at the hearing at another sailing website.

But let's not shoot the messenger. The Supervisors are simply representing the vast number of citizens who see sailing as something that excludes them and can take money and attention away from funding things like schools, roads, and parks.

We as a sailing community need to consider well how we reach out to disadvantaged and disaffected Bay Area residents. I think we can agree with Supervisor Maxwell, who said "everyone should have the chance to see the bay from the water." That is a vision that San Francisco's America's Cup plan can advance... but is also something that should concern us whether or not San Francisco wins its AC34 bid.

Other links:
Board of Supervisors agenda
Link to SF Government TV Live broadcast (click in and then choose Watch SFGTV from 2 p.m. on today)
Video archive of 10/4/2010 Land Use and Economic Development Committee Meeting

Kris O
10-05-2010, 03:17 PM
my exchange with mr. daly.....

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 10/05/2010 02:34 PM CST
To: Chris Daly
Subject: Your district and the AC

Chris,

I watched your temper tantrum yesterday and can I say I am shocked at your lack of foresight. You complained you weren't consulted about plans. What you should have doing since the Cup was won in February is lobbying anyone who would listen to get the Cup held in your district. Helping anyway you could to make that possible. Had you done that you might have left office with a wonderful record of capital improvements and job creation. Instead you have chosen look ill prepared, unaware and slacking.

Not a record I would want next to my name.

Kris Olszewski

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 2:37 PM
To: Kris
Subject: Re: Your district and the AC

Thanks for your promotion of voodoo economics!

Cheers!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 3:08 PM
To: 'Chris.Daly@sfgov.org'
Subject: RE: Your district and the AC

It's not voodoo economics when it is maintenance that is in dire need of taking place and you have a way of recouping a portion if not all of the cost. The piers are crumbling....what is your revenue generation plan to fix them? A tax increase? There are empty offices and unsold properties throughout the district, do you have a stimulus plan to fill those? I will choose to disagree with you.

Charlie Tuna
10-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Give em hell Kris!

IOR Geezer
10-05-2010, 03:36 PM
http://www.jestparty.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/clapping.gif

Kris O
10-05-2010, 04:09 PM
He is speaking now....

Charlie Tuna
10-05-2010, 04:48 PM
He threatens to bring a " White Squall"

Butthurt punkass wanker

Charlie Tuna
10-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Michela tears him a new one!

PD Staff
10-05-2010, 05:01 PM
It appears order has been restored. Missed Daly's rant.

What was his ire d' jour today?

Charlie Tuna
10-05-2010, 05:13 PM
From what I caught, he started off somewhat rational, then the 10 minute limit was imposed and he went off on a gigantic " they are out to get me"
psychotic rant and vowed to raise holy hell even after his term expires. Maybe Kris saw more?

Kris O
10-05-2010, 05:23 PM
That would be it....He is basically going to oppose this through november unless it can be proven this will be a huge economic windfall to the general fund. I would suggest a huge grass roots petition outreach in district 6 specifically and then other districts Not on the water.

Kris O
10-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Approved 9-2

familysailor
10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Daly and who else against?

Kris O
10-05-2010, 08:01 PM
forgot...I'm sure it will be in the minutes when they are posted along with the replay of the video feed. Speaking of which....does anyone know who manages the website/video feed analytics? I would be interesting to delve into the numbers for the past two days and see what countries, states, cities were watching as compared to the usual feed. Might give a bit of perspective to Daly...but I doubt it. He seems bent on getting his ego massaged and making life difficult for the ac committee.

Does anyone have access to Spanish and Italian newspapers? I would also be interested to hear if there is any smack talk going on.

Photoboy
10-05-2010, 09:13 PM
San Francisco approves America's Cup term sheet
By BERNIE WILSON (AP) – 45 minutes ago

San Francisco's Board of Supervisors voted 9-2 on Tuesday to approve a nonbinding term sheet for hosting the 34th America's Cup in 2013.

The vote — with Chris Daly and John Avalos dissenting — is a significant step in the bid to host sailing's marquee regatta on San Francisco Bay.

San Francisco, home to America's Cup champion BMW Oracle Racing, is the only U.S. city being considered to host the regatta. BMW Oracle Racing, owned by software tycoon Larry Ellison, is evaluating similar offers from Valencia, Spain, and a port outside Rome. The American syndicate will pick the venue by the end of the year, perhaps earlier.

"San Francisco Bay and its natural amphitheater is the best place on Earth to defend the America's Cup and bring millions of new fans to sailing from around the world," Mayor Gavin Newsom said in a statement. "The board today affirmed the city's commitment to be a strong partner to the BMW Oracle Racing team and to the Golden Gate Yacht Club if we are fortunate to be selected as the host city."

San Francisco has pledged to help raise $270 million from corporate sponsors if it is chosen. The money would help defray the costs of staging the regatta.

If San Francisco is chosen, the event authority, which has yet to be formed, would pay $150 million to improve several piers in downtown San Francisco, then use those piers rent-free to stage the regatta. The event authority would receive long-term development rights.

One of the piers would be used to display USA-17, the massive trimaran with a radical 223-foot wing sail that BMW Oracle Racing sailed to a two-race sweep of Alinghi of Switzerland off Valencia in February to bring the oldest trophy in international sports back to the United States for the first time since 1995.

"A 9-2 vote is darn near unanimous in San Francisco," Tony Winnicker, the mayor's director of communications, told The Associated Press.

Daly threatened to use California Environmental Quality Act lawsuits to keep the America's Cup from coming to San Francisco.

"I will bring a white squall to make sure those boats never see the water," Daly said before the vote.

Winnicker said Daly's term ends Jan. 8.

"In terms of CEQA, there is an unprecedented coalition from across the state, including many in the environmental community, united to bring the America's Cup here," Winnicker said. "We'll go through a thorough process. We're confident the support we have will allow us to meet the timeline to host the America's Cup in 2013."

If San Francisco is chosen to host the regatta, it would then negotiate and approve a host city agreement, Winnicker said.

Last week, the San Francisco America's Cup Organizing Committee announced an honorary committee of local, state and national government leaders. Among them are Sen. Dianne Feinstein, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

San Francisco will get strong competition.

Sailing is more popular in Europe than in the United States, and some challenging teams feel their sponsors would get a better return if the regatta was sailed in European waters.

Valencia has the team bases and port improvements in place from hosting the 2007 America's Cup, the most recent traditional, multichallenger regatta. The Spanish port also hosted the 33rd America's Cup in February. That rare one-on-one match was the result of a bitter, 2 1/2-year court fight between BMW Oracle Racing and Alinghi over rules and other issues.

Italy is in the mix because Club Nautico di Roma is the Challenger of Record, which represents the interests of all challengers.

Photoboy
10-05-2010, 09:22 PM
SF Supes Move On AC Bid
By kimball | Published: October 5, 2010
Item 39: Affirmation of Support of San Francisco’s Bid for the 34th America’s Cup and Endorsement of Host City

9-2 in favor is the vote

San Francisco Supervisor Sophie Maxwell, chair of the Land Use subcommittee, brought the city’s America’s Cup proposal to the full Board of Supervisors today, reporting “a robust hearing” on the matter and urging her fellow members of the Board to endorse the term sheet that advances the plan. “The work that our city staff has done is remarkable,” Maxwell said. “We don’t have a king, and we’re not a country, but we’re quite a city.”

Then my friend Chris Daly went off again.

Daly made some sense while he was arguing that spending to create infrastructure for an America’s Cup village carries an economic risk. But, what in life doesn’t carry risk? He made some sense as he demanded clearer delineations of cost and benefit. When he went off on the history of America’s Cup controversies as a reason not to go forward, he went off a cliff—

And when he started-in on being dissed by the mayor and not being consulted by the mayor’s office, even though most of the redevelopment will occur in the district that he represents for three more months, he worked himself up and worked himself up and wound up sounding like a spurned 15-year-old threatening to egg a former girlfriend’s house. And I wonder if, when he started, he even knew where he was going with this. I rather think not. He went from asking questions about where certain moneys would come from, and go, to full melt down. He declared that if the Board voted in favor of the measure:

“I will bring a white squall onto this race! You will no longer have the loyal opposition of this Supervisor! It’s a billionaire’s boat race! I will do everything within my power to make sure that these boats never see that water! And you know what, I’m relatively familiar with CEQA law from years of sitting in this CHAIR!”

Whew. In case we were wondering how Chris came by his rep for being, kinda special.

I also heard Chris say, before he boiled over:

“The term sheet is a huge decision point. I really believe there is no turning back. Legally, there would be an opportunity before CEQA review [California Environmental Quality Act] is complete, but let’s be honest. If we pass this term sheet today, and if Mr. Ellison selects San Francisco this year, there would have to be, literally, an earthquake to force six members of this Board, or the Mayor, to reverse course.”

Okay.

Most of what I heard from the people on my side of the equation was either familiar—the transformative event storyline; you’ve read it here and elsewhere—or addressing the need to flesh out the many portions of the term sheet that remain sketchy.

It went on for a while. To a thought that the question be continued to a future meeting, the project manager from the Mayor’s Office of Economic and Workforce Development urged that it was time to call the question. That would be Kyri McClellan: “The world is watching.”

The time was 1640.

At 1641 Board Chairman Chiu stepped in: “I think we have to act now.”

9-2, Supervisors Avalos and Daly dissenting.

And so we move on. Since February I have played the optimistic fool in a sea of pessimists telling me left and right, upside down and sideways, that San Francisco will never get its act together to host an America’s Cup. There’s still room for the pessimists to be right, as long as we have “pissimists” like Supervisor Daly.

But I’m looking forward to seeing the 2013 America’s Cup on San Francisco Bay.

I hope you’ll join me.

Kris O
10-06-2010, 07:38 AM
This is not over...I've been through this before with the board. Its only the begining. I suggest a letter writing campaign identifying the benefits of hosting and possibly explaining your past travel plans to AC locations and how much you spent...or if it employed you. Choose your tactic and copy the Mayor's office. Gavin Newsome: gavin.newsom@sfgov.org

Emails of the Board of Supervisors:

Against:
Chris Daly: Chris.Daly@sfgov.org
John Avalos: John.Avalos@sfgov.org

For:
David Chiu: David.Chiu@sfgov.org
Eric Mar: Eric.L.Mar@sfgov.org
Michela Alioto-Pier: Michela.Alioto-Pier@sfgov.org
Carmen Chu: Carmen.Chu@sfgov.org
Ross Mirkarimi: Ross.Mirkarimi@sfgov.org
Sean Elsbernd: Sean.Elsbernd@sfgov.org
Bevan Dufty: Bevan.Dufty@sfgov.org
David Campos: David.Campos@sfgov.org
Sophie Maxwell: Sophie.Maxwell@sfgov.org

Kris O
10-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Replay of yesterday's meeting....item 39 on the agenda....you really need to watch Daly's tirade

http://sanfrancisco.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=10&clip_id=10847

familysailor
10-06-2010, 01:39 PM
My goodness...... this guy seems very unstable. Dan White reincarnate? From the left this time...........

The dramatic pauses --- oh my!

Kris O
10-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Not sure if he owns it yet but this is the intended space.....Drinks for the Homeless???

http://cbslocalblogs.prospero.com/kpix_eyeonblogs?entry=9438

Charlie Tuna
10-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Not sure if he owns it yet but this is the intended space.....Drinks for the Homeless???

http://cbslocalblogs.prospero.com/kpix_eyeonblogs?entry=9438

http://www.bucktavernsf.com/

Charlie Tuna
10-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I think I figured out my Halloweenie Costume:

Dress like a douchebag , square glasses and scuffy beard. Compliment with a bonnet and have some "B"s hanging outof it!

Kris O
10-12-2010, 09:38 AM
you will also need carry a baby carseat with a fastrak for the bridge toll and a gps set for Fairfield....

Kris O
10-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Awwww couldn't happen to a nicer guy....I guess the field trip to buy drinks for the heroin addicts is on hold

http://insidescoopsf.sfgate.com/paololucchesi/2010/10/20/wherein-chris-daly-learns-that-you-shouldnt-announce-a-new-bar-until-you-actually-negotiate-a-lease-first/?tsp=1

IOR Geezer
10-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Karma just ate his dogma!

Charlie Tuna
10-21-2010, 01:13 PM
And I so looking forward to puking all over the counter.

Kris O
10-28-2010, 07:25 PM
anybody have the video link to this...I imagine its pretty funny....

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/cityinsider/detail?entry_id=75533

bowline
11-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know if he ever bought the bar ?

Charlie Tuna
11-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Does anyone know if he ever bought the bar ?

http://sanfrancisco.grubstreet.com/2010/10/chris_dalys_bar_deal_falls_thr.html

bowline
11-13-2010, 11:29 PM
http://sanfrancisco.grubstreet.com/2010/10/chris_dalys_bar_deal_falls_thr.html
Thanks - that's what I thought.

I wish he would buy a bar in SF - I have some great ideas I'd like to collaborate with GN and the BOS on to have fun.