View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. July Cruise Day 7

July Cruise PNW Day 7
    Port Ludlow to Port Townsend

It’s after July 5th, remember, so the day dawned Sunny once again with a great 14 knot northerly to help us sail against the 12’ incoming tide and give us perfect views across the water of the Olympics and Mt. Baker. We’ve been out on the boat for 7 day’s now and it’s time we do some provisioning, laundry, get some diesel and pump ...

Updated 12-23-2011 at 09:44 AM by Ballard Sailor

Categories
    Tales From the PNW , Pacific Northwest Cruise 2010
  2. July Cruise Day 6

July PNW Cruise 2010
    Day 6 - Twanoh State Park to Kitsap Memorial State Park/Port Ludlow

I crawl out of the boat at 7am to a light southerly (air moving in prep for the day’s thermal out of the North), sunny sky’s and a great view of the olympics to the west.

The Park is empty, I don’t mean just no one on the beach, all the buoy’s are empty except ours, the Dock has ...

Updated 12-23-2011 at 09:57 AM by Ballard Sailor

Categories
  3. July Cruise Day 5

July PNW Cruise Day 5
    Pleasant Harbor to Twanoh State Park.

Our morning started with a calm sail around the bay by Jennifer and MacIntosh in the El Toro, winds were light but they had a great time. The Winds had petered out by the time we decided to leave in the Vanadis so we took another tour of the harbor under motor. What a great little harbor, Marina’s all along the North side, ...

Updated 12-23-2011 at 09:44 AM by Ballard Sailor

Categories
  4. July Cruise Day 4

July Cruise Day 4
    Port Ludlow to Pleasant Harbor

July 5th dawned in the traditional Pacific Northwest way, Grey with promises of sun later in the day. For those of you not from this area summer officially starts in the Pacific Northwest on July 5th and this year is following that rule to the letter. We’re looking forward to another new experience today, we eagerly get the boat together, ...

Updated 12-23-2011 at 09:45 AM by Ballard Sailor

Categories
  5. July Cruise Day 3

July Cruise Day 3
    Poulsbo to Port Ludlow

“Harbor Master, S/V Vanadis.”

“Go Ahead Vanadis”

“Do you have reciprocal moorage space?”

“Yes, 80’ just inside of A dock.”

All the years I’ve been sailing in the Pacific Northwest you’d think I would have been to every little harbor by now. Today we go to a new place for me. Sunday ...

Updated 12-23-2011 at 09:46 AM by Ballard Sailor

Categories
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast