• Another Opportunity Arises For Spindrift

    The crew of Spindrift are code green and waiting for the next cycle of weather updates to confirm if the
    window of opportunity is solid enough to depart. The next update will be 6:00 PM UTC

    Dona Bertarelli, Yann Guichard and all the team of the maxi-trimaran Sails of Change announced a switch to code yellow this morning within the scope of their Jules Verne Trophy record attempt.

    Indeed, a potential weather window looks likely to open in the South Atlantic. If this window is confirmed, it would enable a good arrival time at the Cape of Good Hope.

    In this case, the maxi-trimaran Sails of Change could cross the start line off the island of Ushant between Wednesday and Thursday.

    Given the NW’ly winds and heavy seas forecast, the team is planning to deliver the boat to Brest on Tuesday morning and tie up to the dock outside the harbour town through until the start.

    Confirmation of the delivery trip will be given this evening upon receipt and analysis of the latest weather files.

    2021 crew on the maxi-trimaran Sails of Change:

    Yann Guichard – Skipper
    Dona Bertarelli – On-board reporter
    Benjamin Schwartz – Navigator
    Jacques Guichard– Watch leader
    Xavier Revil– Watch leader
    Duncan Späth – Helm / Trimmer
    Gregory Gendron – Helm / Trimmer
    Julien Villion – Helm / Trimmer
    Thierry Chabagny – Helm / Trimmer
    Jackson Bouttell – Bowman
    Yann Jauvin – Bowman

    Jean-Yves Bernot – Onshore router

    This article was originally published in forum thread: Spindrift On Standby For Jules Verne Record Attempt started by Photoboy View original post