• Moving Up and Moving Back

Brad Webb has had a long-long affair with USA 76, much longer than most sailors would care to admit.
    IACC's boats usually end up in the hands of the highest bidder, not any of the team members who sailed them in the
    prime and glory days, We caught Brad at the helm of USA 76 (below) this past weekend, negotiating the very tight starting line
    of the Golden Gate Yacht Club Midwinters, above. Brad provides a bit of history on the boat and his involvement with
    USA 76:

Top image: Brad working the bow of USA 76, during The Moet Cup, "The Rematch" held in San Francisco, September 2003, between ORACLE Racing's USA 76 and Alinghi's SUI 64. USA 76 won both Pro and Owner Driver Series'.

"USA 76 won the first "ACT" in Marseilles, France in September 2004, and was then used as a tune-up boat for AC32 in Valencia, Spain."

"My wife and I bought USA 76 in 2010 and brought her back to the Bay Area. We believed that with San Francisco's history in the America's Cup, there needed to be a local connection to the oldest prize in sport."

"We schedule Pro-Sail events and Race Days where I join the crew. Our website and eflyer maintains up-to-date calendar information.
    "

If you are close to SF Bay or have intentions to visit the Bay, have visiting relatives and are seeking an alternative to seeing the Bay from a conventional ferry boat, or would like to experience the IACC sensations of speed, groaning kevlar and carbon on a very bristol retired IACC thoroughbred, give them a holler!