Quantum Sails

RBS Battens

North Sails

Pacific Rigging

Jan's Marine Photgraphy

H2oshots.com

Advertise with US

• Super Maxi Rio Sidelined

Live, Sail Or Die reports the super maxi RIO will not be ready for her initial contests in New Zealand:

Due to damage sustained whilst launching the boat on Thursday, Rio 100 has been forced to withdraw from the RAYC Maxi Challenge and Pic Insurance Coastal Classic.

Owner and skipper Manouch Moshayedi along with Rio’s international crew who were excited about visiting New Zealand and racing are bitterly disappointed with the announcement of this news

Obviously my crew and I are very disappointed as we were all very much looking forward to sailing on the boat for the first time in the Maxi Challenge and Coastal Classic. In fact we were all about to get onto our flights to Auckland when we heard the news. Our boat captain Keith Kilpatrick has taken charge of the matter and I am sure all will be well with the boat in a couple of weeks.
    We are all looking forward to participating in the Sydney to Hobart race in December – Manouch Moshayedi

Rio 100 was recently launched in Auckland after undergoing extensive reconstruction with the end of year goal being the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race which starts on Boxing Day.

Rio 100 will be repaired and will be on track to race in this event and will depart Auckland during the first week of December.

LSD article
  • Right Side Sponsors

Pacific Rigging

North Sails

NorCalSailing

H2oshots.com

Quantum Sails

RBS Battens

Advertise with US