• Sébastien Simon Takes Bermuda 1000

Sébastien Simon winner of Bermuda 1000 Race Douarnenez - Brest
    This Friday, May 17 at 10:34 Sébastien Simon (ARKEA PAPREC) crossed the finish line of the second edition of the Bermuda 1000 Race Douarnenez - Brest in Brest, winning his first solo race in IMOCA. His race time is 7 days, 17 hours, 34 minutes. He completed the theoretical 2,000-mile course at an average speed of 10.73 knots. He actually traveled 2,196.97 miles on the bottom, averaging 11.84 knots.

Sébastien Simon, skipper of Arkéa Paprec:

" It's nice ! I am quite surprised because I have been sailing IMOCA only since February 5th. I made two sunbeds with the boat. I trained a little with Vincent Riou upstream of his Route du Rhum but I did not expect to finish in this position and with so much advance. Everything was not perfect but in any case, the trajectories were great and that's why I'm very happy. I made some bulk anyway, and I left a lot of energy. I had some difficult moments but I did my race as it was to be done and I am very happy. It was a beautiful experience. The regatta was amazing. One shot, it started in front and one shot it came back from behind because there were many transition phases. I thought I was going to see those back from that night, but fortunately, I managed to take off again. It's great these offshore races: it's never over! I felt comfortable on the boat. I was not afraid to do maneuvers or to be a bit ambitious. It was my first and last regatta on this solo boat. I think I deserved my new boat now. I can not wait to see her ! "

Yannick Bestaven and Giancarlo Pedote complete the podium of Bermuda 1000 Race Douarnenez - Brest
    After Sébastien Simon's victory this morning, the fight was intense for the remaining places on the podium. It was finally Yannick Bestaven (Master CoQ), at 1:47 pm, and then Giancarlo Pedote, at 1:49 pm, who won the 2nd and 3rd place of the Bermuda 1000 Race Douarnenez - Brest. Sam Davies (Heart Initiatives) finished at the foot of the podium, less than 3 minutes behind Giancarlo Pedote, while Maxime Sorel took 5th place (only 1 minute and 23 seconds behind Sam Davies).
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Bermuda 1000 Underway In Light Conditions started by Photoboy View original post