Quantum Sails

RBS Battens

Whitecaps Marine

North Sails

Jan's Marine Photgraphy

H2oshots.com

Advertise with US

• Greta And Boris's Great Adventure Commences

Greta Thunberg and her father Svante Thunberg accompanied by their host and skipper Boris Herrmann. | TEAM MALIZIA

Voiles et Voiliers REPORTS

Greta Thunberg left Plymouth (England) on Wednesday at 16 hours aboard IMOCA Boris Herrmann. The young Swedish environmental activist has chosen to travel aboard the 60-foot Malizia to New York, where she will attend a climate conference in September. Publicity shot ? Reasonable approach? Opinions are raining. Three "sages" of the offshore race: Loïck Peyron, Eugène Riguidel and VDH, give us their opinion.

"Why must we always be for or against, good God! So Loïck Peyron. All is not white or black, what this girl does deserves better than punitive judgments. A little finesse, what! "

"Nobody has the clean ass on our land, if I can afford it. As soon as we begin to breathe, we begin to pollute; and it worsens very quickly in the minutes that follow. It does not matter, provided you try to do it intelligently."

They are on their way!

"It is obvious that to make the sails of this IMOCA, and the boat itself, it took energy. It has happened a thousand things not beautiful for this boat is built, but the fact that this girl makes this crossing, I find it really cool. It's the wind that will push it, no offense to the grumpy."

"While crossing the Atlantic with the sail, she did not promise to clean the ocean in passing. Anything she can do or say afterwards, it will not clean the planet so far,"
    concludes Loïck Peyron. "But it annoys me, this mania to always see the bad side of things. Okay, we have to look at the consequences of his actions. Okay, let's go right into the wall. But we must continue to move forward. And do it intelligently, without criticizing by principle ... or by jealousy ".

Last minute preps aboard Malizia

"It will surprise many, but I say bravo to this girl," explains Eugene Riguidel. "I say congratulations, and I congratulate her. Carrément! ".

"And you know why I say bravo?" asks a Riguidel not known for his defense of the consumerist cause. "Well, last month, I was in Greece with friends. To return, I did not want to fly. Result; the return was four times longer and four times more expensive. But I did it. This girl, she does it! And it could be much more than four times harder than flying on this IMOCA, for her. But she does it and I completely understand it. So I say bravo, for the idea and its realization. On the media is something else. You know me ! "

"Let everyone do what he wants! finally launches Jean-Luc Van den Heede. "I live my life; I am currently along the Portuguese coast and I enjoy being allowed to live my life by boat. So let this girl live her life! "

"Of course, sailing across the Atlantic is polluting! But everything is polluting. To breathe, to live, it pollutes. Everything pollutes! But let her do what she wants. I do not want to tell where I'm sailing, or with whom. Obviously, she is very strong in communication, she. But it is the fact that it crosses the Atlantic with the sail or that it is strong in communication, which disturbs so much? "

https://team-malizia.com/en/home/

This article was originally published in forum thread: Bold 16 Eco Activist To Sail With Boris Across Atlantic To Attend UN Climate Summit started by Photoboy View original post
  • Right Side Sponsors

North Sails

NorCalSailing

H2oshots.com

Quantum Sails

RBS Battens

Whitecaps Marine

Advertise with US