• The Front Page RSS Feed

Published on 07-06-2015 09:11 AM
    Article Preview

David Hughes & Stuart McNay take the golde at 470 Open Europeans Championships 2015-Aarhus

AleN Photography/©Nikos Alevromytis

470 MEN
    The series lead throughout the 470 Open European Championships was held by one of three teams, and by the end each had secured a place on the podium. The medal race came down to some smart decision making with the points difference giving all to play for.

Whilst Aarhus experienced one of its hottest days of the ...
    Published on 07-06-2015 09:05 AM
    Article Preview

Stop-Start Transatlantic Race

Tracker

(Monday, July 6, 2015) – Comanche, Rambler 88, Phaedo3 and Paradox – the four fastest boats in the Transatlantic Race 2015 – are now in hot pursuit of the remainder of the fleet.

Overnight the four ...
    Published on 07-05-2015 08:52 PM
    Article Preview

Matías Capizzano Clicky made some sweet magic with his latest coverage of a major Opti Event,
    his 20th in as many years!

In 2005 I covered the South Americans at Buenos Aires.
    This was my first IODA event.
    Today I am at Antigua for the Optinam 2015.
    In 10 Days this will be my IODA event number 20.
    Very happy to
    Published on 07-05-2015 08:33 PM
    Article Preview

The US Womens Soccer Team Claimed their 3rd World Cup Victory in dominating fashion today, scoring 2 goals in the 1st 5 minutes and change of play on their way to a 5-2 victory of Japan, settling the score in a dream come too rematch which went Japan's way in their previous meeting in the Womens final 4 years earlier....A full report from USA Today below!

VANCOUVER ...
    Published on 07-05-2015 08:25 PM
    Article Preview

05 July 2015 - Middelfart, Denmark - No racing in Middelfart today due to the lack of wind. It means that the Melges 24 World Championship ended up with twelve races and one discard, rewarding Chris ...
    Published on 07-05-2015 08:17 PM
    Article Preview

Final Four Make Lasting Impressions

NEWPORT, R.I. (July 5, 2015) – With 2,800 miles to sail and just two boats on the starting line, a conservative start would seem like the smart play. But for the 63-foot trimaran Paradox, owned by Peter Aschenbrenner and skippered by Jeff Mearing, the ...
    Published on 07-05-2015 08:08 PM
    Article Preview

Rod and Olin Stephens’ fastest recorded speed on Dorade in the 1931 Transatlantic Race was11.4 knots, set when their father, Rod Stephens, Sr., was driving. In the 2013 Transpacific Yacht Race, Ben Galloway set ...
    Published on 07-03-2015 08:54 AM
    Article Preview

Dave Elmlund demonstrates proper technique for stuffing your Hobie Wave.

Essential information when one wished to cool off on this hot Independence Day weekend!

Published on 07-03-2015 08:31 AM
    Article Preview

Hydroptere left Los Angeles on Monday 2nd June 2015 and has just arrived in Honolulu after a crossing of more than 2215 nautical miles (4102 km). Hydroptere becomes the first ...
    Published on 07-02-2015 10:20 AM
    Article Preview

Hydroptere has FINALLY made it to the Molokai Channel. The finish line is in sight!

http://my.yb.tl/Hydropterehawaii/ ...
    Published on 07-02-2015 09:09 AM
    Article Preview

Build it and they will come

A tad cliche' yet very apropos in this case. The new Riverview Park launching facility in Pittsburg California was unveiled over the weekend with the 1st Annual Board Meeting a combo race, demonstration and big air show, with a nice turnout of kiters and the curious at this delta outlet which ...
    Published on 07-02-2015 08:56 AM
    Article Preview

The Class 40 Toothface 2 off Castle Hill Inn

The Largest Group On its Way

NEWPORT, R.I. (July 1, 2015) – The majority of the 37 boats competing in the Transatlantic Race 2015 launched off the starting line into a brisk southwesterly breeze just after 2 p.m. local time. A line of thunderstorms, which had initially been forecast to come through at mid-day, passed over Newport just as the crews of 20 entries were waking to begin final preparations for the second ...
    Published on 07-02-2015 08:48 AM
    Article Preview

Today, Andrew McDougall launched his latest creation, the WASZP, at the foiling week.
    Compared to his Mach2 foiling Moth, this single-handed, one design foiler is accessible to a wider range of sailors in terms of cost, weight and ...
    Published on 07-01-2015 09:27 AM
    Article Preview

CBS 5 had the scoop from USCG Helo Station at SFO which suffered a "Hard Landing" while on a training session. There are usually 3 Dolphin MH-65D aircraft on station providing SAR and Homeland Security at ...
    Published on 07-01-2015 09:02 AM
    Article Preview

Hydroptere departed Los Angeles
    on June 22nd on what was envisioned to be a record setting run to Honolulu Hawaii. The record of 4 Days, 19 hours, ...
    Published on 07-01-2015 08:47 AM
    Article Preview

Arturo Encinas captures a little close quarters action at the Barcelona ORC World Championships. Click the link for ...
    Published on 06-30-2015 09:21 AM
    Article Preview

The final assembly of Francois Gabbart's new maxi trimaran is currently under way at CDK Keroman in Lorient France.

The 100' is scheduled to launch later this summer, the ultimate goal is a Jules Verne trophy attempt in 2019. ...
    Published on 06-30-2015 09:00 AM
    Article Preview

Hydroptere on final approach.

Should make landfall this afternoon.

No word if they will turn and burn. ...
    Published on 06-29-2015 04:35 PM
    Article Preview

HOT MESS CLEANS UP IN VIPER CLASS, MIDLIFE CRISIS AVERTS J/70 RIVALS, AND HOOD AT THE HEAD OF CATALINA 37 FLEET – IN 2015 LBRW FINALS

28 JUNE 2015, LONG BEACH, CA - - Ullman Sails Long Beach Race Week (LBRW) concluded with a ‘splash’ – as classic Long Beach conditions gelled, and a solid breeze filled in from the west. Ivory cirrus ...
    Published on 06-29-2015 04:20 PM
    Article Preview

Jack Friday Investigates the MOB
    Intro - SAILNET: The Cal 20 MOB

(Screen direction: Fade up on Cal 20’s racing on the Columbia River.)

(Voice Over: Read in the style of Dragnet)
    The story you are about to hear is true; only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

(Set: a long summer evening as the sun sends its last rays beneath the I-5 bridge)
    Portland is my town. The Columbia is my river. I’m a Sailor Detective. I’m assigned to a special MOB investigative squad. When a well-seasoned ring of sailors experiences a MOB on my river, ...

• Right Side Sponsors

North Sails

Sail Tactics

UK Sailmakers

101 Surf Sports

NorCalSailing

H2oshots.com

Quantum Sails

RBS Battens

Whitecaps Marine

Advertise with US