Whitecaps Marine

North Sails

Jan's Marine Photgraphy

H2oshots.com

Advertise with US

• Photoboy

Published on 06-22-2010 10:10 PM
    Article Preview

Emma Creighton sends us a mini novel on the Mumm 30 " Cal Maritime's" voyage!

Thanks Emma!

Ok- so, Coastal Cup:

The boys let me drive the start (because I won the rock paper scissors competition- seriously, I'm a world champion) and really, no one wanted to do any upwind driving. We'd discovered right before the start that one person on the ...
    Published on 06-22-2010 09:46 PM

Screaming down the California Coast on the modified Wylie Designed, Fox modified Ocelot

Thanks a million to Wardoggie for the ...
    Published on 06-21-2010 09:43 AM
    Article Preview

The annual StFYC Heavy Weather Regatta really lived up to its title this year with epic breeze and currents challenging 44 participants who came from as far as British Columbia and Seattle. As the grand finale of the Harken West Coast Opti Series, which ...
    Published on 06-20-2010 11:35 AM

Ever wonder what its like flying down the California Coast in a J-125 in 25 plus knots with a bunch of
    fearless Nor Cal wildmen?
    Published on 06-20-2010 10:49 AM
    Article Preview

SO MUCH going on SF BAY in the last several days, not to mention internationally with Nor Cal Sailors abroad!
    Some of the things we are working on in addtion are the Coastal Cup, Audi Med, Bermuda and more:

Windsurfers leap for joy in "nukin" Conditions at "The Stick"

Teams prep ...
    Published on 06-20-2010 08:50 AM
    Article Preview

To all the Dads out there, it's time to relax, kick back and smell the coffee, bacon and omlets.

Enjoy the day and ...
    Published on 06-18-2010 08:52 PM
    Article Preview

Some of the Bay Areas finest are aboard Speedboat, including Stan Honey, Matt Noble, Mark Ivey, Bill Erkelins.

Newport 18. 6. 2010: 'Speedboat' the 100ft maxi skippered by Alex Jackon at the start of the 635 mile Newport Bermuda Race
    PHOTO CREDIT: Daniel Forster/PPL

Newport 18. 6. 2010: 'Speedboat' the 100ft ...
    Published on 06-18-2010 08:08 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Cruising/Destinations

A while back we asked the question? Why is this woman smiling? Tonite we bring you an answer!

Sea Life Conservation's David Robinson talks about geo mapping, and how tagging the sources of waste floating ...
    Published on 06-17-2010 01:21 PM
    Article Preview

Reichel Pugh 63' Limit blasts out the Gate leaving the fleet in its wake. The Aussie owned and crew speedster
    is doing a West Coast tour which began with the Cabo Race where she finished 2'nd in elapsed time to her RP ...
    Published on 06-12-2010 05:15 PM
    Article Preview

Big Northerly in A.M. means an uphill battle for the 180 plus racers in the 2010 Ditch Run.

Pics uploading....Stay tuned for more!

Published on 06-08-2010 11:53 AM
    Article Preview

The Ditch Run Turns 20

The June 1991 copy of Latitude 38 summed it up perfectly:

“ It’s bound to be a classic! Its got all of the ingredients of a TransPac or a Mexican Race in one Day! It’s downhill all the way, you are navigating constantly, it gets warmer the further you go and you end up in a great place!”

They’ll be coming up the river when they come

For the 1st 37 boats that signed up for the “ Ditch Run” the words could not have been truer.
    The inaugural 65 ...
    Published on 06-02-2010 04:13 PM
    Article Preview

The French/German team All4One moved up to second equal place at the Louis Vuitton Trophy La Maddalena today and will race Sweden's top-placed Artemis tomorrow to decide the winner of the round robin.

© Bob Grieser/outsideimages.co.nz/Louis Vuitton Trophy

The other match between Emirates Team New Zealand and Italy’s Mascalzone Latino, both currently second equal, will be key to resolving the other top places. ...
    Published on 06-02-2010 02:15 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. People,
    3. General
    Article Preview

“Going to sea in a wooden boat is like going to prison, with a chance of drowning”
    Samuel Johnson

You don’t have to be big to be a Master Mariner

Sometimes the pleasure is worth all the pain. The 2010 Master Mariners Regatta marked the 45th rendition of the gathering of all things wood to do some good.

The annual regatta celebrates a moving flotilla of maritime history with roots dating back to 1867. In those days the spectacle ...
    Published on 05-31-2010 08:00 PM
    Article Preview

This stuff only happens in cartoons and slapstick, but sure enough during a topsail hoist at
    Saturday's Master ...
    Published on 05-31-2010 02:16 PM
    Article Preview

The waiting is the hardest part

After a few seasons of a lack luster or wrong direction winds, the 2010 Spinnaker Cup finally live up to its namesake with near perfect if not perfect conditions. After a near hour postponement at the start the fleet was able to seek current relief on the north side of the channel where the building ebb assisted those ...
    Published on 05-30-2010 09:28 PM
    Article Preview

Published on 05-30-2010 11:01 AM
    Article Preview

Day 2
    Sunday 30 May:

Normally Sunday is a day of rest, not here on Leopard! We are sailing along nicely in around 20 knots of wind and doing the same in boat speed which is OK for now. We are positioning ourselves where we want to be for when ...
    Published on 05-29-2010 08:44 AM
    Article Preview

Akela takes advantage of her long legs and stretches them out to knock 5-9 minutes off record!
    Finishing at 6:59 PM ahead of Criminal Mischief and Double Trouble. Andy Costello's bright ...
    Published on 05-27-2010 11:27 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Cruising/Destinations,
    3. People
    Article Preview

I can’t say it enough times – as crazy as I am for sailboat racing, the Delta Ditch Run is my favorite race of all. Pretty crazy huh?

The Delta Ditch Run started 20 years ago. Coincidentally, I started working at Latitude 38 20 years ago. We were meant to be. Twenty years ago I was just a wanna-be sailor - and not interested in racing at all.

By 1997 I was addicted to racing, and looking to move up from non-spinnaker beer can races to longer, more challenging regattas, preferably with a good party at the end. I connected with the Express 34 Two Scoops via the Latitude 38 crew list. My first race with ...
    Published on 05-26-2010 11:58 AM
    Article Preview

© Franck SOCHA

The Swedish team Artemis, skippered by Paul Cayard and steered by Terry Hutchinson, won another race at the Louis Vuitton Trophy La Maddalena today to preserve an unbroken record of four wins and no losses

© Bob Grieser/outsideimages.co.nz

Their nearest competition after five days of competition between ten international teams is the French/German All4One. They ...
  • Right Side Sponsors

North Sails

NorCalSailing

H2oshots.com

Quantum Sails

RBS Battens

Whitecaps Marine

Advertise with US