Thread: Lake Michigan double handed race

Lake Michigan double handed race

The LMSS is celebrating their 30th anniversary this year and their goal is to get 100 boats out for the double this year. Festus and I have done the last two on Shorty and we had a great time. We're hoping we can talk a few more to do it this year, so what say you, Hroth? Dyslexic Dog? Dell Todd? Haz? lartaunt? S29.1 Sailor? Bueller?

I'm 1 for 1. I hate to break my record. I have no where to go but down. Unless of course I win again. Too many commitments for vacation already. I have 10 days in the North Channel along with the Queens and a 2 week family vacation, I think I need to say no. That and my Doubles partner is moving to Columbus to live with the nuts.

I would have to cash in a lot of chips to do that...we'll see.

Hroth

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hughes View Post
    The LMSS is celebrating their 30th anniversary this year and their goal is to get 100 boats out for the double this year. Festus and I have done the last two on Shorty and we had a great time. We're hoping we can talk a few more to do it this year, so what say you, Hroth? Dyslexic Dog? Dell Todd? Haz? lartaunt? S29.1 Sailor? Bueller?
    Attempted it back in the early 90's on the little boat that later became Kaizan at MYC. Nearly everyone turned back that year due to weather - including us and we nearly dropped our rig on the way back. Have thought about doing it many times with the Mrs on our boat, but parenthood and other events have always gotten in the way (especially now with the kids' chaotic sailing programs). Mrs is scheduled for pretty serious back surgery this Spring, so I'm probably "out" - although the double remains somewhere down the page on our bucket list.
    "You teach your children well when you lead by humble example"

President, S2 9.1 Meter North American One Design Class Association
    Chief Transportation Officer, my offspring's Opti and 420 sailing programs

If the economy improves, I think I may be able to be in for this. Might need crew....

Quote Originally Posted by heriberto View Post
    If the economy improves, I think I may be able to be in for this. Might need crew....
    That would be cool. You should come over to this side and do the east shore start. There will be more similarly rated boats, including all three SR 33s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
    I would have to cash in a lot of chips to do that...we'll see.

Hroth
    It wouldn't cut into the weekend at all. Race on Thursday, home Friday. Just a couple of days off of work.

I'm in.. for both the double hander (most likely do it single handed) and for the solo challenge.. got a furler for the jib and a genneker for the races... so I most likely won't be sailing with a 126 handicap this year