Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: BYC Port Huron to Mackinac NOR

First off, you started the personal attack by bringing a four month old post of mine to this thread.
    Second, you should learn how to debate a point rather than resorting to personal attacks.
    Third, I will watch my own words when punks like you and Shife mind your own business. I believe that dismissive, namecalling, know-it-all, IRC loving, SA hater pretty much sums up the both of you without calling you an asshole or dickhead, no?
    Like I said before, pull out your checkbook, buy a boat, campaign under different rating systems, and get back to me in a decade. Until then, mind your own business and keep me out of your discussions.

it never ends...

Quote Originally Posted by aA View Post
    it never ends...
    But if it did, then we'd be lacking in entertainment in these parts, now wouldn't we?

Go Wings!

You seem to be the one struggling with the name-calling which really sets a poor example. Punk ? That's actually funny. Ditch the double standards and you might not find your pants around your ankles when on a public forum.

If you want people to mind their own business and not yours, then I strongly suggest you not post it on a public forum for starters. When you bring your personal political issues with ratings to the court of public opinion, you can look in the mirror for the solution instead of criticizing others for commenting on your posts, which in your case they are perishable and have a "best used by" date attached which is apparently less than 4 months.

And FYI, when you take both sides of an argument with respect to two different rating rules, which is the real issue and not either rule, expect criticism from both camps.

You incorrectly assume I don't have a boat and don't campaign it under different rules, so you may kindly get off the pedestal you put yourself on.

In case you haven't yet been informed, you ride elevators at the same speed as everyone else, even on sailing forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hughes View Post
    But if it did, then we'd be lacking in entertainment in these parts, now wouldn't we?

Go Wings!
    true that...it IS pretty hilarious that the guy who doesn't like it here, has called the site management and patrons nerds in private messages and generally just doesn't 'get it' feels this unending need to troll the site and/or defend his e-virtue. i laugh while shaking my head

go sharks

Quote Originally Posted by aA View Post
    true that...it IS pretty hilarious that the guy who doesn't like it here, has called the site management and patrons nerds in private messages and generally just doesn't 'get it' feels this unending need to troll the site and/or defend his e-virtue. i laugh while shaking my head

go sharks
    Ouch. Not a good start....for the Wings, that is.

It's been a long winter....and a long spring. The winter cover is still on Shorty. I'm looking forward to racing under any rating system that is available. It's about having a good time on the water with good friends.

Back on the topic of the BYC Mac race. I don't do this race, but I'm glad to see that Larry Bell has stepped up and taken over the title sponsorship of this race. The Bell's Beer Bayview Mackinac race. Larry sponsored us in last year's Chicago to Mac race and I'm hoping he does again this year.

As it stands right now, 73 on the Shore course PHRF and only 29 on the Cove course IRC. Are we seeing a mandate?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hughes View Post
    It's been a long winter....and a long spring. The winter cover is still on Shorty. I'm looking forward to racing under any rating system that is available. It's about having a good time on the water with good friends.

Back on the topic of the BYC Mac race. I don't do this race, but I'm glad to see that Larry Bell has stepped up and taken over the title sponsorship of this race. The Bell's Beer Bayview Mackinac race. Larry sponsored us in last year's Chicago to Mac race and I'm hoping he does again this year.
    Indeed, the post race party is a great thing will Bells. Especially when you have books of drink tix because the rest of the crew already left the Island. This race should be interesting, I am sailing on another brewery owned boat.

Wings have dug themselves a hole. Let's see how they respond.

Quote Originally Posted by barleymalt View Post
    Indeed, the post race party is a great thing will Bells. Especially when you have books of drink tix because the rest of the crew already left the Island. This race should be interesting, I am sailing on another brewery owned boat.

Wings have dug themselves a hole. Let's see how they respond.
    But nonetheless it promises to be a good series - the teams are pretty evenly matched. Commentary during the game today was that this should be the Stanley Cup. We'll see if it holds true.