Thread: Edmund Fitzgerald kind of weather

Edmund Fitzgerald kind of weather

Quote Originally Posted by Kris O View Post
    My brother is captain of the Paul Trgurtha. They have been spending a lot of time with the anchor down lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hughes View Post
    My brother is captain of the Paul Trgurtha. They have been spending a lot of time with the anchor down lately.
    I think my brother-in-law is currently on board as first engineer? I know they had a layover in Port Huron for an extra day at the beginning of the month when there was the huge northerlies.
    I had to go to Sarnia that Saturday and it was absolutely amazing looking out at the rollers in Lake Huron from the Blue Water Bridge. Amazing how clear and well defined the waves looked from half a mile away! Had to be huge.

A little breezy!
    Pressure-drop.us ~It's not the size of the website, it's how you use it! ~

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headway View Post

A little breezy!
    It's been blowing 30-40 knots around here for the last week. I think we had one day where it calmed down to less than 20, then it came back up. It was gusting into the 50s last weekend. The poor boat is getting jerked around pretty good.....bout time to have her hauled. The roar of the lake is pretty cool. I can hear it now even over the tv. Peak wave height at the mid lake buoy was 18 feet today.

Ouch. Game on!
    Concrete and cars are their own prison bars....
    Meridian Racing

20 boats damaged in Monroe Harbor.... Link to video