+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Crewed Farallones

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Our friend Rich Hudnut was on the J-120 Twist during the 2010 Double Handed Farallones with
    Timo Bruck. The sea conditions, swell wise were similar, but the breeze much lighter. Shooting
    with a 500mm lens, Rich got an ample sample of what the SE Farallon looks like from the sea.

Terrifying and unforgiving are two adjectives that come to mind. Can't even imagine being forced
    into Maintop Bay in conditions which existed Saturday. The whole weekend has been numbing,
    from the 1st text from Nick Salvador to the calls on 16 and 22....It's a surreal feeling, and cannot
    imaging the agony of the surviving crew members and families of those still missing...

" I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Photoboy View Post
    The sea conditions, swell wise were similar, but the breeze much lighter. Shooting
    with a 500mm lens, Rich got an ample sample of what the SE Farallon looks like from the sea.

Terrifying and unforgiving are two adjectives that come to mind. Can't even imagine being forced
    into Maintop Bay in conditions which existed Saturday.
    The following shots were taken during the '06 DHF. Winds were 12-15 all day, and the swell was no more than 5-6'. As can be seen in these shots, even on a calm day, the swell really stacks up on the NW corner, and West side of the island (and some choose to cut it close).

My sincere condolences to the family and friends of those lost!!!

-3D

Lectronic Latitude has more info. http://www.latitude38.com

RIP Marc, Alexis, Jordan, Alan and Elmer

Brant Ward/ SF Chronicle

Brant Ward/ SF Chronicle

Brant Ward/ SF Chronicle

SF Chronicle's Brant Ward did a fly over earlier today and took some photos of the wreckage.

Full Article
    Pressure-drop.us ~It's not the size of the website, it's how you use it! ~

WOW!

That middle photo from Max reminds us how small and insignificant we really are.

Heard on the local news a commentary from Bob Billingham of ACEA clarifying that the OA organizes the event and it is the responsibility of the individual boats as to whether to race or not, and a long standing culture of the sport of racing. Thought it was appropriate for the general public.

Thoughts go out to the families and friends of those lost.

COO of Unauthorized Sailing Divisions! war dog's Avatar
    I was called by Chanel 2 news for comments on Sunday.....refused to say anything other than just another day racing and my heart went out all friends,family and loved ones of those missing.....

Group 3 Studmuffin Sanity Check's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by war dog View Post
    I was called by Chanel 2 news for comments on Sunday.....refused to say anything other than just another day racing and my heart went out all friends,family and loved ones of those missing.....
    Well done. The newsies are nothing more than hucksters for the most part; only looking for some salacious matter to jam in between the advertorial come-ons.

I just saw the report on KTVU, they sure bastardized the pictures, showing 3 or 4 different boats, none of which were LSC, all the while
    saying they were LSC "just before the crash" and at one point showing Ray Lotto's Atalanta and pronouncing "This is Low Speed Chase" even
    though it said Atalanta right on the side.

Dumbasses.

+ Reply to Thread