Thread: i550 contact info & more

Learning to Crawl

i550 contact info & more

The builders are getting ready to launch a bunch of new boats this Northern Hemisphere Summer. We don't hear from all the builders so an estimate of about 50 boats sailing around the planet is conservative. There are pockets in Portland and the PNW, The SE US, Tasmania, east coast Australia, NE US, Croatia, Turkey and at least one enthusiast in more than 45 countries.
    To keep track of the little i550 Ply Boxes drop into i550class.org.
    Tim

Learning to Crawl
    The i550 continues to grow. There are about 4 to 5 sailing in Hobart (yea, that Hobart), six in Portland, Oregon, 4 or 5 in Croatia and a couple building in Irkutsk, Russia. Plus a lot scattered around.

Learning to Crawl
    The traveling i550 circuit is going to be at SHILSHOLE, JUNE 21, 22 and 23. An invitation is out to drop by to see the growing Class and meet the builders.

Learning to Crawl
    i550 production boats announced

Watershed Sailboats and Velocity BoatWorks are pleased to announce that the i550 will be produced in fiberglass by Velocity BoatWorks in Belleville, Ontario, Canada. Work will begin on the moulds soon and we anticipate a Spring 2014 launch for the first boats. Velocity is owned by Geoff Martin, an experienced FRP manufacturer: http://www.velocityboatworks.com & you can email the builder at geoff@velocityboatworks.com

The fiberglass version will be built to the i550 design shape, weight, draft, rig geometry, rocker and chine measurements. The FRP i550 will have a short cabin which is unique among sport boats of this size, offering protection and privacy for gear changes. This version is the A-4 configuration which you can see on the"about" page at Watershed's site http://www.i550sportboat.com & you can email i550watershed@yahoo.com for more information.

New Woodies, built to the plans, will always be a staple of any i550 fleets. . All past, present and future plywood/epoxy i550's will be accepted if the boat was built to the intention and dimensions of the plan set. We will work with home builders to make certain that both the Woodies and the fiberglass i550's will compete on a fair basis.