Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Single Handed Farallones

J/92 Ragtime!
    You'd need water ballast to shorthand a Synergy 1000.

The E-37 OD fleet on LIS started to do sprits. Mort Weintraub's "TROUBADOR" and (I think) Rich DeMoulin's "LORA ANN" come to mind and these were two of the best - I'll bet the sprits were done well.

When I had my J/33 (also formerly one of Mort's TROUBADORs) I raced against the E-34's some (Ditch Run, etc.). They didn't seem that competitive but they are very nice boats. Maybe shorthanded is their niche?

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    You'd need water ballast to shorthand a Synergy 1000.

The E-37 OD fleet on LIS started to do sprits. Mort Weintraub's "TROUBADOR" and (I think) Rich DeMoulin's "LORA ANN" come to mind and these were two of the best - I'll bet the sprits were done well.

When I had my J/33 (also formerly one of Mort's TROUBADORs) I raced against the E-34's some (Ditch Run, etc.). They didn't seem that competitive but they are very nice boats. Maybe shorthanded is their niche?
    You’re right about the Synergy. I’d guess the mantra would be “reef early, reef often…” Still have of case of the wants though. There’s something about that ~ 34 SA/Disp ratio that elicits a raised eyebrow and primal thirst.

It’d be nice to see someone come out and play with an E-34 shorthanded/offshore. I think they’d have potential.