Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Single Handed Farallones

J/92 Ragtime!
    Quote Originally Posted by PSutchek View Post
    A certain boat gets totally kicked out of ocean sailing,,, and others still might not be conforming..

Its time to check EVERY boat !
    Don't attempt to rewrite history Paul: What really happened.

As for inspections, all participants are subject to them. They can get pre-inspected (I've done several) but they are still subject to post-race inspection.

Also, you might take another look at that photo. Lifelines are installed and they aren't inhibiting Andy's ability to hike. You guys can do this too, if Richard could just get over himself.

Bob, if you had half the 'nads, and one quarter of the talent, you wouldn't have to hide behind your "position", and would just have to sail your boat to its rating, as I do.

We (Paul and I), absolutely smoked your sorry ass in the Crewed Lightship. We were sailing PNE (Participating, Not Entered), as we will be on the first of June, and will be looking to repeat. We had a TOT one minute ahead of everyone on the course. Smoke that.

As to getting over myself, if you want to see how you measure up, talk to your YC, get a Cal 20, and roll out to the Lipton Cup.

Idiot and Paul--
    Will you please SHUT THE FUCK UP?
    Have heard your arguments and points of view. I get it. I'm tired of hearing about it here. Many others are also tired of it. You have not convinced those that make the rules. Your constant bitching and deriding those that do not agree with you does nothing to bolster your arguments or gain support for your position.
    Whinging on every thread that has anything to do with racing in and out of the bay is NOT PRODUCTIVE.

SO ---- Shut up!

PLEASE!

Thank You.

Yo, Family Boy,

It's a Forum. Get used to it. If you "get it", then why aren't you working to make the system more inclusive.

If you really want to get into it, get off this food fight and talk to me.. This goes to the lot of you. I'm open.

Richard vonEhrenkrook
    Cal 20 #624, "Can oWhoopass", SFYC
    richard@woodwonk.com

Congratulations Stuart! That's a frigging rant worthy of me.

Richard, I asked a few questions a couple of weeks ago, and the best you could come up with was "lifelines make my overlapping jib look like crap". Well, welcome to the club of people with overlapping jibs. Now would you and the Smurf PUHLEEZE take me up on my offer to spend a day putting lifelines on CoW? I'll even pay for the damn beer.

J/92 Ragtime!
    Yo Idiot,

I can tell from your tone that I'm getting to you - this pleases me.

My boat is rated for full crew but I race it single-handed. Your boat is rated for two girls, which is who I usually see sailing Cal 20's. If you ever step up to a real boat, look me up.

The system is inclusive, provided you comply with the rules. You've presented your arguments, reasons and rationales to the folks that regulate the racing you want to participate in.
    You lost the argument.
    Play by the rules in force at the moment. Or, don't.
    But to continue to pollute any thread or discussion with your whiny dissatisfaction with the rules is and annoying to me and possibly others.
    I don't agree with your position, although it has been repeatedly stated on this forum.
    You lost the argument, live with it.
    Criticizing the sailing ability of those that don't support you and your ideas is simply childish.
    Your constant whinging and belittlement has done nothing to further your cause and does not promote the use of these forums.

So I must repeat my request for you to shut up, please!

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    My boat is rated for full crew but I race it single-handed. Your boat is rated for two girls, which is who I usually see sailing Cal 20's. If you ever step up to a real boat, look me up.
    Hi BobJ,
    I am trying to be optimistic about your comment and hope that you mean to suggest that women and men who sail smaller boats in Bay (and ocean) conditions and their crews are pretty tough sailors!

J/92 Ragtime!
    No worries - my comment was context-specific.

Here's a little onboard footage from Escapade from last Saturday...