Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lasting Memories of the Final Final

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And last but not least, the end of Cup party on Pier 30-32, which wasn't quite as subdued
    as you would think. Good food and drink, the band with team ETNZ rocked, and the kids were having a great
    time with their scooters blasting about the pier...

" I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Group 3 Studmuffin
    excellent images!! what a flashback!!!

There are some very nice photos there. Looks like you had a busy day there!

Quote Originally Posted by bowline View Post
    A few too many htt's.

I think it works now.

Blog Entries

AC 72's Engineering Explained

Battle of the boats - how technology won the America's Cup: this 1 hour IPENZ lecture, hosted by Beca, was presented by two America's Cup engineers who explained the technology behind the revolutionary AC72 boats and how Oracle made a miraculous comeback from 8-1 to 9-8, clawing back Team New Zealand's lead to defy the odds and win.

Hear about the lessons learnt from each team in the 2013 America's Cup series, rated as the best ever by rival Kiwi design engineers Andy Kensington, from Emirates Team New Zealand, and Neil Wilkinson, from Oracle Team US, as they toured the country visiting Whangarei, Tauranga, Dunedin, New Plymouth, Auckland and Napier in this IPENZ Centenary lecture from May 06 to May 22 2014.

Blog Entries

That Rum Punch

One of the more interesting back stories from the 34th America's Cup comes from crewman Shannon Falcone and th magic punch he mixed up on the eve of Oracle Racings probable elimination of from the Cup and handing it over to ETNZ...

"On the night of Sept 18th 2013, as I lay in bed it finally hit home that the following day could well be the last day we ever sailed an AC72. with Emirates Team New Zealand sitting on match point and understanding the challenge of Oracle Team USA winning 8 straight races, i jumped back out of bed and quickly mixed up a 20 liter batch of homemade rum punch. the idea being that if things didn't go our way, we could drink to the most amazing boats we'd ever raced as sailing athletes and dampen the pain of loosing the auld mug. the next day @leilanisf helped sneak it into our changing room where I hid it at the bottom of my locker under some of my PUMA gear.

And there it sat for another full week as an 8-1 deficit was turned around. only on the morning of the 25th, as the scoreline read 8-8, did I finally allow myself the thought that this could well be shared in celebration rather than consolation. I took this shot while waiting for James Spithill, Rome Kirby, Kyle Langford and the rest of the boys to finish up their hair and makeup in prep for our transfer back the Pier 27 for the prize giving. we finished half on the tender ride there and the other half ended up being drunk out of the America's Cup on stage. hands down the best tasting rum punch I have ever had. ever."

The lasting memory should be dolphin striker gate and it's proof that even members of the cheating team,
    that eventually won, can influence enough said prominent judges as to wash the whole nefarious contest
    into a quagmire of political bullshit that the current owner of the old mug can retain same and admire their
    own mugs in the reflection of the famed silver chalice and pat each other on the backs endlessly.