Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What the hell happened to the What's new function?

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Activity stream is a feature added by v-bulletin some time ago, but you had to dig to find it on our previous version.

The folks there keep building newer and fast and sleeker versions all the time, but with them come bugs and exploits.

While the current version we are using now is a few versions old, it has been for the most part, been debugged.

The fact of the matter is they, like all software providers tend to move forward and cease supporting older versions,

hence the forced upgrade.

Play around in your settings area, located at the top of the page and see if you can't figure out what works for you.

If the "Whats new" feature is universally annoying, I think we can disable.

Personally, I would tend to drift onto the forums after reading the *Front Page* cause that's where the cool ads are and you can support those who support us,
    the to the sections in forums which I find most relevant to my mood and level of comprehension, at any given time of day...
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

So ---
    I go to the front page first, read anything new since I last logged on. Then I would go to what's new and it would display all the threads from any forum that had any comments or replies since I had last logged on. Neat way to stay up with active threads on ALL the forums. Saves needing to go to each forum and find the most recent post, then go to another forum and find that nothing had happened, etc.
    Is the "What's New" button supposed to direct you to the previously invisible or hard to find "Activity Stream"?

I've found a way to find the most recent posts in the format I'm most comfortable with, as described in post 16. Just an extra step to get there.

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think you have made progress, in order to not over do it, maybe a cold one on the deck is in order.
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Photoboy View Post
    I think you have made progress, in order to not over do it, maybe a cold one on the deck is in order.
    Fer shur---
    I spent 145 bucks at the hardware for stuff I might need. Came home and create an unholy mess with powertools cutting Corian, plywood and particle board. (the cabinets are cheaper than I thought)
    Test fittinng the new Kohler stainless sink I managed to cause another essential bodily fluid leak. (the drain cutouts a werry, werry tsharp...)
    Hope the blood doesn't stain the stainless...

Beer Here!!