Thread: 2015 J-Fest

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2015 J-Fest

The annual nod to all things J-Boats, St Francis Yacht Club's J-Fest host 5 classes of J's
    The 24s, the 111's, the 70's, the 120's and the 125's over the weekend on the City Front
    and for the big boats deep into the Central Bay. Saturday's racing started mild mild and turned wild
    as the bay lit up with 25-30 knot, cold, moist Pacific winds funneling through the Gate and into the slot.

Churning up was a building ebb, which added richly to the texture of the surface and provided plenty
    of mini moguls for the fleet to negotiate along with other fleets intertwining in the mix. While the 70's,
    24's and 105's stayed just along the Crissy Corridor, the 120's and 111's were allowed to stretch there
    legs a tad and enjoyed a kite ripping, grin producing blast down to the Berkeley Shoals, no doubt
    to the delight of the party fishing boats keying in on the current halibut run. Good times indeed.

IN the J-24 Division, Michael Whitfield' TMC Racing had 4 bullets out of 5 races and looks ready
    to take on all comers when the Nationals are hosted at the BYC in a month. Scott Seller's 1FA collected
    4 deuces and an ace in the J-70' division to win their 5 races series with 9 points.

The 21 boat strong 105 division is always a dogfight for supremacy and bragging rights, and the J-Fest
    is one of those contest carrying the most prestige. There would be no running away with anything as 4 boats collected
    a bullet in the 5 race series, and in the end a tie between Phillip Laby's Godot and Jeff Littfin's Mojo with 21 points apiece!

The 111's and 120's each had 5 boats racing over the weekend. Madmen, Dorian McKelvy's talent loaded J-111 dispatched 5 straight victories
    and was virtually sailing away from the competition, with the other 4 contenders all doing battle for the 2nd & 3rd positions. Barry Lewis and crew on Chance,
    just eased past David Haliwill's Peregrine, 7s points to 8 in a hotly contested J-120 division.

Full Results
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    J-Fest Gallery is UP!!!

" I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery