Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Rolex Big Boat Series

[QUOTE=Prince of Whales;42371]The wind came up at 15:00, they could have pulled off a short race yesterday to decide a few close divisions.[/QUOT

as per the sailing instructions was no race could be started after 14.30

That's what amendments are for, no?

4 hours in the hot sun is enough!

[QUOTE=Wl3175;42372]
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Whales View Post
    The wind came up at 15:00, they could have pulled off a short race yesterday to decide a few close divisions.[/QUOT

as per the sailing instructions was no race could be started after 14.30
    Somehow I thought it was 16:00 hours.

I guess after 4 days, some folks needed to get home and get some work done.

Blog Entries

BBS- Thursday recap

Thursday's racing on Deception was great, despite the delayed start due to late arriving wind.

BBSnowind.jpg

We were mesmerized by the size and magnificence of Kialoa III.

k3.jpg

The two courses for ORR-B were not your typical "sausage and bun" set up. We had quite the tour of the Bay and under the G8. The wind built from 3 to 7 to about 25 knots. The second race lasted well after 6:00 pm, making it a long day of hoisting, dousing, tacking, jybing, grinding, trimming, packing, ...

BBSchirp.jpg

We were excited to launch our new J3 and A2. I, however, was not so enthused to repeatedly flake the superstiff/heavy J3 (thankfully it wasn't the J1) and repack the billowy A2 ("Spa Helvestine" was super steamy that day). I might have accidentally used a few (too many) swear words during those evolutions. It was great to be back on the pointy end after a few stints in the cockpit, but I felt like I'd aged about 10 years in one day (the joys of middle age...).

Oh!Rion.jpg

The real star of the day was Orion. We saw smoke on the water wherever she went. It looked crazy fast and fun.

BBSsunset.jpg

Thanks for a great day Deceptionistas and BBS!

Peace Out, BagleyHowe

COO of Unauthorized Sailing Divisions! war dog's Avatar
    My self I was more than happy to be able to put the boat away attend the awards and be home by 17:00 after 4 days. Per SI's 15.4 "on the last day of the regatta no warning singal shall be made after 14:30" call it 30 min to get all the starts done with 2 lines meaning last chance for warning at 14:00.4.2 states 60 minutes minimum to warning after shore side AP flag is lowered. That means 13:00 at the latest. That is right around when they made the call and there was no indication of when it would fill. The RC showed that they were committed to getting in good races when they started us at 16:20 for the second race thursday. another fun BBS but I wish they would run it a bit earlier in the month seems to be better wind.

WD

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

COO of Unauthorized Sailing Divisions! war dog's Avatar
    Sy said at the awards that he wants to bring "Big Blue" next year that would be a kick.

Syd should change his last name to "Vicious"

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Friday's select selects live HERE!

" I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery