Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great White Feeding Frenzy At Alcatraz

No denying that was a whitey!

I suspect that happens more often than people want to think. Just not near crowded dock landings.

Who will get eaten 1st?

A dog fetching a ball at Crissy?

A swimmer at the Dolphin Club?

A kiter struggling with a downed kite?

A SUPper flailing at Fort Point?

A surfer at Fort Point?

Someone related to the Kardashians?

1) Swimmer at Dolphin Club

2) Ft Point Surfer

3) Kaitlyn's junk being trolled by the Bass Tub

Why no cats?

You could put some cats on a plywood cut out shaped like a seal and drag it around Alcatraz.

I can think of a particular raccoon that could use a salt water immersion

Some meth heads who recently made the news could use the same.

Sink or swim or become part of the food chain.

But don't we risk the local apex predators into becoming hooked on meth-heads?

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Farallones Cage Diving off the Derek M Baylis

Cage Diver -One Day SF Great White Shark Adventure 12 hours
    Join us on an unforgettable journey to San Francisco’s Farallon Islands, home of one of the most significant white shark populations on the planet.

Our one-day shark adventures depart from Fisherman’s Wharf in the heart of San Francisco. You'll travel to the Farallons aboard the Derek M Baylis, a very special 65 ft auxiliary-powered sailing research vessel. The Baylis provides a safe, comfortable, fast, and environmentally friendly platform for white shark research and education.

We typically leave the dock very early in the morning to insure we’re on location during peak sighting times. Once everyone is checked in and the Captain has provided the safety briefing, we’ll serve breakfast. On the way to the islands, a Certified Farallones Naturalist will tell you more about the Farallons and share things you need to know to get the most out of your shark viewing adventure. There will also be time for cage divers to change into their wetsuits.

Have friends or family members who would prefer to observe from the boat? Bring them along as a Topsider.

After selecting a date to cage dive, and answering the questions, select "Continue Shopping". Choose the "Topside Observer" for the same day of your cage dive and finalize the purchase.

Topsiders will find they have a very important role. Those not cage diving serve as "lookouts", standing alongside our naturalists and scanning the horizon for signs of shark activity.

We are typically back at the dock late afternoon/early evening, depending on sea conditions and shark action. Be prepared for a very long day.
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

I don't think the meth heads have enuf money for the Farallones trip