Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Alameda Marina redevelopment

Alameda Marina redevelopment

WTF?

http://www.ehdd.com/work/alameda-marina-master-plan

I know, it will probably take years upon years to get the permits, but......

Let's hope they can't get it rezoned residential. No other hoists except Richmond.

Who owns the Marina?

J/92 Ragtime!
    Bill R. Poland - google Bay West Development.

Lots about hisself on his website but he doesn't list sailing or boating as one of his interests.

Looks like Svens will have to close/move, which adds some distance to a decent yard unless he sets up shop close by (or perhaps where Nelsons used to be). Plus other small businesses from the sailing community - canvas, parts, sail making. It will probably take more permits to move Sven than to build condos and a strip mall.

Lots about hisself on his website but he doesn't list sailing or boating as one of his interests.
    He's to busy building townhomes and condos to sail. I bet there are big regrets in the Svendsens camp about bringing in a partner to be able to buy the property only to get pushed out themselves in the end.

Something is rotten in Denmark

They are developing the crap out of Alameda these days. Must suck to get off the Island during morning commute.

J/92 Ragtime!
    Svend and his wife were Alameda residents (AFAIK she still is). Sean Svendsen and Bill Poland appear to both live in Marin Co.

Prince, not just during the morning commute - it's getting to be an all-day thing.

Group 3 Studmuffin
    A lot of the berths are in disrepair and downright dangerous. Lots of very old exposed wiring.
    When I worked there a year or so ago they were running 90% + occupancy on all their commercial and office space. It may have changed.
    It's an old Marina.