Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: A New 52' West Coast Movement Gets Rolling

Looks like somebody owes an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by IOR Geezer View Post
    Looks like somebody owes an apology.
    Reuben, thanks for the clarification. Based upon what was said/reported I was hoping that we weren't going to revert to the days when headsails were chucked over the side when they were no longer needed.

and Geezer, here are the specific words that caught JBob and I off guard: "“The blow up tore a big chunk of the clew right off. We had to settle for burial at sea as we could not winch it in at the speeds we were going. There was little time wasted and the crew had a new sail up within minutes"

The implication of that statement is quite clear, so if the crew of IH wishes to not be misunderstood, then just maybe they might want to be a bit more precise in their use of the English language.

Thanks again for the correction Reuben.

Nick

the statement from the Hand implied directly that they had abandoned their A2. As for the axe...why in god's name would I have an axe to grind against Slootman? I don't even know the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Salvador View Post
    the statement from the Hand implied directly that they had abandoned their A2. As for the axe...why in god's name would I have an axe to grind against Slootman? I don't even know the man.
    The obvious near immediate attack lends itself to that conclusion.

Not even a "congrats guys, well done but........."

The "A" in those sails stands for astronomical costs.

Doubt anyone would just junk one because a corner ripped.

An impressive run for the fledgling fleet.

Advancement doesn't come easy or cheap, hope they get a good influx of boats and keep the momentum going!

Well then, you're projecting. How could anyone be surprised at the outcome after the SoCal 300? Congratulations...sure, they were offered elsewhere. My statement was in response to their description of abandoning a kite at sea because they were going too fast to recover it. Their words, not mine. As for the cost of tossing a kite over the side? BFD. It used to be done to headsails all of the time once they were no longer needed. It's a fucking insurance claim.

My deductible would consume any sail claim in a heartbeat.

Maybe all sails should be made from bagasse?

Quote Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
    My deductible would consume any sail claim in a heartbeat.

Maybe all sails should be made from bagasse?
    Clearly, we all need bigger boats and 1k deductibles.

What ever became of the TP 65's?

Was there just the one and then done?