despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Big Boat Series 2017

" I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Blog Entries

Rolex BBS 2017 Best Guess Preview

Some uneducated guessing on what may or may not happen in each division....

The J-70's, a much reduced number since last years SF Worlds, with 11 boats vs 36,
    we will stick with previous results, with Snow Bigden's Cool Story Bro edging out Peter Cameron's Prime Number
    as a consolation prize for not going to Porto Cervo this year, where, if you have not heard, Clicky,
    there is plenty of drama but not so much sailing...

J-105's are the largest fleet this year, and its always tight at the top, but with the Perkins brothers teaming up with the Purdy's
    betting against Good Timing would be foolish...

It's been an ongoing battle for supremacy in the J-120's between Barry Lewis's Chance and David Halliwill's Peregrine
    One thing for sure is Twist will have the best/most rum drinks at dock afterwards...

They have dropped the California 40 title from last year, but the Farr 40's remain a competitive class,
    and best guess is that Michael Shlen's Blade II still has enough talent to hold off local boats
    Bright Hour and Twisted....

Express 37's, another competitive fleet, will miss the presence of Kame and crew on Golden Moon
    but if 2016 was any indicator, expect Expeditious and Elan to be making some noise...

With the addition of Karl Kwock's Beau Geste, the PAC 52's qualified official as a division.
    That's the good news. The bad news is Karl Kwock's Beau Geste is loaded with talent and the crew
    has more time on 52's than most every other team, and has Gavin Brady calling the shots.
    Going to be a great spectacle with these evenly matched boats mixing it up!

The Sportboat division, with ratings from 81 to 27 is an interesting grouping. On one hand,
    if it's light, Mark Kennedy's Flying Tiger may have the advantage, but if it's on, it's
    probably a dogfight between Kuai and Dont Panic

ORR A, would probably be the J-125's Timeshaver's race to lose if it wasn't for all the ratings stuff.
    Somehow, on seen Swifty having a say on who perches atop the podium. Sentiment has Sy's boat and crew
    bringing home some bling for it's master!

ORR B is a well matched handicap division, but with Peter Wagner's Skeleton Key on a winning streak of late,
    that's where the smart money would go...

ORR C, should be Wayne Koide's Encores race, but keep and eye on Nicolas Popps's new Invictus

Blog Entries

Multi division down bunches from last year, after Randy Miller's Marstrom 32' exploded during last years BBS,
    and Jerome Ternyck's Extreme 40' capsized during this years Bridge to Bridge (assume the rig got damaged after a night
    of floating inverted on the bay). None of the Corsairs signed up, so it's a dual between Peter Stoneberg's Prosail 40' Shadow X and
    Tom Siebel's Mod 70 Orion, Shadow X has Pete Melvin and Brad Webb aboard... will it be in foil mode?

No love for the locals on the Hand?

Smart Recruiters did a little rig reduction exercise?

Pickled Herring by a nose

Tupelo Honey in an upset!

Breeze on today, lighter rest of week!

Blog Entries

Then There Was One

Peter Stoneberg's Prosail 40' Shadow X suffered structural failure with their rig in the 2nd race today near the Blackaller mark.

Full report coming up on the days racing on a blustery SF Bay

Results