Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Three Bridge Fiasco

2018 Three Bridge Fiasco

194 and counting...

Who's up for it?
    Which way ur gunna go?

I'll be giving it a try , single handed for once... the wind direction and tide will decide most for me , trying to get two runs out of 3 with spinnaker if possible...

Gonna go in circular motion!

Quote Originally Posted by PSutchek View Post
    I'll be giving it a try , single handed for once... the wind direction and tide will decide most for me , trying to get two runs out of 3 with spinnaker if possible...
    Me too. I'm only packing 3 kites and so I get three launches before I need to start untangling stuff and running tapes. My preference is to drop used kites down the companionway and string a new one for each launch. Short-handed dowses to the companionway are safe, but launches from there are a pain in the ass because the head gets stuck in the shrouds.

I wrote a spreadsheet with leg distances, wind angles, VMGs from polars, currents and so-on. I can enter data on how the wind changes over the day and it gives me an accurate finish time for each course option. It's also been totally wrong for the last three years because the zero wind parking lots fuck it up. I'm hoping for at least one year with NO PARKING at Treasure Island.

Have you considered a kite stuffer?

Parkups are slow.

Swing wide and go fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonapah Low View Post
    Have you considered a kite stuffer?
    I have one, but it's slow, heavy and I need to go onto the foredeck to use it - just a matter of time before I end up falling off. Better to stay comfortably inside the cockpit and sort out the ratfuck of soggy Nordac downstairs after racing is over.

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2018 3BF Currents

Hour By Hour Starting @ 0900

This Panel for the North Bay courtesy L-36.com

" I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery