Thread: Norcal small diesel rebuilder?

Norcal small diesel rebuilder?

Anyone got a guy, you know, a major gearhead that moonlights rebuilding small engines, let's say a yanmar 2GM20, at his -- or her (2018 and all) -- own pace, for shorter funds than a List or Hirschfeld type shop?

I knew a couple when I was on the east coast. One of them I found from a piece of cardboard stapled to the community notice board outside a diner that said "small engine service, any kind" with a phone number and nothing else. You know, that kind of guy. I drop it off at his garage, 2 months later get a call that it's done, I show up and watch it run for a few minutes in the driveway while he's fixing an old TV or something. I write a check and we load it into my truck.
    Anyone? Maybe that guy in Marin that posted a couple rebuilt Atomics on Craigslist last year, got his contact info?

In a marina, under a boat, in the San Francisco Bay.
    Bill Engle of Bill's Marine is your man. Not a shadetree mechanic however, so if you're looking to have this done on the cheap, don't bother calling him.

(510) 708-9391
    Clean bottoms are FastBottoms!

Quote Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
    Bill Engle of Bill's Marine is your man. Not a shadetree mechanic however, so if you're looking to have this done on the cheap, don't bother calling him.

(510) 708-9391
    Excellent, thanks for this, Fast. I plan to do as much as possible myself, and when I get in over my head, bring the block and a box of parts to a pro. Just looking for the guy that won't immediately turn me away for not wanting to pay $17k to properly re-power a $4k boat. Will see if Bill's okay with that program.

Carl Stitz is another name, per more googling.