Thread: 2018 Big Daddy

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2018 Big Daddy

On a day more apt for sturgeon fishing than sailboat racing, millpond conditions on the Bezerkely Flats
    had more milling than sailing for Saturday's Buoy Racing. Hopes the wind gods are smiling on the fleet
    on Sunday for the Pursuit Race

images courtesy paul sutcheck/can racing llc

" I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The RYC Big Daddy regatta was the first season counter for the Express 37 fleet in 2018. 6 boats on the start line: Bullet, Escapade, Expeditious, Golden Moon, Snowy Owl and Stewball. 3 races on the deep water course west of the Berkeley circle. Each race was a single sausage, so having a good start was key to arriving at the windward mark and being first boat with a kite up. Breeze was very light and not all consistent throughout the race course. Crews had to pay special attention to weight placement, clean tacks, acceleration, and maintaining momentum. Great competition and close racing. Congrats to Golden Moon for the win, and to all the boats doing the pursuit race on Sunday, good luck and hope you find some wind!

Express 37 Class FB Page

Velvet Hammer just did a flyby. We are peacefully anchored while waiting patiently for wind.
    The Hammer is buzzing through the fleet while waiting impatiently for wind.

David Liebenberg

Saturdays Results
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

I am thinking that in the future, they could pick or allow racers to choose a single island and finish between
    Southampton and F Buoy. Lots of boats got around 1 Island but not both.

Not a bad proposal.