Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: welcome to pressure-drop...

welcome to pressure-drop...

and thanks for coming. there's been some questions as to the 5 w's and we thought it would be good to just lay it out there so you all know what the deal is. so without typing anymore than necessary, here you go...

the front page
    this place was created for you all, as such we provide content and would encourage you to as well. your contributions from your local scenes, regattas, goings on are what makes it interesting for everyone to read. please feel free to submit reports, photo's, general sailing information, etc. at any time to editor@pressure-drop.us or aA@pressure-drop.us. if you want to write it up, please feel free, if not, give us the gist and we'll hound you for the rest of the details and get it done. the mission here is to provide news, networking, resources, and goings on in the sport without personal agenda's, bias, or flame-throwing. this is not a place (front page or forums) to bully, politicize, or grind axes anonymously; you want to call someone out, do it, but be ready to sign your name to it.

now as to forums -
    1. anyone can join the forums
    2. there are all sorts of forums from sailing to general discussion, place your threads appropriately
    3. have fun, talk smack, share ideas...but keep it lighthearted please. all out personal attacks are not cool
    4. there are no plans for the admins to yield a banstick. that being said, with enough complaints from enough individuals about a single member here, we reserve the right to air out the complaints for the 'tribe's consensus'. hopefully, that won't ever be needed.
    5. sock puppets are acceptable to a point. what or where that point is lies directly in the front page content mission...this isn't an attack/axe grinding place with pure anonymity. we are all adults and we're sure we can handle ourselves as such and know quite well where the lines of acceptability are. lastly, we're not looking for a pissing match and don't care where you post, just what you post here

please do have fun and if you enjoy what's going on here, feel free to spread the word.

thanks again,
    kurt

Great post.......

Thank you.

COO of Unauthorized Sailing Divisions! war dog's Avatar
    Thanks aA....Kurt!!

As an earl- member it is great to see the surge of new members............lets never forget wh- we needed this site to enjo- our love of our sport!....and help them bulid it in our/their vision!!!

BTW I will be wearing m- PD t-shirt with pride at BBS -ou can will -ou?? Order now!!!! show the love!!!!!!!!

WD..........Tom Warren

Blog Entries
    and don't forget about the stylish hoodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballard Sailor View Post
    and don't forget about the stylish hoodies.

Sexy, innit?

Blog Entries
    I love my hoodie.
    A little disorganization goes a long way toward fun sailing.

Are the belts out yet?
    Stay in the car and don't play with the radio.

one of those big freshwater ponds, eerie isn't it?
    Kewl. Rules we can live by. Only been a member here for a couple of days and already there are close to fifty nOObs with less time than me. This place looks like it's ready to grow for the adults in the old "other site" crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by war dog View Post
    Thanks aA....Kurt!!

As an earl- member it is great to see the surge of new members............lets never forget wh- we needed this site to enjo- our love of our sport!....and help them bulid it in our/their vision!!!

BTW I will be wearing m- PD t-shirt with pride at BBS -ou can will -ou?? Order now!!!! show the love!!!!!!!!

WD..........Tom Warren
    You should come out with an official PD "Y" key for war dog.
    Concrete and cars are their own prison bars....
    Meridian Racing

so...how do you do multiple quotes? and/or, tag a post to be quoted? i like to tag a post or two as i read through the thread and reply once i get to the end, rather than reply right when i see a post i want to reply to. hitting the "+ button doesnt seem to work?