Thread: February Regatta PRO

Blog Entries

February Regatta PRO

Yesterday was brutally cold and squally. I think we were hailed on on the way home. If I had had nuts, they would have frozen off. Post race incredibly hot shower and adult beverage imbibing were required. Thank you Evil Octopus, Jasper, Charlie, Steve, and Stevie for a great day!

IMG_1717.jpgIMG_1721.jpgIMG_1722.jpg
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Peace Out, Bags[/FONT]

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mid-Winter Madness

Forecast models for Saturday's Mid-Winter races on SF Bay indicated yet another cold storm blowing in,
    with gusty winds in the 20's to low 30's, and cells producing sudden shifts with brief heavy downpours,
    just to make it more appealing. As the Mid-Winter season is winding down, many teams not in contention
    decided that a day curled up with a good book next to the fire a better option, but for those adventurous
    to pull on the foulies and mosey on out, they were justly rewarded with white knuckle rides, head clearing
    adrenaline rushes and situations you only read about in Southern Ocean reports....

A few results from Mid-Winters racing about the Bay:

Regatta Pro

Berkeley Saturday Mid-Winters Cumulative

CYC Midwinters

GGYC Manuel Fagundes Cumulative

EYC Jack Frost Cumulative
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

What were they doing with the kite there? Testing for it's sea anchor worthiness?

Quote Originally Posted by ShanaCruz50 View Post
    Yesterday was brutally cold and squally. I think we were hailed on on the way home. If I had had nuts, they would have frozen off. Post race incredibly hot shower and adult beverage imbibing were required. Thank you Evil Octopus, Jasper, Charlie, Steve, and Stevie for a great day!
    Nuts should be carefully wrapped and stowed away in those conditions.

I didn't think shrimping season opened until April 1st?

We had a great time. At one point on what turned out to be a reach instead of a downwind leg we saw 24 kts and took off like a rocket. A J105 won't "plane" exactly, but it hits a mode that feels super smooth, fast and responsive. Usually this lasts for 10 of 15 seconds before a bitch of a roundup, but we managed to hold it together and had a nice ride.