Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Rolex Fastnet

Quote Originally Posted by psycho tiller View Post
    IRC 2 first place a JPK 1180, 3 out of 4 top places are JPK's.
    IRC 3 1st place a JPK 1030, 6 out of the top 7 places are JPK's.
    IRC 4 1st place a JPK 1010 and 5 out of the top 8 boats are JPK's.
    Two questions are going to keep me up tonight 1) What the hell are they doing that I'm not doing? (unfortunately this list is probably quite long!) 2) Where's the closest IRC race?
    The JPK is quite popular in Europe, I wonder why they have not made much of a presence in the U.S. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Steamer View Post
    The JPK is quite popular in Europe, I wonder why they have not made much of a presence in the U.S. ?
    Unless something has changed recently there are actually only 2 JPK's in all of North America, ours and another 1080 in New York. Would love to see more here in SF. I'm quite obviously incredibly biased but we've found the boat to be a fantastic design for our local conditions. I think part of the reason so few are found outside Europe is because he doesn't advertise, just relies on word of mouth and reputation. He's also a small builder and from all reports wants to stay that way. The shop only builds about 20 boats a year and there's typically a 2 to 3 year waiting list to get one. fwiw here's an interesting article (at least to me ) about the JPK yard: http://no-frills-sailing.com/jean-pi...rt-jpk-yachts/