Thread: Warning: Scammers Sending Out False Vessel Registration Notices

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Warning: Scammers Sending Out False Vessel Registration Notices

Documented Boat Owners - heads up! This letter looks legit but the USCG Documentation website is dco.uscg.mil NOT maritimedocumentation.us

This “service organization” mails this notice out a few weeks ahead of the proper notice. I fell for it once years back and it cost me hundreds of dollars when the renewal is only $26.

To make matters worse, they never mailed my document so some drug running boat somewhere probably paid them even more for it.

I got it all sorted out a few years back with the proper organization but the imposter still has the nerve to send these notices year after year.

Sherry Smith send out the alert. We have seen this scam before but read the fine print at bottom.

Beware!
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

This scam comes and goes, but you wonder why they have not been shut down yet?

Group 3 Studmuffin Sanity Check's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IOR Geezer View Post
    This scam comes and goes, but you wonder why they have not been shut down yet?
    Similar to asking politely if someone would care to exchange two tens for a five I suppose. As the letter reads: "You may use our services to renew your USCG registration through our private online application portal... use of our service requires payment of a service fee in addition to the government renewal fee"