Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: News from elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggletooth View Post
    Whast a banstik?
    keeps the pits from stinking

Snaggy is my people.....bo sphell chick reqwired fo hum.
    She looked good from far, but she was far from good.

Quote Originally Posted by liquorpig View Post
    Snaggy is my people.....bo sphell chick reqwired fo hum.
    I was just thinking he/she might find it a refreshing change.

On the other hand--- if we could all learn his system we could have a dedicated thread to practice on.........

Quote Originally Posted by kwenglish View Post
    Who has been flicked from SA and Why?
    It was post 273, but got deleted. China bald lucky responded in the interim and included the quote. I also changed my display name to "left for pressure-drop", I am sure that didn't help, but thought it was better than "gone".

"As I walk out the door, I have to note the irony of a group that calls itself anarchistic and claims first amendment for everything, but gets their knickers in a twist when people complain to advertisers. Welcome to the world of media. You can either be a prick about it or you can face the music and address the issue, respecting other people's right to express their opinion.

Pitiful that a group that makes money off slinging crap at people and saying that an apology is not good enough cannot take it themselves. Trying to run people out of sailing because they did not adhere to your "holier than thou" standard. Garbage.

Pulling the rip cord and off to better locales. I'll vote with my feet."
    I saw that before it got deleted, loved the sentiment. Scot and Alan have turned the place into post revolution Russia with all the pogroms they've been running. anyone who doesn't march in lockstep with them is getting the boot.

very quiet around here

hi everyone.
    been thinking about all the progress elsewhere..
    weeks ago , there had been a cryptic reference tio a sit-down with meyers.
    now, the vague "offers of reconciliation" were refused (so it's, straight back to fat jokes)
    the news we were waiting for was the "we are not about vicious lies" announcement, right?
    it's a brave new world, plus we are no longer threatened by shife. cool.

It's Day Meyers as hall monitor, and he's improving the site.
    Add an isolated "Profanity Anarchy" tab, and you even could hold a decent conversation there.
    I find myself pulling for Meyers and hoping for a J105 class action.
    Followed by a composed lawsuit from Leif Beiley and a patient one from Bruce Nelson.
    Need Anarchy Light. Free the Shife.

Quote Originally Posted by jocal505 View Post
    hi everyone.http://www.pressure-drop.us/forums/n...ewreply&p=4235
    been thinking about all the progress elsewhere..
    weeks ago , there had been a cryptic reference tio a sit-down with meyers.
    now, the vague "offers of reconciliation" were refused (so it's, straight back to fat jokes)
    the news we were waiting for was the "we are not about vicious lies" announcement, right?
    it's a brave new world, plus we are no longer threatened by shife. cool.

It's Day Meyers as hall monitor, and he's improving the site.
    Add an isolated "Profanity Anarchy" tab, and you even could hold a decent conversation there.
    I find myself pulling for Meyers and hoping for a J105 class action.
    Followed by a composed lawsuit from Leif Beiley and a patient one from Bruce Nelson.
    Need Anarchy Light. Free the Shife.
    Dan Meyers sucks. I may not like what SA is doing, but I would never cheer for him for a damn thing, save maybe him jumping in a pool of rabid bull sharks.
    Concrete and cars are their own prison bars....
    Meridian Racing

Quote Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
    Dan Meyers sucks. I may not like what SA is doing, but I would never cheer for him for a damn thing, save maybe him jumping in a pool of rabid bull sharks.
    I thought Stingray had a valid point about possible entrapment - at least on the part of the e-mails from Marian that wound up in Meyers hands as well as the bar conversation - a likely set-up as both individuals are/were close friends with Meyers.

Even if this is the case, it may still not exonerate Scot from the liable charges.

Agree that SA needs to be taken down a few notches - I just don't like to see Meyers the one doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bowline View Post
    I thought Stingray had a valid point about possible entrapment - at least on the part of the e-mails from Marian that wound up in Meyers hands as well as the bar conversation - a likely set-up as both individuals are/were close friends with Meyers.

Even if this is the case, it may still not exonerate Scot from the liable charges.

Agree that SA needs to be taken down a few notches - I just don't like to see Meyers the one doing it.
    Yep.
    Concrete and cars are their own prison bars....
    Meridian Racing

[QUOTE=bowline; Agree that SA needs to be taken down a few notches - I just don't like to see Meyers the one doing it.[/QUOTE]

No reason to take it down a notch or two, Just like PA is the cesspool for SA, it fills a necessity.
    SA is the cesspool for sailing websites on the internet, go there if you want, but know ahead of time what you'll be washing off afterward.
    Stay in the car and don't play with the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
    DH. I know what your saying, but for the purpose of good discussion, let's dive into this.

I have closely watched the Dan bashing, waiting for the smoking gun. Not much dirt, really.
    Let's review all of it, okay, and help me out here if I overlooked something.

Here's what we have on him:
    0. He is seriously overweight. (actually, the bacon & mayo is unsubstantiated)
    1. He was caught greasing a key First Marblehead client (in BofA): $32,000 in cash and jelelry.
    2. She isn't much to look at.
    3. She was reimbursing her staff for political contributions. Jabbagate? No details emerged.
    4. They both got outted and fired, but he came back after 2 years and the banking collapse.
    5. He arranged for a companionway mockup for Numbers due to his size.
    6. He got into a crane (big, stable crane, I suppose) to check out his N.J. ocean view, then whacked trees.
    Evidently had permits for crane and tree removal.
    7. Earned about 13% (an exorbant amount) on student loans, indenturing thousands of kids, but also educating them.
    8. He rolled over a golf cart (Florida?), got hurt, missed a race.
    9. He had a sit-down with SA staff; details not forthcoming.
    10. His legal complaint shows flashes of a paralegal's skil level, but also humor and understatement.
    11. He uses a cheap blue tarp from Home Depot, yet they offer silver for a nice ride like Numbers.
    12. Has a hired-gun weekend boat crew on a three-boat start line.
    13. Pals with Butterworth and Bertarell.
    14. Stated in an interview that Sa "violated" others.
    15. Has halloween-type teeth.

I mean, no boorish yackt club behavior? No tantrums or fibs in the protest room?
    No quickdraw protest flag? No tipsy gait on the way to the limmo?
    No squeeky-tight port-tack encounters? I mean, how much does he tip the valet parking guy?
    No kiss-and-tell from the ex, no tell-all from the chauffer?
    No pissed off caddy? No fender-benders? No Humvee in driveway or toys in yard?
    No girl friends? Well, does wife ever wear white before Easter?
    No outstanding parking tickets, no cheeky retorts to traffic cops?
    No favorite donut shop or chic table in a tony Boston restaurant with a certain overbuilt chair?
    No sailmaker who says he didn't pay, no hotshot tactician who says he can't steer?
    No lawsuits from the neighbors, no spots on the glasses?
    Now about uncoiled hoses on the dock? Jumbo Jabaso down below? Anything?
    Hell, it's like trying to nail Mother Teresa, evidently.

Do we need a more detestable protagonist, Doghouse? Help me out here.
    I have more questions about SA's recent leadership than about DM's overall conduct, dude.
    And... The jury isn't seated and we have fat jokes on the front page. Here we go. I mention this because of the future. And because DM has a point, darn it. Don't want to be controversial here, am not trolling for abuse here, but just to promote understanding or discussion.

May I please summarize the other side?
    Certain individuals if not DM), and certain one-design classes, boat manufacturers, naval architects, boat designers, sailmakers, sailing publications, sailing organizations, and sailing products have had their well-being materially affected by outright hipshooting and trashings in the mag.
    They are bummed, and as their families or organizations have needs or setbacks, no doubt they feel flashes of anger towards Mr. Tempenta and Co.
    Only one has come forward so far, and has been roasted for 70 pages, including by me.
    But where's the beef?
    I personally think wall street is evil, okay?. I detest how he got his money, too. I have nothing in common with the fellow, including size and income. But if he is so creepy and detestable, where is the day-to-day manifestqation of that?
    Okay, one last point. I don't know about you folks, but when I see a fat lady out jogging, my heart soars like a C-Class Catamaran. Because of the dream she has and the journey she has undertaken, even if that dream falls apart iin five minutes. I just gotta hand it to her.

We all don't get to be Ted Turner.

Doghouse owes me $.02US., I think. Joe