Thread: La Solitaire du Figaro Village Opens

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

La Solitaire du Figaro Village Opens

THE SCENE IS SET: MAKE WAY FOR THE ARTISTS!
    Published on 08/27/2020

The 35 solitaires at the pontoon in Saint-Quay-Portrieux, the village open to the public since Thursday morning and officially inaugurated at 6 p.m., very clear health instructions: everything is ready to allow the 51st edition of La Solitaire du Figaro to start in ideal conditions Sunday from the Bay of Saint-Brieuc. Until then, the sailors will be fine-tuning their preparation, with the ambition, particularly for the “regional” members of the stage, to shine from the start.

By mooring one after the other since the start of the week at the two pontoons made available to them in the port of Armor in Saint-Quay-Portrieux, the 35 solo sailors registered for the 51st edition of La Solitaire du Figaro have felt a real pleasure, happy to find - or to discover for the 8 rookies who will compete for the Bénéteau classification of Bizuths-Eric Ingouf Trophy - a race which, like all sporting events, has long remained uncertain because of the health context.

“The double fact that the organizer announced the maintenance of La Solitaire in June and that there is a departure and an arrival in Saint-Quay, where my parents live, finally pushed me to register while originally, I did not intend to participate ” , comments with a big smile (masked) Frédéric Duthil (Technique Voile-Cabinet Bourhis Generali), one of the three sailors from the Bay of Saint-Brieuc, with Yann Eliès (Quéguiner Matériaux-Leukémie Espoir) and Anthony Marchand (Royer-Secours Populaire Group).

The Covid-19 pandemic will therefore not have got the better of La Solitaire du Figaro, its organizer, OC Sport Pen Duick, can only rejoice, as confirmed by Hervé Favre, the president: “Since the start of confinement , we lived at the rate of cancellations of races, whereas what drives us is to organize them. Being there today, in Saint-Quay-Portrieux, with the opening village and the 35 pontoon boats, it's really a great success. We persisted, thanks to the support of all the communities that received us and accepted the not necessarily obvious sanitary measures to welcome the public. "

The representatives of these communities, who officially opened the village of the Bay of Saint-Brieuc on Thursday at 6 p.m., are also very satisfied with having been able to maintain this 51st Solitaire: “It was essential to stimulate a dynamic to support our economy both in terms of tourism and the nautical sector ” , confirms Ronan Kerdraon, president of Saint-Brieuc Armor Agglomeration, while the mayor of Saint-Quay-Portrieux, Thierry Simelière, adds: “ After a stopover in 2018 at the port du Légué, Saint-Quay-Portrieux is also home to La Solitaire du Figaro, which finds a setting commensurate with its importance. "

A setting that the public can walk through since Thursday morning, in compliance with health instructions intended to allow them to immerse themselves in the atmosphere of La Solitaire du Figaro in complete safety: wearing a mask compulsory outside and in the spaces enclosed, as well as on the entire perimeter of the port, hydro-alcoholic gel available in all areas, direction of movement in the village with clearly identified entrances and exits. “It was a great challenge to organize this Solitaire, we had the fierce desire to keep the popular side of the race with this village which allows visitors to come in contact with sailors and boats” , explains Alex Picot, chef project at OC Sport Pen Duick.

With the decor set, the players in this Solitaire, which through the commitment it demands and the quality of its field, remain an essential reference in offshore racing, now have less than three days to refine the final details on their one-design. of 9.75 meters, and in particular to look at the weather forecast for the first long 642-mile stage which will start on Sunday at 1 p.m. A stage on which the locals will necessarily be keen to do well, as confirmed by Anthony Marchand, winner here in 2018:“Coming back here actually reminds me of my first stage victory on the Figaro Bénéteau circuit two years ago. Since then, I have won two more, I would like to win a fourth, so obviously I have a little more pressure than if it was a start from Dunkirk or elsewhere ”.

https://www.lasolitaire.com/news/vie...e-aux-artistes
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

My money is on the French guy!