Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Port Huron Yacht Club Leukemia Cup

Port Huron Yacht Club Leukemia Cup

I'll be joining the crew of the illustrious Great Lakes yacht Pendragon this weekend for Port Huron Yacht Club's Leukemia Cup Regatta.

Money is tight all over, and there's lots of good places to donate money, but if you've got a little left over, we'd appreciate the help. We're racing in the memory of a friend and crew mate's father who lost a battle to cancer years ago.

Hell, I'm a Michigan alum, and I'm racing with a bunch of Sparties. Must a good cause, right?

So State Yacht Racing Leukemia Cup Page

Thanks!

PS- I'll try to put together a write up for this page to expand Great Lakes content on here.

And the Flying Crowbars are playing.

KTB, when did you graduate from UM?

Leaving in the AM to Traverse City for a wedding on Sat. Bummer I have to miss this race yet again.

one of those big freshwater ponds, eerie isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shife View Post
    Leaving in the AM to Traverse City for a wedding on Sat. Bummer I have to miss this race yet again.
    Shife,

As long as you'll be up north, stick around til Monday morning and do the Mac Bridge Walk. We went last year and it was a cool thing. Must have been about 50,000 people walking from St. Ignace to Mac City.

Hey, I'm learning to crawl!

Not sailing, but I'll be close, up at the cottage in Lexington or over at my uncle's in Deckerville shooting guns. I got a new SKS to shoot, ok it's 56 years old, but it's new to me...

Hey I'm posting on a sailing site that doesn't begin with S and end with Y.

Quote Originally Posted by glexpress View Post
    Not sailing, but I'll be close, up at the cottage in Lexington or over at my uncle's in Deckerville shooting guns. I got a new SKS to shoot, ok it's 56 years old, but it's new to me...

Hey I'm posting on a sailing site that doesn't begin with S and end with Y.
    Welcome! The cottage this time of year is awesome. We're NE of you across the lake in Bayfield. Well, not there now, but maybe in a few weeks.

It's going to blow dogs off there chains tomorrow. Can't wait to be COLD and wet for a change. This has been a smoking hot summer.

Can't wait to rock it out tomorrow!!! It's gonna be FUN!

You're such a good man, Kyle.

EDIT: In response to the first post. Just learning how to use this new stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chicken View Post
    Shife,

As long as you'll be up north, stick around til Monday morning and do the Mac Bridge Walk. We went last year and it was a cool thing. Must have been about 50,000 people walking from St. Ignace to Mac City.

Hey, I'm learning to crawl!
    Would do that in an instant, but.... Got a call early this morning that my father had emergency surgery done and found a ruptured appendix. They had to cut him open pretty far to try and clean it all out. They had a difficult time with what the doctor kept calling "pain management", but he's currently stable. We'll be heading home first thing Sunday morning, or possibly much earlier if the phone rings. We'd go home now, but he's on such high levels of morphine and dillodid (sp?) that there really isn't much point and he needs to rest.