• People

Published on 03-27-2012 11:30 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

On June 13th, 2011, Matt Rutherford sailed out of Chesapeake Bay on his Albin-Vega 27' "Godspeed" and deaded North. His goal: to become the 1st solo sailor to circumnavigate the Americas non stop.

"Godspeed" prior to departure

Matt's motivation for the trip is to show people, particularly those with disabilities, that there are no limits to what can be accomplished in life; and to raise money for Chesapeake Region ...
    Published on 01-13-2012 11:09 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Cruising/Destinations,
    3. People
    Article Preview

The waves are rolling nonstop over deck now that Gup and the Trade Wind have found each other… And so between the closed hatches and the wind blowing outside I am left with two choices: either I stay inside in the stuffy heat or I go have a salt water ...
    Published on 12-28-2011 08:50 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

"Bobby the J" got some new inhauler leads for his boat for Christmas, and we gotta say,
    the presentation is priceless! Bob by didn't ...
    Published on 12-23-2011 02:08 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. People

40 minutes from finish of 2011 Mini Transat finds her tooth brush and then tidy's
    up for the finish of her marathon ...
    Published on 12-14-2011 05:41 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

39 Year old Morgan Larson of Santa Cruz is sitting high on the sailing plateau these days, having just won two major events, the RC 44 Worlds with Torbjorn Tornqvist’s Artemis as Tactician and Match Racing helmsman. Shortly thereafter Morgan hopped across the Atlantic and joined forces with Steve Howe aboard his Melges 32 where they completely dominated the 18 boat Gold Fleet in Fort Lauderdale at the Gold Cup

Torbjorn and Morgan celebrate the RC 44 World Championship Victory

Morgan began sailing in Santa Cruz at age 2 on Lasers and with his parents on SC27's, Moore 24's, and the magic Merlin....” but my main boat was a little one man bathtub called a Jester Dinghy designed by Ron Moore and the late George Olsen” Morgan Recalls…

We caught up with Morgan taking a short breather at his home in Santa Cruz California, where he visits when he can to surf, sail recreationally and Mt Bike and hang with the crew.

PD: Your dad Bobbo (do you call him that or just friends?) and Dave Wahle were in instrumental in your sailing and surfing ...
    Published on 11-30-2011 11:04 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. People

A very intriguing and insightful introspect of the legendary Peyron brothers.

"CNN Mainsail episode from May 19th 2011 featuring an intimate
    portrait of legendary multihull sailing brothers
    Published on 11-11-2011 10:25 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

Sayonara, The Beast That Started It All And The Crew Behind It.

Sayonara leads arch rival Morning Glory in 1996 Big Boat Series

Having been holed up in Holland Michigan since the 2000 Chicago Mackinac Race, Sayonara, Larry Ellison’s 80’ Maxi is headed home. Her destination, Pier 80 in San Francisco which is currently HQ for Oracle Racing and ground zero for all things Americas Cup on SF Bay until the construction of the new piers on the City Front are complete. Sayonara was the launching pad for Larry Ellison into the yacht Racing World, his 1st foray into serious competition. In a conversation with his neighbor, one David Thomson back in 1994, the subject of sailing to Hawaii was brought up after ...
    Published on 11-09-2011 09:38 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. People

Quiksilver's Kelly Slater clinched an historic and unprecedented 11th ASP World Title Sunday in the cold and challenging ...
    Published on 10-23-2011 10:06 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. People

The crew of CAMPER, Emirates Team New Zealand's entry in the Volvo Ocean Race
    show their support ...
    Published on 10-23-2011 09:03 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

Nestled in Pierre Cayard's San Bruno Garage, earlier this year, Paul Cayard's original El Toro
    awaits ...
    Published on 10-04-2011 08:57 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

"I'm Thomas Watson and I am leaving San Francisco September 25th, 2013 and will return to it ...
    Published on 09-29-2011 09:47 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

Who would you nominate and why?

Portsmouth, R.I. (September 29, 2011) – With the
    Published on 09-25-2011 09:42 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

As the afternoon progressed, I saw 3 of the Wyliecats marching out of the fog in formation, sailing from the Blackaller/Alcatraz/Knox course in the YRA season closer. Attempted to get them just so but task became impossible without fouling other ...
    Published on 09-22-2011 04:55 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. People
    Article Preview

After years of struggling and combating to see the surf contest he founded return to it's
    roots, ...
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast