Thread: Bart's Bash

Bart's Bash

The F18 fleet in the bay area has been invited to Bart's Bash at the Sea Plane Lagoon with Artemis Racing. Story and pics to follow.

They will have at least one foiling boat out if not more.

http://www.bartsbash.co.uk/

um, when?

Sunday is the event.
    More info will follow this week but here is a rough schedule of what will be happening down at the 45Tent ("sea plane lagoon yacht club").

1100 - Team arrive to set course, rig boats (might be earlier for you guys as you may have to re-rig completely)
    1130 - Bouncy castle set up
    1200 - Scolari’s food truck arrives (serving food all afternoon)
    1200 - Skippers briefing
    1300 - BARTS BASH RACE START (to comply with the Guinness World Record attempt, the course will be a minimum of 1000m and 15min. Sailing Instructions will be sent separately to all entered sailors)
    1330 - Barts Bash Race Finish
    1400 - Kids Competition (egg race)
    Afternoon - all welcome to sail!

We’re keeping the official race relatively short, but everyone is welcome to keep sailing all afternoon

My donation page for the event https://www.justgiving.com/bb-rich-vilvens/

Bart’s Bash, the global sailing race organised by the Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation which took place on 21st September, has set the new Guinness World Record for the Largest Sailing Race (24 hours).

We are all part of the Guinness World Record.

Quote Originally Posted by F18 5150 View Post
    The F18 fleet in the bay area has been invited to Bart's Bash at the Sea Plane Lagoon with Artemis Racing. Story and pics to follow.

They will have at least one foiling boat out if not more.

http://www.bartsbash.co.uk/
    Is it story time yet?

I like stories!

Bart’s Bash
    Early last week the San Francisco F18 Fleet was invited to Artemis Sailing USA for the Bart’s Bash celebration. We got a group together and registered. We set up our fundraising page and the group decided on the logistics for the weekend.
    Saturday morning Daisy and I drove down to Redwood City and dropped the mast and got the boat ready to trailer. We drove up to Alameda and after a little investigating we found the right gate and rigging area. Soon there were a couple Artemis guys around and we got to take some time to check out the toys at the compound. The brand new Flying Phantom, Flying A Cats, Moths and a few other boats.
    We finished rigging and tied down the boat. We had to move the trailer to the other side of the tent and we were ready for the morning. We spent some more time checking out the Phantoms as the new one rolled out of the shop. We were meeting someone for dinner so we took off. After dinner we came back to show our friends the boats. We then went home to get some sleep.
    Sunday morning we got some breakfast and drove in to get ready. The parking area was much busier with a bouncy house for the kids, food truck area, and many boats rigging. We got the sails up and dressed as we waited for the skippers meeting. The plan for racing was explained and how the event was to be run along with the schedule for after racing. We got in line and waited to launch.
    We pushed off and got out in the lagoon sailed for a little bit. Soon it was time to go to the start line and we were off. We were a bit behind as I got the start sequence wrong. The wind was light and shifty to start. We would be flat and then get a puff and raise the hull and be off. We got up to the windward mark just outside the quay wall. We turned down set the kite and were soon back down at the bottom of course. We did another lap and we were feeling pretty good. Getting back one of the boats I lost on the start. You had to be careful with so many different speed boats in different legs but all was good. The race was called at the 3rd lap and people began to come into the dock.
    The Artemis staff were helping bring boats up the ramp and making sure everyone was OK after the racing. We got our boat up and began de rigging. There was barbecue and sandwiches at the food truck and the bar was open at the tent. Gin, Vodka, Rum, Beer, Wine, Water, and sodas were provided. We continued the de rigging and rolled back to the trailer.
    Soon there was the Childs repurposed sailboat race. Recycled materials were used to make several boats and were raced dock to dock and medals were passed out to all participants. With the boat down and the festivities done for the day we said our goodbye’s and set off for Redwood City.
    Thank You to the team at Artemis Racing, Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation for organizing the event, and all our fellow competitors for making this happen.
    Bart’s Bash, the global sailing race organized by the Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation which took place on 21st September, has set the new Guinness World Record for the Largest Sailing Race (24 hours).

Quote Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
    Is it story time yet?

I like stories!

Story time is on.

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Secret Foiling Sessions!

Meanwhile, Artemis Racing has resumed SF Bay Training on the AC 45's on San Francisco Bay.

Destination still unknown!
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery