Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Got Flicked From Sailing Anarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Should be sued class-action on behalf of English speakers and Anarchists for abuse of the term "anarchy."
    Best comment about SA, EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Born 2 Sail View Post
    He sounds like a nice, level headed tyrant.
    Why people put up with that is beyond me.

I've tried to get kicked off there several times. Most I ever got was a warning point.

J/92 Ragtime!
    You have to mess with their advertisers. At one point I had tweedledee arguing (via PM) with tweedledum about kicking me off because I contacted J/Boats. I think I survived that one, or maybe that was when ULDBGuy got the boot. Who cares, there is nothing of value to read over there any more.

You can rest assured that the plaintiffs workman's comp attorney sees dollar signs in the bleeding anus.

Group 3 Studmuffin Sanity Check's Avatar
    White bottom paints would seem unlikely to perform as well even if all else was equal just based on reflected light.

In a marina, under a boat, in the San Francisco Bay.
    White bottom paints would seem unlikely to perform as well even if all else was equal just based on reflected light.
    I'm not sure what effect you expect reflected light to have on anti fouling paint performance but I can tell you that I have never noticed any difference in performance from one color to another, for a given product line.
    Clean bottoms are FastBottoms!

Group 3 Studmuffin Sanity Check's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
    I'm not sure what effect you expect reflected light to have on anti fouling paint performance but I can tell you that I have never noticed any difference in performance from one color to another, for a given product line.
    I'd expect that since the sunny side of a boat has worse growth, that light colored surfaces on that boat would make the problem worse.

In a marina, under a boat, in the San Francisco Bay.
    I'd expect that since the sunny side of a boat has worse growth, that light colored surfaces on that boat would make the problem worse.
    While the sunny side of the boat is often more foul than the other, I personally have never noticed this to be more so with white paints.
    Clean bottoms are FastBottoms!