Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sodebo 2016-2017 Solo Round The World Record Attempt

despondent correspondent Photoboy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sodebo 2016-2017 Solo Round The World Record Attempt

** Code Green **
    The team of Sodebo ultim' passes in code green today Saturday 5 November at 12 pm in an attempt to break the record of around the world solo.
    This means a potential starting in 24 hours!
    More Information: http://bit.ly/2eoqhTI
    Next point in the next few hours
    Last edited by Photoboy; 12-16-2016 at 09:24 AM.
    " I just found out my nest egg has salmonella"

h2oshots.com Photo Gallery

Good Luck

Blog Entries

Colville Departs

Sodebo Ultim' crossed the starting line of the record of around the world solo Sunday 6 November 2016 at 14 hours 49 minutes and 52 seconds.
    To beat the record of Francis Joyon-Trimaran Idec, he will have to close the loop before the Tuesday, 3 January 2017 at 04 hours 22 minutes and 57 seconds.

THE ASSAULT OF RECORD
    SODEBO ULTIM ', the trimaran skippered by 31 meters Thomas Coville, crossed the start line of the round the world solo record Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 14 hours 49 minutes and 52 seconds.

To beat the record of Francis Joyon who is 57 days 13 hours and 34 minutes, it will close the loop before Tuesday, January 3, 2017 to 4:22 minutes and 57 seconds.

This morning at the Port du Château in Brest, the audience on the pontoon was impressed by the serene and determined mood of the skipper of Sodebo Ultim 'happy with this start early in the season. For him, it is an asset.

At age 48, Thomas Coville has cast off around 8:30. The sailor, who is physically and psychologically prepared for months, knows what to expect and he developed this multihull 31 meters by 21 meters wide with a single goal: to have the most efficient support for become the fastest solo around the world.

Starting today, the sailor should benefit from optimal weather conditions for solitaire on the first part of the trail that goes to Ecuador. After seven rounds still curly world, the competitor confided last night that he had never met an exceptional window even crew. The descent through the Bay of Biscay looks fast and straight, close to the Great Circle and especially without much maneuvering to achieve, they are always very engaging on these gigantic ships, moreover when you sail alone.
    Sodebo Ultim 'should pass Cape Finisterre next night.

Interview Thomas Coville before departure

"It is an excellent window to go to Ecuador. Jean-Luc Nélias (router) told me the windows like this, there is a year or sometimes not at all. So if you ask me in addition to the good road, to be rigged with the CAC 40, Ligue 1, Champions League, the US elections and the Vendée Globe is going to be complicated! "

"We stayed in our history. And more than that, I have a sponsor who gave me the freedom to choose when I left because they are people who respect me. They said: "You do what you want and you leave when you want. "This incredible start to this incredible date is Sodebo people I owe. "

"I had Armel Le Cléac'h and Vincent Riou on the phone these days, and they were not surprised to see me go too. I will be their weather station and help to address their path to find out what they might wind in the South Atlantic. "

"It is in times to Ecuador in less than 6 days which is exceptional. For three days, the sequence with the St. Helena anticyclone could take us to the Cape of Good Hope between 13-14 days. It therefore should not hesitate from today the Vendée Globe start the day. "

"It was 10 years ago, we thought we were crazy to go round the world multihull. Compared to previous attempts, I feel much more confident, more experienced and better equipped with Sodebo Ultim '. I have experience with this boat, which also has the soul of Geronimo, and he has already done the Tour (with Olivier de Kersauson and his crew in 2004). We are pioneers, it opens pathways as climbers in the mountains. "

"A Arrive before 31 December? I would not leave today if I did not think I could do it. This record, it is part of my story. It is within my reach. I would like to spend the New Year with you all! "

"Every start is different. It's always moving, difficult to extract and I never felt so aligned with all the work we did. This record, I think about all the time. This is a beautiful clock. It's the same bar than 6,16m, one Lavillenie comes to pass, dropping the record held for years by Sergei Bubka. "

"To cross the Bay of Biscay, we will have a Northwestern sky with powerful grains to Cape Finisterre. I should pass Cape Finisterre in the night, tomorrow morning off the coast of Portugal, to quickly tumble to the Canary Islands. Ecuador should go in record time this weekend. "

Since the Sables d'Olonne, as she greeted the 29 sailors who were leaving one by one the Vendée Globe pontoon, Patricia Brochard presiding co Sodebo alongside her sisters kept a wide open eye on what was going on simultaneously Brest.
    "These sailors are all truly exceptional and this authentic world that attracted us. There is a real respect them and we feel that what is important in all these major competitors, is the adventure they live and beautiful stories they share. Their mindset is good. "
    Last edited by Photoboy; 11-06-2016 at 11:15 AM.

Blog Entries

Sodebo 283 NM In Advance

Thomas Colville aboard the maxi Trimaran Sodebo (Gold) has taken a 283 nm advance on the reference of IDEC's 2007 record run.

Tracker
    Day # 1: A window that keeps its promises

SAILING TEAM SODEBO - THOMAS COVILLE · MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2016
    24 hours after passage line off Brest, Thomas was around 600 miles traveled. The beautiful weather opportunity to its promises, causing the lonely skipper off Portugal in a single board. The Bay of Biscay has been true to its reputation: big seas (2 hollow 2.5m), grains and gusty wind from 10 to 35 knots gusting. The next few hours will still announce more stable and conducive to rest.

Thomas Coville has passed Cape Finisterre tonight around 5 TU, only ten hours after crossing the starting line. With peaks of 39 knots and a relatively straight path, it could reach the first key doors of this world tour in the near times of those made on previous crew Trophy Jules Verne. Sodebo Ultim ', although fast is not less demanding, and requires the full attention of the driver especially in areas of heavy traffic crossings like those off Portugal tonight.

Now reached the coast, the trimaran continues its road in conditions of wind and warmer sea. Thomas, who left Brest quietly confident of his choice weather, can enjoy a few moments of rest before Madeira.

Blog Entries

Wednesday November 9th

Tracker

Sodebo now 230 nm in advance.

That Colville is a real motor mouth

Blog Entries

November 10 Update

Thursday November 10th position report.

Thomas Colville and Sodebo are currently 304 nm ahead of IDEC's 2007 Jules Verne record!

Tracker

If only I spoke the french.

Is there an app for that?

Blog Entries

Thomas lathers up as Sodebo cross the Black Pot and prepares to enter the southern hemisphere!

Sodebo currently 302 NM in advance of IDEC's 2007/2008 record...

Tracker

Blog Entries

A New Mark To The Equator

** NEW RECORD**
    Thomas Coville Spent Ecuador at 8 a.m. this morning, 5 days 17 hours and 15 minutes after his passage of the starting line to Ushant last Sunday.
    Sodebo Ultim registered a new reference time (awaiting validation wssrc) and confirms its advance on Francis Joyon's in 2008 run of 6 days 16 hours and 24 Minutes

TRACKER