Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beer Cooler, Don't leave shore without it!

Beer Cooler, Don't leave shore without it!

Man survives river on cooler box
    2010-09-07 11:41

Michigan - The US Coast Guard says a floating cooler helped save a man whose boat capsized in Lake Huron in northern Michigan.

The Coast Guard says the 46-year-old man didn't have a life jacket when his boat overturned on Monday morning off Presque Isle County's Presque Isle Township, about 320km north of Detroit.

The agency says the man survived in the 15C water by clinging to a cooler. Another man on the boat swam to shore and called for help.

A Coast Guard boat found the man at about 14:00. He was suffering from hypothermia and was taken to a hospital for observation.

The agency did not release the man's name or hometown.
    ~Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)~

Blog Entries
    Beer cooler's save lives - that is good to know at soo many levels!
    A little disorganization goes a long way toward fun sailing.

As a physician, I recommend it being properly ballasted with a multitude of 12 oz dispensaries.

Great. This confirms what I have suspected all along.
    Concrete and cars are their own prison bars....
    Meridian Racing

Back in the way back machine, I owned a 505. One afternoon I had my then wife out on it on a local, very windy, body of water. We had a small igoo on board filled with beer and her stupid ass white zin wine coolers (guess why we divorced). Well, we flipped it while she was on the wire. She floated off with the beer/wine cooler while I righted the boat and sailed up to pick her up. A gust hit just about the time that I sailed up to her. Rather than sheet off I sat down and hiked out hard and the boat accelerated like it was shot out of a cannon....yep....I ran over her and the cooler was bouyant enough to ensure that I pretty much nailed her with the centerboard.

You ever seen a really pissed off German broad? She had a 1" bruise/welt from her collar bone, down and across her torso, and down her left thigh. I felt like fucking Poland. Totally unpleasant experience.

edit: I'm really glad to be past that whole drooping testes phase. I'm in my 50's and that's one of my big fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Salvador View Post
    . I felt like fucking Poland.
    The best line in the brief history of PD right there folks
    Meridian Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Salvador View Post
    Back in the way back machine, I owned a 505. One afternoon I had my then wife out on it on a local, very windy, body of water. We had a small igoo on board filled with beer and her stupid ass white zin wine coolers (guess why we divorced). Well, we flipped it while she was on the wire. She floated off with the beer/wine cooler while I righted the boat and sailed up to pick her up. A gust hit just about the time that I sailed up to her. Rather than sheet off I sat down and hiked out hard and the boat accelerated like it was shot out of a cannon....yep....I ran over her and the cooler was bouyant enough to ensure that I pretty much nailed her with the centerboard.

You ever seen a really pissed off German broad? She had a 1" bruise/welt from her collar bone, down and across her torso, and down her left thigh. I felt like fucking Poland. Totally unpleasant experience.

edit: I'm really glad to be past that whole drooping testes phase. I'm in my 50's and that's one of my big fears.
    sounds like the few times mom crewed for dad...

Just by hooking up with a German woman makes you a very brave man.

(I was warned a long time ago by a skipper to avoid at all cost's, women from northern Germany specificly)
    Stay in the car and don't play with the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
    The best line in the brief history of PD right there folks
    Still curious about that " Dutch Rudders " line used by Bowline.
    ~Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)~

Quote Originally Posted by foreguy View Post
    Still curious about that " Dutch Rudders " line used by Bowline.
    Check the urban dictionary. I have to much self respect to post what it is....
    Meridian Racing